V-Moda Vibes NEW COLORS!!!
Jan 6, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #16 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by valkolton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is definitely red (we don't plan on a pink), Flash is not greatest and the color cable picks up reflections. We'll take more pics soon, but it matches Red Nano nearly exactly. those who want to "rock differently" can have options now.

Yup - MODA means Style/Fashion in many languages and ours, goal is an intersection of function, funk (music), and fashion - "funkshion".

Correct Gunmetal Black and La Mocha = Same Cable; Red Roxx and Flashblack = Same Cable.

Correction? Red Roxx and Flashback Chrome both have the same red cable?? It doesn't appear that way on your website. Chrome has a silver cable, right?

Congrats on the new line of Vibes... I like the colors. I was considering buying a pair to try out, but I don't really have the extra funds at the moment (and not sure if I really "need" them since I have a few great pair of IEMs already).

I would definately like to hear them. Where can I go and try them out? Are they available for listening at your retail stores (Fry's, Virgin, Apple)?

Edit:
tongue.gif
Or perhaps since I live so close you can just tell me which coffee shop you go to and I can meet you there to try them! LOL.
etysmile.gif

Jan 6, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #17 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Correction? Red Roxx and Flashback Chrome both have the same red cable?? It doesn't appear that way on your website. Chrome has a silver cable, right?

I would definately like to hear them. Where can I go and try them out? Are they available for listening at your retail stores (Fry's, Virgin, Apple)?

Unfortunately we don't have listening stations YET, but we hope to with Apple in about 4 months. We will be at CES and Macworld this week, and after that if you want to stop by near our Sunset Blvd Headquarters, there is a MacHollywood store that will audition them soon after CES show.

Cables - Flashblack/Red Roxx have the same type of cable, but different colors. We use a clear outside shell with metal braid inside for Flashblack and Red Roxx, and we use a "tactile touch" silicone touch cable for the Gunmetal Black and La Mocha. The Red Roxx/Flashblack Chrome cable is a little more flexible and doesn't kink as much, and the Gunmetal Black/La Mocha cable has a tactice feel and feels more "solid". For around the ears either work, but the more solid cable on Gunmetal/La Mocha may take a few days to break-in and flex easier. I'd make the choice based on color/design preference, not cables as they equal out IMO.

Jan 6, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #18 of 51
Hello,
I own the Kenwood HD20GA7 and use the Creative EP630 as first choice headphones. I love the sound of the headphones, but my problem is the white noise of the DAP. When I'm listening to music at low volume or especially to silent parts of songs its quite annoying. I dont have the problem with my PortaPros and the original ear buds (which are really not so bad, by the way).
My question:
Will I have the same problem with the Vibes?

Thanx and sorry for my bad english

greetings Hannes

ups! just discovered that there is a better thread to post my question, i will post it there,too

Jan 10, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #19 of 51
Wow, they really look nice (though Red Roxx is a bit too extreme for me)
And as you already know, I can't wait for the other stuff you guys are preparing!

PS: Since you always talk about your compilations I was wondering if those are mixes/sets? (DJ Val Kolton?
wink.gif
)

Jan 10, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #20 of 51
I've been thinking about getting a pair of vibez. I recommended them to my friend and he got the Gunmetal ones. =] I really like the La Mocha color, but would rather have a clear cable than a black one. =T Possibly custom VibeZ in the future? =]

Jan 12, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #21 of 51
Custom would be trick, we are thinking about it in the future for sure, but cost would be much higher and we'd do it for a new model in the $500-$1000 range (depending on how custom).

Sets - yes, they are house music sets that myself, Yvonne, and Kurtis have mixed. We are still working on legal to release them, we will definitely have a lot of great music in 2007.

PS - gunmetal blacks are almost sold out, so they may be hard to find also for the next month.

Jan 13, 2007 at 9:46 AM Post #22 of 51
So it's been (nearly) a week, but the site still says "La Mocha ships in 1 week, Red Roxx ships in 1-2 weeks". Any update?

plus, do we get an email when it ships?

Jan 13, 2007 at 11:24 AM Post #23 of 51
I apologize but they have not shipped quite yet, most likely Wednesday or Thursday this week.

Yes, and email with tracking is sent within hours of shipment. Hold tight, trust me it's worth the wait!

Jan 18, 2007 at 5:36 AM Post #24 of 51
Val, regarding the T-Shirts, will they only be available through the site? And is there any news on when they might launch? I'd love to get ALL of these shirts - VERY NICE looking.

BTW - how sweat-resistant are the Vibes? I might just get myself a pair as workout headphones, because I don't want to subject my Triple.Fi's to the ravages of the gym!

Jan 18, 2007 at 8:01 AM Post #25 of 51
Shirts will be available on site, Virgin, and probably at least one major fashion retailer at launch (Nordstroms, Saks, or Bloomingdales). Site and LA boutiques first though.

Sweat resistance - very, I specifically wanted Vibe to withstand excessive workouts, and I am an avid jogger (at least 6 miles per run with my Nano + Nike+ gear). They are made to not rust, yet like any nice gear store them nicely and in a clean place. One of the main reasons I formed V-MODA was to make jog-friendly hi-fi headphones because at the time the best I could find were not very good and I was very frustrated as I am a DJ/musician and need great tunes during workouts when for auditions.

Jan 23, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #26 of 51
What are the black and dark red on the VModa site ? I must have these. Please let me know how/where I can get a set.

Any chance of Black with gold accents in the future ?

Jan 23, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #27 of 51
The red/black is "Red Roxx"

The La Mocha is gold accents with a VERY dark brown cable, to some it looks nearly black but its definitely a "venge" or "mocha" color in the design world and compliments well with black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back