V-Moda M80 v LP/2 (Comparison help)
Jun 27, 2012 at 6:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SidwJnr

New Head-Fier
So i decided its time to invest in a decent pair of headphones and have been researching for a while.

I had ruled out the V-Moda's as i thought they where ugly and focused on Fanny Wangs but i saw the Nero LP's and since then i have started to grow a large fondness towards them.

To help ill try to describe the music i listen to, Alot of Electronic type music D'n'B, Ratchet, Sort of Dubstep? (nothing too heavy), Down tempo R&B, Indie electronic? and Rap (only care about clear lyrics when listening to Rap. Could be Maracas and a guy pissing for the music/beat and i wouldn't notice)

First things first which is actually bugging me quite a bit. Why are the LP's and the LP2's the same price? aren't the LP2's the newer (better) Version? If that's the case wouldn't the LP2's be pricier? this has confused me and led me to include the LP's in the comparison (also because i love the Custom Nero LPs)

My main questions if you could answer them in plain retard english (noob):

What are the Main difference's in sound Quality?

Have you Exercised (weights/running) wearing these headphones and how comfortable where they? (List any annoying issues like slipping off your head, Bouncing, etc.) This is quite a major factor for me as the best chance i have to listen to music is whilst i am in the gym, or driving home.

Also, Any Pro's Con's you could point out for me would be great! Thank you :)

Jun 27, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #3 of 5
Anyone that is new to reference class headphones will be blown away! Especially if your using a tube amp! If you have a setup like mine, you will truly be blown away by what a high end pair of headphones can do.....especially if your using a tube amp, like my little dot mk3, and blue dragon v3 cable! But if you want to be a Tue audiophile, listen to CDs, or better quality sound :) also, I use the sennheiser hd650's, which are one of the best headphones out there! Good luck on your audio quest..... :)

Jun 27, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
So i decided its time to invest in a decent pair of headphones and have been researching for a while.

I had ruled out the V-Moda's as i thought they where ugly and focused on Fanny Wangs but i saw the Nero LP's and since then i have started to grow a large fondness towards them.

To help ill try to describe the music i listen to, Alot of Electronic type music D'n'B, Ratchet, Sort of Dubstep? (nothing too heavy), Down tempo R&B, Indie electronic? and Rap (only care about clear lyrics when listening to Rap. Could be Maracas and a guy pissing for the music/beat and i wouldn't notice)

First things first which is actually bugging me quite a bit. Why are the LP's and the LP2's the same price? aren't the LP2's the newer (better) Version? If that's the case wouldn't the LP2's be pricier? this has confused me and led me to include the LP's in the comparison (also because i love the Custom Nero LPs)

My main questions if you could answer them in plain retard english (noob):

What are the Main difference's in sound Quality?

Have you Exercised (weights/running) wearing these headphones and how comfortable where they? (List any annoying issues like slipping off your head, Bouncing, etc.) This is quite a major factor for me as the best chance i have to listen to music is whilst i am in the gym, or driving home.

Also, Any Pro's Con's you could point out for me would be great! Thank you :)

The LP2s are indeed pricier than the original LPs. However, certain design styles of the LP fetch higher prices. But the LP2 is about twice the price of the original.

Amazon: Crossfade LP | Crossfade LP2

The M-80s are more detailed across the whole range. Mids are more forward and the highs are clearer, with some treble sparkle that is missing from the LP2. The bass is also well extended, although the quantity is far less than its bigger brother. Thus, the sound is a lot more balanced, and can fit many genres. Vocals are definitely better on the M-80 than on the LP2.

The LP2 on the other hand is just a bass monster. The quantity is quite excessive, resulting in a muddy sound that shrouds a lot of the mid-range. As a basshead can, it's a good for something like a one note bass headphone, and it has a lot of that, too.

I haven't exercised with either of them, or done any vigorous activity for that matter, but the LP2s are a lot more secure on my head, given its bigger size. Still, the M-80 are quite comfortable too, but I'd take the LP2 for extended listening anytime.

If you're an extreme basshead, then the LP2 might be more up your alley. However, if you're not willing to sacrifice better sound for more bass, then you can't go wrong with the M-80s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back