V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
Feb 27, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #751 of 1,269
  It's kinda funny. I think by themselves the Matte Black is really boring. Like, the white and shadow look SO much better. But throw a custom set of shields on them and now they're my favorite look. 

Then again, I like black and white art, all my tattoos are like that. XD

I was thinking the same thing. I've  been flip flopping between Matte black and white. I had chosen white cus my phone and my ipod are white but my older ipod and FiiO are blk and yours came out killer. So I'm back to flip flopping

Feb 27, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #754 of 1,269
~~ I just noticed last night that all my art work was going to come out inverted on the shield and that it didn't look as good, so now I'm going to have to redraw them inverted and try to borrow someone else's computer to download the Adobe Illustrator free trial since mine has expired.

Feb 28, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #756 of 1,269

hey guys this is the best i could come up with. i used gimp2, and im not an avid photoshop user( i used the clone stamp). will it look good ( if im able to get this design -star wars so probably copyrighted and vmoda wont do it-) ??? i also was thinking about the red shields ? opinions ???

Feb 28, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #757 of 1,269
I don't see why they wouldn't do it.
It's not a direct logo or stock image; it's heavily edited.

Anything black will be etched and appear white/bare while the white areas in your pic will be the shield color.

Mar 1, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #764 of 1,269
Remember, the black parts are the parts V-MODA will engrave, so on the actual shield the black will be white. That means that if you send them the inverted version, it will come out like your avatar. 

Mar 1, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #765 of 1,269
  For those whose shields didn't turn out fantastically and had to get them replaced, did you have to send back your old shields when getting a replacement? I just designed mine yesterday, and wanted to know if I'm screwed if they don't turn out how I want them to be (Shipping in my country is god-awful/expensive)

I'll update with a picture when my M-80s arrive! V-MODA's customer support has been fantastic so far. Very helpful and very quick to answer my questions and put up with my BS.

they don't make you ship it back. they ship you a new one without charging you extra shipping. from my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back