V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
Mar 29, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #842 of 1,269
Wow that's really awesome! Did you use the templates? Or did you just upload the picture as is?

Thanks!

I definitely used the template.  At first I used photoshop then realized that I made a mistake.  Reason being is because the template in .psd format is pretty low resolution and I'm familiar with the fact that prints need really high DPI to come out clean.

I ended up redoing it in illustrator and using that template instead.  Illustrator if used properly can scale thousand times larger with no loss in quality.

Mar 29, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #843 of 1,269
That's cool,I didn't know that. But then again I'm not a very tech oriented person haha. I ordered my m-100 with just the picture alone. I feel like I should have attempted to use the templates. They haven't came in yet so I'm having my fingers cross and hope it turns out good.

Mar 30, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #844 of 1,269
Hey fellow community, I just opened this account to ask about how my design looks for the M-100s and if it looks like it will come out well on a matte black shield.  I can't upload images probably because I just opened this, but I have them on Flickr right here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/33922772@N03/with/13523189183 .  The one image on the left is a sharper one which is a tad pixelly, and the one on the right was smoothed out but it may be a little too smooth, and I wanted to ask for some advice on which one would come out better, or if I'm doing this thing completely wrong and should re-do the whole design with some other template.  And who knows, if I buy these pretty expensive headphones I may start utilizing this forum frequently.  Thanks for the help!

Apr 1, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #845 of 1,269
I am absolutely dying to get M-100's. I want shields with some sort of wolf on it. This logo is perfect and I'm trying to get a image from the original owner of it, so then I could modify it a bit and get shields made. 

Apr 1, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #848 of 1,269
The wolf design is badass. What shield color are you getting it on?

Probably Blue, or Black. I contacted the people and I hope they'll answer, but if they don't I'll have to try and recreate it in illustrator or something.

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #850 of 1,269
Blue sounds very nice. And good luck man I hope you get it. I just got my m-100 yesterday and I gotta tell you they are even more sexy in person. I'll probably upload some pictures of my designs later.

You should!

I've seen Matte Black at a store before at the demo area.

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #854 of 1,269
That's cool haha. I love the color combination. I like how it gives out a vintage kinda look but still has some of the modern day style. I don't know, that's just what I think haha

i like it too but i kinda wish the gold was like the iphone 5 champagne gold tbh 

i dunno if i just like the bling haha its a really nice headphone regardless i woulda been just happy with the original shields

Apr 1, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #855 of 1,269
The champagne gold would look nice too. Maybe we can pitch the idea to Val? He might listen if we're lucky haha. And I agree, this is by far the best headphones I've ever owned, and the build is unbeatable. I have never seen any headphones build this durable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back