V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
Jan 4, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #871 of 925
Quote:
Quote:
How well are they driven off a Clip+?

From my experience you should have no problem, as they were meant to be driven off portable devices.

Yeah, they sound just fine out of a Clip Zip. The soundstage is a bit small, but that's the nature of the Clip Zip itself, not the headphones. Having an amp helps this a bit even though it's double amplification.

Jan 6, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #872 of 925
I need some help on making a decision, I currently own the Bose OE2, and they're the best headphones that I own, (sadly). I find the bass to be substantial, and the mids to be slightly recessed, yet, the highs, a bit sibilant at times. I listen to primarily Hip-hop, Rap, and Electronic music. With the occasional Rock.  I'm looking for a pair of "Bass-Heavy" headphones that also have great mids and highs. my decision is between the M-100's and LP2's. All prices, accessories, and looks aside, which has better sound quality for me? 

Jan 6, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #873 of 925
Quote:
I need some help on making a decision, I currently own the Bose OE2, and they're the best headphones that I own, (sadly). I find the bass to be substantial, and the mids to be slightly recessed, yet, the highs, a bit sibilant at times. I listen to primarily Hip-hop, Rap, and Electronic music. With the occasional Rock.  I'm looking for a pair of "Bass-Heavy" headphones that also have great mids and highs. my decision is between the M-100's and LP2's. All prices, accessories, and looks aside, which has better sound quality for me? 

Probably the M-100, but I haven't listened to the LP2 in-person so I can't give a definitive answer. I greatly prefer the M-100 over the LP's though. I'm guessing the M-100 will bring out more details than the LP2 and will have a cleaner bass to midrange transition.

Jan 7, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #874 of 925
Quote:

No brainer- M-100.

Jul 17, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #876 of 925
I just don't get how you guys called these V-moda headphones comfortable. I bought the Crossfade LP a while ago, and after putting it on my head for an hour, it started to hurt. Even after I stressed it out for couple days. Then my brother tried it out and he said the same thing, then we returned it. So I'm assumed the M-100 has the same exact shape as the LP, just a more expensive driver inside.

Jul 17, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #877 of 925
Quote:
I just don't get how you guys called these V-moda headphones comfortable. I bought the Crossfade LP a while ago, and after putting it on my head for an hour, it started to hurt. Even after I stressed it out for couple days. Then my brother tried it out and he said the same thing, then we returned it. So I'm assumed the M-100 has the same exact shape as the LP, just a more expensive driver inside.

The answer is really quite complicated: People who find the M-100s comfortable aren't clones of you or your brother. In fact, their heads and ears are probably a completely different shape! Wild but true!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

(For what it's worth, I personally find them a tad uncomfortable myself -- My left earlobe just makes contact with the driver housing. Thinking about it, though, it's exceedingly rare for me to encounter a headphone that feels great after an hour of untouched head-time...)

Jul 17, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #878 of 925
So do you have the M-100? I mean I would buy the M-100 right away if it's not cause of the comfort factor.
Also, for anyone that has both the DT 990 Premium or Pro, can you compare it to the M-100?

Jul 18, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #881 of 925
Also, i was looking at the Vmoda LP on amazon.com, and they're all like around $100 ($100 cheaper compare to buying from Vmoda website). So why is it 50% cheaper? And I saw these BEWARE FAKES on Vmoda webstie and facebook.
So are all these LPs selling on amazon for $100 are fake? Cuase I really have no idea.

Jul 19, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #882 of 925
Quote:
Also, i was looking at the Vmoda LP on amazon.com, and they're all like around $100 ($100 cheaper compare to buying from Vmoda website). So why is it 50% cheaper? And I saw these BEWARE FAKES on Vmoda webstie and facebook.
So are all these LPs selling on amazon for $100 are fake? Cuase I really have no idea.

There are three versions of a similar looking headphone.  As the price goes up, so does the sound quality.

The original LP - around $100.

The LP2 - around $200

The M100 - around $300

All are authentic on Amazon's site if you buy directly from them and not a marketplace seller.

Jul 19, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #884 of 925
I got an email from Vmoda. They said the LP2 is the same as the LP, just that the LP2 is a limited edition for aesthetic only.

Ticket ID: 28267

Your request has been deemed solved. If you wish to reopen your ticket, reply to this email

David, Jul 18 02:13 pm (PDT):

Jin,

Sound quality will be the same with both models. The LP2 is a more limited edition all matte black version that includes an extra set of blank shields. We do not charge restocking fees.

Rock On,
David
V-MODA Customer Service
http://www.v-moda.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back