V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Jun 26, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #1,276 of 1,343
  What kind of case are you talkin about?

Something similar to the ALO Audio Black Star like the one above in thx1000's post

Jun 26, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #1,277 of 1,343
Got mine today...it was an ebay auction and I got it for $250. Said it was new but it was opened.

Looks like it will pair up pretty well with the iPhone 6 when it comes out (based on expected size of the iphone 6)

Still...I feel like the iphone is pretty good even without an amp. The Vamp is certainly better but I'm not sure I would pay $500 for it.

So at what point do you guys switch the gain to High? I have the Grado 500e, M50x and Final Heaven VI. I've been keeping the grain on low.

Jun 26, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #1,278 of 1,343
Got mine today...it was an ebay auction and I got it for $250. Said it was new but it was opened.

Looks like it will pair up pretty well with the iPhone 6 when it comes out (based on expected size of the iphone 6)

Still...I feel like the iphone is pretty good even without an amp. The Vamp is certainly better but I'm not sure I would pay $500 for it.

So at what point do you guys switch the gain to High? I have the Grado 500e, M50x and Final Heaven VI. I've been keeping the grain on low.

I use low gain for my M-100s and ATH-M50s and switch to high gain for my HD 600s.

Jun 27, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #1,280 of 1,343
Ok...so this thing doesn't charge while you're using it through your PC right? So it needs to be turned off to charge?

Can it safely be plugged into a wall charger? I sear...I hate the trend of selling things with only a USB charging cable...I have three USB ports in my house and 27 outlets. What makes more sense to the customer? A wall plug does. What makes more sense to the manufacture? A USB cable to avoid different SKUs for different countries. 

Jun 27, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #1,281 of 1,343
Ok...so this thing doesn't charge while you're using it through your PC right? So it needs to be turned off to charge?

Can it safely be plugged into a wall charger? I sear...I hate the trend of selling things with only a USB charging cable...I have three USB ports in my house and 27 outlets. What makes more sense to the customer? A wall plug does. What makes more sense to the manufacture? A USB cable to avoid different SKUs for different countries. 

No, it charges while being used with any powered usb port. i.e Pc

Jun 27, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #1,282 of 1,343

It charges just fine using USB from a wall charger. That's the only way I've ever charged mine.

Jul 4, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #1,283 of 1,343
Does anyone know if the Samsung Galaxy S3 with the new Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat update works with Verza?

Edit: Just got my Verza today I can confirm that it works with Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat on my rooted Galaxy S3. It also drains the battery super fast.

Edit 2: Actually, with the toggle switches set correctly, the battery of the S3 is nearly unaffected.

First toggle down to "USB DAC"
Second toggle up to "iSYNC"

Ta da!

Aug 2, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #1,285 of 1,343
I took my Verza into an AT&T store and starting running around plugging it into all the various Samsung models running KitKat 4.4.2. It worked with all of them, including the Galaxy S4. I doubt we'll be seeing any more iterations of the Metallo case, but at least I know I can upgrade my phone from the S3 when the time comes.

Aug 3, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #1,288 of 1,343
Shame their warranty doesn't include cosmetic defects. My vamp is peeling and it would be a good opportunity to switch to the black/red one
evil_smiley.gif

Do you have the White Orange one too? Mines got a couple scuffs that appeared out of nowhere. I've recently taped up my M-100's peeling headband with a combination of artists' tape, Gorilla tape, a V-MODA sticker and Krazy glue. It looks pretty cool and I might give my Verza a similar treatment if the orange highlight starts going the way of the dodo.

Aug 7, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #1,290 of 1,343
A couple of months back, I mentioned in this thread how my Verza was drawing way too much juice from my ipod classic. Some members replied to say that was normal, but I wasn't convinced as going from charging ipod every 4-5 days to having to charge every day with Verza attached just didn't seem right.

Anyway, I got in touch with Vmoda support and after exchanging a few emails, I sent it back. I recently heard back that my Verza unit was indeed defective and they have now sent out a replacement unit 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back