V-moda Vibes... The review is finished. (56k beware, big pics...)
Feb 23, 2007 at 7:44 AM Post #856 of 1,475
haha i used a digital camera, canon sd600, i actually managed to shatter the LCD on my camera, so its kinda taking a picture blind folded. Its a pretty nice camera for its cost if you look it up.

I think limited edition colors would be very nice, that is definately among reasons why i saw interest in the v-moda vibe, it was unique, the construction looked amazing, which is often rare compared to how other companies simply try to milk as much money as possible from their products. Its priced very nicely. That is the problem of corporates these days, there is a lack of soul/heart sort of deal into what a company makes.

Lets just hope V-Moda doesnt change it's model.

Feb 23, 2007 at 1:39 PM Post #857 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by valkolton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am contemplating discontinuing one of the first two colors just to make Vibe more limited, even if it is a hot selling color. This way the "early adopters" get an advantage for helping us out, as usually the early adopters get the shaft when something catches on.

Hmmm.... I can now sell my original D77 eggos for as much (or more) than I paid for them. Discontinue GunmetalGray and I may be building quite a valuable collection here.

Feb 23, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #858 of 1,475
Wanted to get on record in support of R and L as they're currently marked (I have flashback chrome). Perfectly easy for me to read and nice and subtle. I like that they're there but don't take away from the sleek design. Anyway, I've spoken my piece.

Feb 23, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #859 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by grreapsphos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wanted to get on record in support of R and L as they're currently marked (I have flashback chrome). Perfectly easy for me to read and nice and subtle. I like that they're there but don't take away from the sleek design. Anyway, I've spoken my piece.

+1
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 23, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #860 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+1
smily_headphones1.gif

x2

I can easily tell them apart on the Red Roxx, if not by actually reading the letters, but also by NOT seeing the letters... eg, if I see the right side has no lettering (tips facing the right), I know that it's earphone for the right ear.

Feb 23, 2007 at 3:32 PM Post #861 of 1,475
Yeah, VAL--YO YO MA. Got that right!!!. Broke mine in listening to Horowitz playing Rachmaninov and Lizst. He really thunders on that ol' grand with Rachmaninov.

So add me to the Ma/Horowitz club of classical music with the Vibes. Wonderful synchronicity.

Feb 23, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #862 of 1,475
For those of us who sometimes likes to wear the Vibes with the wires tightly behind the neck and head, or for those who like to tighten up the dangling wires when enjoying the Vibes, here is a simple solution...use a small cable tie that can be found at any hardware store. Zip up the tie with enough tension so that it slips up and down easily yet will stay in place. It works great!

simple cable tie
IMGP2494B.JPG

close up
IMGP2495B.JPG

Feb 23, 2007 at 6:01 PM Post #864 of 1,475
Great to hear classical sounds good on Vibe, honestly I do like classical but I haven't listened to it in about 4-5 years or on Vibe yet. Oddly, I loved Classical and Country in College, but now as I am older I am a house/electronica fanatic, go figure.

SLR - photos arent working unfortunately but would love to see. There is a reason we don't have a slider on by default, I'll explain later...

Feb 23, 2007 at 7:14 PM Post #865 of 1,475
now that you have the money to make electronica sound at its fullest, ofcourse Val :wink:.

Heh, I am in college I listen to mostly Jazz, wonder where I will end up next...

Anyone tried Ray Samuel's Tomahawk with Vibe yet?

Feb 23, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #866 of 1,475
I thought I would post in this big thread. I got the VIBES today and out of the box they sound just fantistic. They let me see or hear what I have been missing with my other headphones.

Feb 23, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #867 of 1,475
I am still waiting for my Vibes to arrive, I was informed they shipped last Feb. 14th, don't know how many days it will take to arrive, I hope very soon.
wink.gif

I think I should mention I had amazing support from V-Moda, through Val and the person responsible for customer support - I had some problems when ordering my pair, the transaction was not authorized (for whatever reason) and my credit card decided to charge me three times for no order placed. V-Moda was very fast to contact me and help sort things out, everything is fine now. And all that before I could actually place my order, so this is to show they really care for customers, even before they become "customers" properly.
biggrin.gif
V-Moda and Gary Ali (who makes PA2V2) are now in my personal list as providers of great customer support.
I will post my impressions when my Vibes arrive. I already use earphones/IEMs, so I suppose they will only improve my personal experience. I was in doubt between Gunmetal and Chrome, but in the end it seemed that Gunmetal would be perfect for my taste.
Till they arrive, I am already anxious...

Feb 23, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #868 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
now that you have the money to make electronica sound at its fullest, ofcourse Val :wink:.

Heh, I am in college I listen to mostly Jazz, wonder where I will end up next...

Anyone tried Ray Samuel's Tomahawk with Vibe yet?

malos - we are developing music, this was my mission to create a music lifestyle brand, did you know Lamborghini started out making tractors?
smily_headphones1.gif
I think it'd be killer to create both the device and content that optimizes the audio/video experience.

I just ordered a Tomahawk amp, will report back soon!

ltucci - I think you are one of the first with La Mochas to post, glad some people are liking that color combo, its unique yet subtle in a way in person... welcome to the IEM world, what other headphones do you use/have?

OHPC - should be soon, gunmetal/flashblack were out of stock seemingly forever but we finally received more

Feb 23, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #869 of 1,475
Ya I am sitting here staring at my Mochas, its bit blingie but yet not, weird. I like it.

I finally decided that black fittings are better than white, tighter fit...for some reasons whites are always flimsy in their feel. Plus black fits the Mocha color scheme better.

Quote:

I just ordered a Tomahawk amp, will report back soon!

Cool
etysmile.gif
(sigh we need a Vibe smile).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back