V-moda Vibes... The review is finished. (56k beware, big pics...)
Oct 7, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #1,426 of 1,475
I was just browsing through Amazon and found this.
Looks like there is a new Midnight Blue color variation coming out.

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 9, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #1,428 of 1,475
Well here's my $0.02. I have 1 week old vibes, with about 30 hours of burn in, though it didn't seem to alter the sound. I find them very bass heavy, not too bassy but there's way more bass than anything else. The mids are quite low and aren't overly clear, but they're not horrible either. The highs are pretty poor, and they're the reason i'm going to return them - cymbals and high frequencies are fairly poor.

Oct 10, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #1,429 of 1,475
Got my Vibes a couple of days ago and although I like the bass and overall smoothness of the sound, the upper range just kills it for me.

There is absolutely no clarity with these phones - instruments and vocals get stuck in the mud. I can get a halfway decent sound with an equalizer, but with gear that doesn't have that, like my pda-phone or home system, forget it. They are now limited to my PC.

On the plus side, you can finally get to play those disks that were so bright they were torture, the Vibes will certainly tame them.

So close, but a miss.

Oct 11, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #1,430 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vergency /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I guess Val might have taken my color suggestion seriously. I'll be getting a pair of these, then.

biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 8:23 AM Post #1,431 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vergency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was just browsing through Amazon and found this.

smily_headphones1.gif

So I was right?
blink.gif

Oct 17, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #1,432 of 1,475
Well just got my FAKE Vibes and threw up. I could have had a fairly decent lunch instead of buying this poo. Oh well. It makes be appreciate my Denon AH-C700K's even more
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #1,434 of 1,475
The first one is apparently the best, but it's hard to tell those from the second gen, which the general consensus is that they're pretty bad. They've improved since then with pretty much every change, so your best bet would be to get the newest one, or buy used from someone who can 100% guarantee that they have the first gens. I would just go for the new ones personally.

Oct 19, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #1,435 of 1,475
I wish someone could discover a cache of 1st Gen. Flashblacks or RedRoxx - I'd buy 'em in a second as backups to my Flashblacks.

Oct 19, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #1,437 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon118 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The first one is apparently the best, but it's hard to tell those from the second gen, which the general consensus is that they're pretty bad. They've improved since then with pretty much every change, so your best bet would be to get the newest one, or buy used from someone who can 100% guarantee that they have the first gens. I would just go for the new ones personally.

i thought the 1st gen ones were the ones with bad strain relief?

Nov 8, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #1,438 of 1,475
so, after going through this thread, all 72 pages of it, is there no clear cut foam tip replacement brand/manufacturer for the vibes? someone had mentioend the ones from ultimate ears, but i only saw one mention of it doing anything good. anyone care to elaborate for me?

thanks guys!

Nov 9, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #1,440 of 1,475
The first gen. were best - mod. to plug is easy and cheap (3/4" of shrink tube and a little epoxee cement).
Foamies for these makes NO sense. They are not IEMS and therefore cannot provide isolation like eg. Ety's. I still enjoy my 1st gens, - my choice has been to pair them with 1st gen Shuffle. They play very well together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back