V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
Mar 10, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #811 of 1,269

Okay I think I've decided to go with this Image. But the question is what color should I get the shield as? Its for the Shadow M-100.

Hmm okay here are my thoughts. I too have the shadows (Just recieved 'em today) and they come standard with a pair of brushed aluminum plates. In my opinion if you want the shadows to look the best, and the design to stand out the most you should stick with black coloured shields. Unless you want another pair of brushed aluminum ones (they don't look that great engraved), you are choosing between the shiny black and matte black shields. Now I have both of those colours of shields, and I can tell you that although the shiny black ones look the most sleek with the rest of the headphones, the matte blacks look the best with the engravings, and the little bit of contrast they give the shadows looks very cool. So if I were you, I would get the matte black ones, but before you order, make sure you look at some pictures of different engraved shields and see for yourself which ones look the best to you.

Mar 11, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #813 of 1,269
I think they can do that. I've seen more intricate stuff around here, and keep in mind it's a laser, so it SHOULD work. And if it does, it'll look sick.

Mar 11, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #815 of 1,269
I think he meant cool, etc. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sick

Mar 11, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #817 of 1,269
Hi! I've been doing my own design tonight and jsut wondering if you guys think about it? Do you have any suggesions on something to change or something to add maybe?? would love to hear what you say! :)

was not allowed to upload any pictures here yet so had to go trough facebook hope you don't mind..

David :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202385121247084&set=a.2067162796394.2115511.1164537800&type=1&theater

Mar 12, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #818 of 1,269
  Hmm okay here are my thoughts. I too have the shadows (Just recieved 'em today) and they come standard with a pair of brushed aluminum plates. In my opinion if you want the shadows to look the best, and the design to stand out the most you should stick with black coloured shields. Unless you want another pair of brushed aluminum ones (they don't look that great engraved), you are choosing between the shiny black and matte black shields. Now I have both of those colours of shields, and I can tell you that although the shiny black ones look the most sleek with the rest of the headphones, the matte blacks look the best with the engravings, and the little bit of contrast they give the shadows looks very cool. So if I were you, I would get the matte black ones, but before you order, make sure you look at some pictures of different engraved shields and see for yourself which ones look the best to you. 

PS: You may already know, but the pictures are almost always not a perfect representation of what the colours/textures will be like in real life, but they do give you an idea of the differences. 

PPS: How can you have the nickname AllahLover with a 69 at the end? For a religion so strict about abstainance and sexual modesty, it seems a little odd for someone who I am assuming to be a Muslim to pair words declaring the love of their deity with the name of one of the most infamous sex positions of all time... Oh well I guess it doesn't really matter anyways, just thought it was a bit out of place.

Thanks for the advice, but should I at all consider the red plates? I think they would go quite well with the shadow color scheme.
P.S. My name is intentionally self-contradictory :)

Mar 15, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #822 of 1,269
Is it possbile to do anything from a photo like this 

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Lewis+Hamilton+Australian+F1+Grand+Prix+Practice+pswexCsfd1yl.jpg

I would like to have a picture of Lewis Hamilton the F1 driver on my shield with his name on it also.

Mar 15, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #823 of 1,269
  Is it possbile to do anything from a photo like this 

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Lewis+Hamilton+Australian+F1+Grand+Prix+Practice+pswexCsfd1yl.jpg

I would like to have a picture of Lewis Hamilton the F1 driver on my shield with his name on it also.

Yes! V-Moda does photographs now, and they can be done in grayscale. Now obviously you have to remember that quite a bit of the image detail will be lost in translation, but it still should look quite good. If you want it to go on the shields, just photoshop it together with the text you want, and then apply that image into the shield template.

Mar 20, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #824 of 1,269
Can anyone here help me help fit a picture into the shield template on photoshop? I really don't have much experience with photoshop and I don't know what I'm really doing. My birthday is coming up and I'm trying to order some new shields for myself but I can't figure out how to fit the picture into the template exactly. I would really appreciate any help at all. Thanks so much guys. Have  a good weekend! 

Mar 23, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #825 of 1,269
do you guys think the details would show up? how fine is v-modas laser detailing?
image.tiff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back