V Moda M100 vs Denon AHD600 which one is better?
Jan 24, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #3 of 9
I would go for the M100. I bought the Denon from a Magnolia store and thought they were good but not great. The only outstanding area of their sound signature was the bass. The rest of the spectrum was mediocre. Their build quality is great and the included cables are top notch, but they D600 is like putting a satellite on top of your head. They stick out a good 4 or 5 inches from each side of your head. My K550's sounded better hands down so they ended up goin back.

All that being said, I've had the chance to play around with a pair of M100's a few times at a Brookstone in my area. I think that they just have more to offer. The bass is on par but the mids and highs sound more lush than the D600.

Jan 24, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #4 of 9
I've read that the Denons D600 are more Hifi being compared with the D5000 and that the M100 lacks clarity and is more consumer like beats? Is the M100 def better then? Just want to make sure I get a good musical sound.

Jan 24, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #5 of 9
I've had both, just sold my M100. The bass with the D600 is epic out of a vintage amp. From a portable standpoint the M100 is better in that is smaller and low profile but that's all it has on the Denon. With a portable amp the Denon is better bass as well, and actually it does not even need an amp.

Comfort is not even close, even with the XL pads, and the Denons pads are deep and incredibly isolating and soft.

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #6 of 9
That last post really tempts me! Do the D600 sound ok for classical? It's not my main genre but I do have some classical albums. I'm tempted to get both the D600 and D7100 and have a Denon arsenal! And use the D600 for portable.

Mar 4, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #7 of 9
i use them for classical. even though the mids are slightly coloured, the huge and deep 3d soundstage makes me feel like sitting in the middle of a concert hall.

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #8 of 9
I briefly had the D600 - I thought they had WAY too much bass. A true basshead can in my opinion. They are supremely comfortable though. I didn't try them with classical music, so... maybe they would work??? I see them sell used for ~ $200 - at that Price I would recommend trying them out.

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #9 of 9
Sorry. Bump. 

Does anyone own AH-D600 D7100 and The m100. 

Will you Denneon cables fit your m100? 
I am trying to make a l/r channel m100 cable for a special custom mode and cant find a slim enough termination ANYWHERE, but I know they exist. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back