V-moda M-80 Review: Can Lifestyles sound good?
Nov 12, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #16 of 19

Quote:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the bass in "all of the lights" supposed to be distorted?

@Pwn3r4Life - Check this M80 review thread started by jude: http://www.head-fi.org/t/578207/v-moda-crossfade-m-80-reviews
Hope this helps to clear your doubts after you read them.

I guess you are right. Listened to the same track with other headphone and yeah it is little distorted in this particular track. Never mind my V 80 is singing right now after 2 days of burning in :D

Nov 18, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #17 of 19
Sorry for the super late response, if you guys are still interested, here are my answers:

Pwn3r4Life: For ear fatigue, sound-wise, I do not have any problems with fatigue during my listening sessions, which go from five minutes to an hour and a half.

Sound Signature: I'm no audiophile, but while these aren't quite neutral, they don't pierce my ears with sibilance or have their mid range engulfed by bass. They never feel as they are lacking in bass, however, and the mid range cab sound a bit recessed at the beginning, but after letting the pads soften, it's much better.

Range: I'm not experienced in things such as bass extension and such, s I can't comment here.

Remote: The buttons can't be pressed accidentally easily like other remotes, and it's easy to distinguish the buttons, as the middle button for controlling the tracks is recessed a bit. The volume change is immediate when pressed, but play/pause takes a second.

Mic: I do not use these with a phone, so I can't comment on this.

Comfort on neck: They do not flat fold, and if you're wearing a shirt that doesn't cover you're collar bone, the metal "arms" may touch your skin. That's just my experience, however.

Plates: The plates are metal. They can be exchanged for other plates, including custom ones on V-moda's website.

smfoo2: I've never noticed any bass distortion (Though I'm not great at detecting that) with my tracks, and on my M80's which have about 150-200 hours, I did not notice distortion. Again, it may actually be there, as my ears don't really know how to detect this.

Nov 18, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #19 of 19
While I don't use an equalizer when listening to music, and am not on my regular computer (Which has Foobar), I tried using Itune's equalizer with the song High and Dry by Radiohead. They seemed pretty sensitive to adjustments, especially when adjusting the the treble.

I do not have much experience with this, so asking in the M80 review thread would be a better idea. Sorry for not knowing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back