V-MODA M100 or Denon AH-D600?
Aug 16, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #18 of 25
It was a long time issue with the first releases of the LPs. It was then addressed by V-Moda. I use the LP2 and M-100 for more than a year, and I have no problems with build quality.

It's still happening on the M-100's. Guy just posted on the main thread about it by the name of Transformatron.

Aug 16, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

It was a long time issue with the first releases of the LPs. It was then addressed by V-Moda. I use the LP2 and M-100 for more than a year, and I have no problems with build quality.

What has been "addressed" by that is simply less tightening of the screws by default which obviously won't stop users from overtightening them when swapping shields.

It's really no science, it's metal against plastic, any1 can see the result of that. I don't understand why V-Moda doesn't simply use rubberring screws so there would be a thin layer of rubber between the metalscrew and the plastic => problem solved. If the surface of it would be totally flat it would be quite okay but it isn't, so excess pressure is put on a small surface contact area from the screw, it doesn't need a whole lot before the crack is a fact. By rubberrized screws it would probably minimize cracked plastic part tenfold as the pressure would be distributed more evenly!

Aug 16, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #20 of 25
Keep an eye on the V-MODA store today, as Val posted yesterday that he will starts accepting pre-orders for the XL pads today.

Dec 7, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #22 of 25
It has better comfort, soundstage, yes, but I feel the bass is deeper and more visceral than the M-100.

Just my view but did a number of head to head tests and sold the less preferred.

Dec 7, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #23 of 25
It has better comfort, soundstage, yes, but I feel the bass is deeper and more visceral than the M-100.

Just my view but did a number of head to head tests and sold the less preferred.

So the bass is deeper on the d600s and more visceral? Really?
So that would mean the d600 beats the m100 in almost everyway (except looks for going outside). What about both the midranges and also clarity and details? How do they compare?

Dec 7, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #24 of 25

So the bass is deeper on the d600s and more visceral? Really?
So that would mean the d600 beats the m100 in almost everyway (except looks for going outside). What about both the midranges and also clarity and details? How do they compare?

To me, yes, the only advantage the M-100 has is it's a much better portable solution as it lays on your skull nicely where the D600 is a bit big.  I prefer the mids of the D600 as well.  It's been about 8 months since I had the last M-100 so the clarity and details is a distant memory but I do remember liking the D600 in just about every area. 

Just my opinion on this stuff - starting with comfort there is no comparison and the V-Moda loses this battle to my ears/preferences. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back