V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
Oct 19, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #616 of 925
Haven't kept up with the M-100 at all so I apologise if these questions are ones that are constantly posed.

- If I preorder now, I take it the boom mic will not be included?
- I want the exact matte black M-100 Jude photographed. On the order page there are extra shield colour and design options. Does this mean it comes with one default matte black shield and an additional one you can customise?
- Is there a fee for customised shields?
- So the headphone has two inputs? I want the versatility to use the boom mic with the Astro Mixamp. Would that mean one cable dangling from one cup for sound, and another for the cable with the attached boom mic for voice? So two 3.5mm plugs that need to go into the single sound/voice output of the MixAmp. Or does the cable with the attached boom carry sound in addition to voice?

Val, if the boom mic was a bonus for the first adopters and will be available later, at least make it an additional option that people who order now pay extra for. Don't really want to place another order just for the boom mic later and pay extra for shipping.

Oct 19, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #617 of 925
Quote:
Do lp/lp2 shields fit to m100? Maybe someone has experience in that. Also I don't understand when I need to send my image to customs@v-moda.com before or after ordering? If I order headphones without image it can't be added lately I think but If I order headphones with image it may be as base for engrave. 

The shields for the two are the same, and you're supposed to upload an image while you order, but you can do it afterwards if you want too, as long as they haven't shipped.
Quote:
Haven't kept up with the M-100 at all so I apologise if these questions are ones that are constantly posed.

- I want the exact matte black M-100 Jude photographed. On the order page there are extra shield colour and design options. Does this mean it comes with one default matte black shield and an additional one you can customise?
- So the headphone has two inputs? I want the versatility to use the boom mic with the Astro Mixamp. Would that mean one cable dangling from one cup for sound, and another for the cable with the attached boom mic for voice? So two 3.5mm plugs that need to go into the single sound/voice output of the MixAmp. Or does the cable with the attached boom carry sound in addition to voice?

Val, if the boom mic was a bonus for the first adopters and will be available later, at least make it an additional option that people who order now pay extra for. Don't really want to place another order just for the boom mic later and pay extra for shipping.

The boom mic doesn't come with the current pre-order, they ran out with the last run!  They probably won't have new ones for a few weeks...dunno how much they'll cost though.

The headphone does indeed have two inputs.  The boom mic's cable is also an audio cable though - it has the same TRRS plug the standard mic cable does, with both voice and mic with the same plug.  You'll need a splitter if the source has two ports for that.

Oct 19, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #618 of 925
Quote:

I will answer your questions in the order they've been asked.
  • If you pre-order now, you will get the choice of a different cable or an in-ear v-moda earphone. You can also choose to wait for the boom mic. (up to 8 weeks expected wait)
  • In my - the first - pre-order, it worked that way. So you will get the default shields, as well as your customized shields on top of the base set.
  • There is no fee for customized shields for this pre-order. It is a special bonus for pre-orderee's like yourself and others.
  • I am sure the Astro Mixamp will work with the V-MODA boom mic cable, assuming it has a port for a combined headphone/mic jack. If not, you will need to get a VOIP adapter to split the M-100 cable into mic and audio.

Oct 19, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #619 of 925
Quote:
YEESSS! My M-100's just shipped! I pre-ordered it the day the second batch went up. That was quick! Now I will have these and a review pair of UE 6000s to do a battle with! (If anyone is interested, stay tuned to my YouTube channel: youtube.com/HotFieryTech

Oh wow, I thought we weren't going to get them until like December!!

I can't wait, I ordered yesterday!

Oct 19, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #620 of 925
Quote:
Quote:

I will answer your questions in the order they've been asked.
  • If you pre-order now, you will get the choice of a different cable or an in-ear v-moda earphone. You can also choose to wait for the boom mic. (up to 8 weeks expected wait)
  • In my - the first - pre-order, it worked that way. So you will get the default shields, as well as your customized shields on top of the base set.
  • There is no fee for customized shields for this pre-order. It is a special bonus for pre-orderee's like yourself and others.
  • I am sure the Astro Mixamp will work with the V-MODA boom mic cable, assuming it has a port for a combined headphone/mic jack. If not, you will need to get a VOIP adapter to split the M-100 cable into mic and audio.

My Astro MixAmp headphone jack also handles voice. It used to take a 2 female to 1 male Y adapter when I had the Astro headset so the M-100's boom mic should work straight into that port. Thanks for the info. 

Adding the M-100 to shopping cart automatically gifts the Fader in-ears. There's no option to choose a different cable or set preference to wait for the boom mic instead.

Oct 19, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #621 of 925
Quote:

My Astro MixAmp headphone jack also handles voice. It used to take a 2 female to 1 male Y adapter when I had the Astro headset so the M-100's boom mic should work straight into that port. Thanks for the info. 

Adding the M-100 to shopping cart automatically gifts the Fader in-ears. There's no option to choose a different cable or set preference to wait for the boom mic instead.

I have been using my M-100s with the Astro and it works fine (I haven't messed with the voice yet though as I just ordered my USB chat cable), but I can say that audio does go to the headphones.

There was never a choice for the boom mic vs. faders vs. cables etc..  Some folks that were towards the end of the initial pre-order got the choice of waiting for a boom mic or something else since they ran out of mics.

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #624 of 925
IMPRESSIONS OF M-100 + DIGIZOID ZO2.3

---------------------

HOLY BALLS

---------------------

In all seriousness, I was backstage before/during my performance tonight and had a couple hours to test the M-100's with the DigiZoid ZO2 (v2.3). Boy, if you guys thought these cans purred without amping, you gotta try it with a ZO2. Waves of creamy, delicious bass washed over my ears like the richest of swiss chocolates, while the crunch of the mids and the airy highs remained present, not unlike almonds and bits of toffee in this chocolatey simile.

Albums I tested with the M-100 both unamped and amped included:

Local H - Local H's Awesome Mix Tape #1 (Post-Punk/Post-Grunge Rock)
Ritalin - Bedside Toxicology (Ambient/Industrial Electronica)
Mr. Scruff - Ninja Tuna (Trip-Hop/Electronica)
Metallica - Metallica (Thrash/Heavy Metal)

I can vouch for the fact that the M-100 retains it's impressive soundstage and the mids/highs stay right where they are while the bass thunders down. With those memory foam pads, it's a little like basshead heaven.

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #625 of 925
Quote:
IMPRESSIONS OF M-100 + DIGIZOID ZO2.3

---------------------

HOLY BALLS

---------------------

In all seriousness, I was backstage before/during my performance tonight and had a couple hours to test the M-100's with the DigiZoid ZO2 (v2.3). Boy, if you guys thought these cans purred without amping, you gotta try it with a ZO2. Waves of creamy, delicious bass washed over my ears like the richest of swiss chocolates, while the crunch of the mids and the airy highs remained present, not unlike almonds and bits of toffee in this chocolatey simile.

Albums I tested with the M-100 both unamped and amped included:

Local H - Local H's Awesome Mix Tape #1 (Post-Punk/Post-Grunge Rock)
Ritalin - Bedside Toxicology (Ambient/Industrial Electronica)
Mr. Scruff - Ninja Tuna (Trip-Hop/Electronica)
Metallica - Metallica (Thrash/Heavy Metal)

I can vouch for the fact that the M-100 retains it's impressive soundstage and the mids/highs stay right where they are while the bass thunders down. With those memory foam pads, it's a little like basshead heaven.

Well, balls. Time to turn up the bass on my E17. Won't be the same experience though, sadly ;_________;

EDIT: btw, are the (point)# after the ZO2 firmware versions or hardware versions?

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #626 of 925
Quote:
Well, balls. Time to turn up the bass on my E17. Won't be the same experience though, sadly ;_________;

EDIT: btw, are the (point)# after the ZO2 firmware versions for hardware versions?

Firmware, I believe. ZO2 would be the hardware...and the .3 after would be the firmware.

Pretty sure. Not a genius in this aspect. I know it has subtle differences from the original ZO2.

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #627 of 925
When the original ZO2 came out there was a lot of hiss issues. To fix those issues they updated to 2.1 and then a 2.2. It's been awhile since I was last on that thread but I think the updates were more hardware then firmware related but I could be wrong. In other news, I'm trying my UHA-4 amp with my M-100 for the first time and it doesn't sound half bad at all.

Oct 20, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #629 of 925
When the original ZO2 came out there was a lot of hiss issues. To fix those issues they updated to 2.1 and then a 2.2. It's been awhile since I was last on that thread but I think the updates were more hardware then firmware related but I could be wrong. In other news, I'm trying my UHA-4 amp with my M-100 for the first time and it doesn't sound half bad at all.

There's actually a greater difference between v2.3 and v2.1 compared to the original ZO1. ZO2.3 and ZO1 are fairly the same except 2.3 has low and high gain but they seem to share same amping configs. The ZO2.1 has a bit higher gain and has maybe slightly more low-mid presence. The ZO2.1 sounds a bit more "full-bodied" / thicker and slightly more forward mids with slightly smoothed out highs while in comparision ZO2.3 sounds ever so bit more V-shaped.

Oct 20, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #630 of 925
Quote:
The shields for the two are the same, and you're supposed to upload an image while you order, but you can do it afterwards if you want too, as long as they haven't shipped.
The boom mic doesn't come with the current pre-order, they ran out with the last run!  They probably won't have new ones for a few weeks...dunno how much they'll cost though.

The headphone does indeed have two inputs.  The boom mic's cable is also an audio cable though - it has the same TRRS plug the standard mic cable does, with both voice and mic with the same plug.  You'll need a splitter if the source has two ports for 

Thanks. I should buy lp2 shields for m100. But could you explain what image I need to download? Is it my simple image which I found or I need to download image in photoshop form whicn taken from v-moda site? I was read that some people send their images to customs@v-moda.com after ordering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back