V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
Dec 23, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #303 of 1,269
Quote:
So here it is, just got them today.  It looks a little more crisp in person but Overall happy with the image except as you can see the name is missing. I thought this was pretty careless by v-moda. The image was inside the guidelines so i dont see why they werent able to put it in. I emailed them to see if i can get a new set sent out to me by xmas. Well see what happens and keep you guys posted. Heres the image https://www.dropbox.com/s/n43mfl2ur8olnli/20121217_183033.jpg

Wow. Wow. and Wow again. I would have never thought they would have turned out that nice. Wow. I am in aw...
Quote:
It is possible to make that image black/white and then vectorize it in Adobe Illustrator. I don't have Illustrator though (my ~30 day trial expired), so maybe someone else can help you out with that.
I tried to make it a black/white image here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2816447/IMG_0370_copy.png
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2816447/IMG_0370_copy_contrast.png (this one has more contrast)

All my projects have been wrapped up at the moment so i'll see what i can do.
Quote:

Try using an online conversion service-there is a really good free one called zamzar that i have used in the past.
Quote:
I would like a suggestion.
I have the Phantom chrome version and I was wondering what color plate would look good for a swap if any.

I agree with Prakhar that red would be boss...if you wanted to go really flashy gold would be pretty cool imo.

For thse interested I ended up canceling my m-100's for the moment because I got a listen on the AKG K167's and now I want to hear the K267's before deciding on my newest pair of headphones. (I wish I could buy them all)

Dec 23, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #304 of 1,269
logo.png
Sleeve-for-the-xx-album-001.jpg
isbnw.jpg

Getting m 100s after christmas, cant decide between these three shield designs

Dec 24, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #310 of 1,269
Quote:
What color shields would look good with the Matte Black M100?

In my opinion the matte shields themselves look really good. But you cant go wrong with red on black, I myself have considered getting some custom blue and orange shields as well.

Tbh the way V-Moda's cans look, there is no ugly color.

Dec 27, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #311 of 1,269
I heavily researched different types of headphones and settled on the V-MODA M-80's, shadow, since they best fit my needs. The custom shields are an amazing thing, but I'm not so great at graphics so I came here to see if there's anyone who can help me design my shields. Probably the only thing that really bothers me about the M-80's is smaller shield size, thus smaller design, but then again, that's what makes them more portable and all that. Anyways, anyone know how to design a basic shield? I just want like a futuristic/dj/skrillex styled font that says "DJ Pon-3" on one side, and "Vinyl Scratch" on the other, in a more elegnant, signature like font. Also not sure on which side, or both, two bridged, mirrored eighth notes, wherever. Other things could be added, but that's the basics that I want, I just don't know where to start, I'm not great with graphics..

Dec 27, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #312 of 1,269
You would have to order 2 sets of custom shields in order for them to say different things on each one.

Dec 27, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #313 of 1,269
Quote:
You would have to order 2 sets of custom shields in order for them to say different things on each one.

Really? I thought you could order a kit with two different images. I know you can order a kit with two different colors and I'm pretty sure that you can email V-Moda with your order number and request different designs on your two shields.

Dec 27, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #314 of 1,269
To the best of my knowledge you cannot get two different colors, because then they would have the one of each color you didnt use just sitting there, unsellable. As for the two designs Im honestly not sure, I dont think its possible, but email David or Heidi with V-Moda support and they will answer you.

Dec 27, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #315 of 1,269
Basicly, I emailed them, they said it would work, here's the exact email response:
"
David, Dec 26 05:06 pm (PST):
Alex,
It's up to you as far as the design/text goes. If you would like 2 different designs. Place your order, and when your order is placed, e-mail customs@v-moda.com with your order # and both images you would like.
Rock On,
David
V-MODA Customer Service
http://www.v-moda.com"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back