V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
Nov 28, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #677 of 1,269

The lines are quite thin so will this work? I'm thinking the Brushed black metal on the shadow M80

And I'm wondering whether I should upload them as the original image or fitted onto the .PSD?

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #678 of 1,269

The lines are quite thin so will this work? I'm thinking the Brushed black metal on the shadow M80

And I'm wondering whether I should upload them as the original image or fitted onto the .PSD?

Use the template and fit it into the PSD, but keep the res as high as possible and it should work.

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #680 of 1,269
  So it's like this. 

And why are the brushed black metal shields so unpopular for designs?

No idea, but remember, the black part will shows up white.  So if you want the design "as is", you might want to give it a boundary and reverse the color.

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #683 of 1,269
V-Moda did load back up on all their shield colors, for those who are interested.

also, the shields are only $25 now... i thought i rmbed them being $35 at some point?

Dec 3, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #684 of 1,269

also, the shields are only $25 now... i thought i rmbed them being $35 at some point?

Gold was $45, but other than that it should be $25 for the rest of the colors.

Dec 18, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #685 of 1,269
Long time lurker first time poster.

Anyway, I recently bought some Nero Crossfade LPs because they were $70 prime on the eighth. I would like to get some custom shields as well as some XL Memory Cushions and I would appreciate some answers regarding the shields:

1. Must I use the template? Or could I just upload the image? This is the logo I want by the way. Hopefully Rob Swire doesn't have my head for it. :p (Knife Party is my favorite music group.)

2. Should I invert it? I want it white on matte black. Will they invert it?

3. Should I shrink it or will they resize it for the engraving process?

Thanks for the help! :)

Dec 18, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #686 of 1,269
Long time lurker first time poster.

Anyway, I recently bought some Nero Crossfade LPs because they were $70 prime on the eighth. I would like to get some custom shields as well as some XL Memory Cushions and I would appreciate some answers regarding the shields:

1. Must I use the template? Or could I just upload the image? This is the logo I want by the way. Hopefully Rob Swire doesn't have my head for it. :p (Knife Party is my favorite music group.)

2. Should I invert it? I want it white on matte black. Will they invert it?

3. Should I shrink it or will they resize it for the engraving process?

Thanks for the help! :)

Use the template with GIMP or they will randomly size it for you which isn't good. Also anything black will be edged out so yes invert it.

Dec 18, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #687 of 1,269

I'd like to get this design, but I'm worried about the multi-colored nature of the design. In addition, on the straight emblem, the small gray shadow area beneath it makes me worried it would transfer over should I just upload the image. I tried cleaning it up on the template, but may have erased some of the picture in my efforts.

Does anybody know what would happen should I simply upload the emblem while ordering the shields? Let me know. Thanks.

Dec 18, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #688 of 1,269

I'd like to get this design, but I'm worried about the multi-colored nature of the design. In addition, on the straight emblem, the small gray shadow area beneath it makes me worried it would transfer over should I just upload the image. I tried cleaning it up on the template, but may have erased some of the picture in my efforts.

Does anybody know what would happen should I simply upload the emblem while ordering the shields? Let me know. Thanks.

You seriously need to turn it into gray scale and size it up in the template, or else it won't work.  And you definitely do NOT want to upload this design as is.

Dec 19, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #690 of 1,269
  So would this be good?

Thanks for the quick response! :D

Invert it and it will be good, but again if you pick the black shield, I think V-MODA will understand your intention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back