V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
Feb 23, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #1,116 of 1,269
Let me preface with the fact I just bought some V-Moda XS headphones.  As it turns out they pinched my ears like crazy and I need to return them to buy M-100.  I bought the XS at the Microsoft Store, and was unaware at the time of purchase that when you buy direct form manufacturer you get an extra audio cable and free custom set of engraved shields.  So I am kicking around some possible ideas for a shield design for my new M-100s.

Like a lot of you guys, I am interested in a video-game themed shield design.  I don't want something obvious, but a subtle homage to my favorite game (Fallout 3) or a pioneering franchise (Half-Life, which gave spawn to Counter-Strike, modern Team Fortress, Portal, etc.) might be kind of neat.

Now, the problem is I suck as an artist.  I don't have any conception of what these might look like on actual headphones, nor do I have access to a photo editing suite to make these look spiffy.

WHat do you guys think of these possible designs?  I basically want it covert so if a gamer recognizes it they think it's cool, but otherwise might look like an actual V-Moda symbol.

Here are some rough mock-ups I made using MS Paint:

Fallout's "Vault-Tec" logo
3KEPziw.png

Half-life symbol
5u8SVC7.png

Do you guys like either of these?  Or should I keep searching?  Like I said I have no vision, so I don't know what these would look like on a set of shields on M-100s.  I am open to suggestions for colors, (I'd probably buy black after seeing a review that white leather discolors after time) especially on the shield plates. 

Thanks for the feedback!

Apr 24, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #1,125 of 1,269
you can order the crossfade shield kits that come with both the shield plate and the matching cover plate at the end of the headband in the link here (meaning you would get 4 pieces)

http://v-moda.com/over-ear-shields/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back