V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
Sep 14, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #601 of 1,269
I'm looking to put this design on my M-80's, anyone have any feedback? The original image of the design itself was already pretty low-res, but I upped the DPI using my basic GIMP editor skills. I'm concerned that the intricacies of the image won't be engraved properly. I have the white M-80's and I plan to have this engraved on a 'brushed black' shield.

This is my first time posting on this forum so I cannot directly post an image. I have been taking a look around this thread for while, looking at the designs people have uploaded. I'm finally convinced that the fairly steep price for custom shields is actually worth it.

Thanks for your time, thread.

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #604 of 1,269
Can anyone take the picure inside this and transfer it to a crossfade lp shield template? And also heighten the resolution if possible. Thanks!

Sep 14, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #605 of 1,269
Hi, Im new and I wanted to do some custom shields for my headphones and I wanted some opinions before I decide on it.

right ear: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jz64h39pu0qgdjc/on-ear-shield-blank-template_illustrator%20right%20ear.jpg

Left ear: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7zb60yedfcfjobv/on-ear-shield-blank-template_illustrator_cs41.jpg

Sep 16, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #607 of 1,269
Sep 17, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #608 of 1,269
Got my new shields installed!

BGuCl6E.jpg

3QOfTFM.jpg

Sep 30, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #612 of 1,269
Oct 1, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #613 of 1,269
Hey,
I recently got the V Moda M100's.
I''ve got the Matt Black edition and wanted to order a pair of custom shields.
First of all, I was wondering if Crimson Red shields would go well with the Matt Black headphone?
I've looked at over a dozen of pages on this topic but only found gold or matt black shields.
Since I'm Russian, my friend put a Russian Coat of Arms on a Crimson Red shield.
I need some opinions, can it be any better and will it look good in real life (probably?)
Will the coat of arms be ingraved in white or black? In my opinion white looks better.
One thing he couldn't do was add my name to it. It would take away the beauty of the coat of arms.
Could anybody give it a try? I'd like to have my last name, 'Bondarev' up or under the coat of arms without ruining its beauty.
Thanks in advance!

Edit; I think my friend did it on a LP Template, I have the M100's.

Oct 1, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #614 of 1,269
Any color will work with black, it's personal preference really. But I would personally see if your friend can shrink it a bit. I mean you'll still probably wont get it all in the shields without compromising detail. But When looking from a distance I think would look awesome!

Oct 1, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #615 of 1,269
  Hey,
I recently got the V Moda M100's.
I''ve got the Matt Black edition and wanted to order a pair of custom shields.
First of all, I was wondering if Crimson Red shields would go well with the Matt Black headphone?
I've looked at over a dozen of pages on this topic but only found gold or matt black shields.
Since I'm Russian, my friend put a Russian Coat of Arms on a Crimson Red shield.
I need some opinions, can it be any better and will it look good in real life (probably?)
Will the coat of arms be ingraved in white or black? In my opinion white looks better.
One thing he couldn't do was add my name to it. It would take away the beauty of the coat of arms.
Could anybody give it a try? I'd like to have my last name, 'Bondarev' up or under the coat of arms without ruining its beauty.
Thanks in advance!

Edit; I think my friend did it on a LP Template, I have the M100's.

The template for the LP and the M-100 is the same. And V-MODA always engraves in white no matter what the shield color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back