V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 26, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #17,296 of 23,366
  Yay! My package arrived. The pads are incredible, very comfortable and the different acoustics improve the sound by my tastes. I use these headphones ALOT, every day for several hours, and my ears were too big for the previous pads so this was an enormous improvement for me. There is an added punchyness for the upper bass range and the sub-bass is less "rumbly" feeling, which was slightly uncomfortable over long periods of time before the XL pads. The highs feel a little brighter and the mids a tad less recessed now. Also, the soundstage feels quite larger, and the pads isolate sound a tad less than the previous ones. I like the new sound alot, and the comfort is a world apart from the previous pads, for me.

I got new shields to boot, and this time I've made a very complicated, dithered, double sided design for them. I chose aqua blue, but it wasn't available, so I went for the darker blue which turned out to look WAY better than the aqua blue by my tastes. I should note that my M-100's are white, yet my XL pads are black, and I was afraid this might clash in the beginning, but it turned out to look incredible with my new shields. Check it:

Close up of the shield design:

Right side:

Left side:

I also got the new Boom Mic and the free Faders, which I would like to add are surprisingly high quality, and do a very good job of blocking sound. I'm going to start using them at the range :)

I play online games and have a really crappy microphone at home, and use my default laptop microphone when I'm playing at my base, so the new Boom Mic I got will replace those. Very happy about that.

I'm very satisfied with all this new stuff, I even recommended my M-100's to a good friend of mine, and he bought them when he was in Hong Kong. He got the default Shadow ones so I was all showing off the new stuff I got to him.

If only there was an option to buy the case as I lost it on the train :frowning2:

PGX out ;D

We hear the XL pad changes exactly the same way.  Also, those are the best looking shields I have ever seen- amazing job on the design!

Oct 26, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #17,298 of 23,366
You guys that don't have serial numbers shouldn't be that worried. As far as we know there haven't been any fake M100s produced yet and the serial is a sticker after all. I'd be more worried that they were stolen and had the sticker removed so they couldn't be tracked.

Oct 26, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #17,300 of 23,366
You guys that don't have serial numbers shouldn't be that worried. As far as we know there haven't been any fake M100s produced yet and the serial is a sticker after all. I'd be more worried that they were stolen and had the sticker removed so they couldn't be tracked.

True- I recently received a replacement M-100 from V-Moda with no serial #.

Oct 26, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #17,302 of 23,366

I guess what I'm worried about is that mine didn't come with a product registration card, so I can't register at the V-moda website and I worried that it won't be covered by the warranty. Did anyone else receive a M100 without a product registration card?

Oct 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #17,303 of 23,366
  I guess what I'm worried about is that mine didn't come with a product registration card, so I can't register at the V-moda website and I worried that it won't be covered by the warranty. Did anyone else receive a M100 without a product registration card?

Don't they need to be purchased from an authorized dealer for warranty support anyway? Whenever I've dealt with V-MODA support for warranty service, they've required a copy of the original receipt, presumably to verify their legitimate origin.

EDIT: I see Massdrop claims to work directly with manufacturers...Do you have a receipt from V-MODA, then? If so, I'd contact V-MODA to see if they can furnish you with a registration number in exchange for you showing them your receipt.

Oct 27, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #17,306 of 23,366

Yay! My package arrived. The pads are incredible, very comfortable and the different acoustics improve the sound by my tastes. I use these headphones ALOT, every day for several hours, and my ears were too big for the previous pads so this was an enormous improvement for me. There is an added punchyness for the upper bass range and the sub-bass is less "rumbly" feeling, which was slightly uncomfortable over long periods of time before the XL pads. The highs feel a little brighter and the mids a tad less recessed now. Also, the soundstage feels quite larger, and the pads isolate sound a tad less than the previous ones. I like the new sound alot, and the comfort is a world apart from the previous pads, for me.

I got new shields to boot, and this time I've made a very complicated, dithered, double sided design for them. I chose aqua blue, but it wasn't available, so I went for the darker blue which turned out to look WAY better than the aqua blue by my tastes. I should note that my M-100's are white, yet my XL pads are black, and I was afraid this might clash in the beginning, but it turned out to look incredible with my new shields. Check it:

Close up of the shield design:

Right side:

Left side:

I also got the new Boom Mic and the free Faders, which I would like to add are surprisingly high quality, and do a very good job of blocking sound. I'm going to start using them at the range :)

I play online games and have a really crappy microphone at home, and use my default laptop microphone when I'm playing at my base, so the new Boom Mic I got will replace those. Very happy about that.

I'm very satisfied with all this new stuff, I even recommended my M-100's to a good friend of mine, and he bought them when he was in Hong Kong. He got the default Shadow ones so I was all showing off the new stuff I got to him.

If only there was an option to buy the case as I lost it on the train :frowning2:

PGX out ;D

wow that's actually really clever. taking advantage of the shields like that. interesting...

Oct 27, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #17,309 of 23,366
Hi guys,

I wanted to ask two things.

1) I really like this logo http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jDkEBLg9Wj0/UJ54G_pXK4I/AAAAAAAAB74/H9B2QETjtCo/s500/EDD_4993.jpg . Do you know if it's possible download the logo template somewhere?

2) And I wanted to ask you if anyone here uses V-Moda M100 in balanced mode (4 Pin XLR or 3 Pin XLR connector). I never hear about these headphones in balanced mode. Is there a reason?

Oct 27, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #17,310 of 23,366
Hi guys,

I wanted to ask two things.

1) I really like this logo http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jDkEBLg9Wj0/UJ54G_pXK4I/AAAAAAAAB74/H9B2QETjtCo/s500/EDD_4993.jpg . Do you know if it's possible download the logo template somewhere?

2) And I wanted to ask you if anyone here uses V-Moda M100 in balanced mode (4 Pin XLR or 3 Pin XLR connector). I never hear about these headphones in balanced mode. Is there a reason?

Can't say anything for your first question. I don't know where that logo came from. However for the second... These aren't balanced headphones, nor do they have a balanced "mode." They have stereo input, output. but not two inputs at the same time (in other words you can daisy chain). 

There probably have been very few people to mod their M-100s for balanced input. It is a hardwire only solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back