V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 25, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #17,281 of 23,366
I went to the store the next day, they don't offer outright replacement and I don't understand why. They told me to contact the distributor here in Singapore instead. Too inconvenient as it is only open during weekdays, which mean I need to apply for leave at work also. I tried to contact V-Moda support online but they also told me to contact V-Moda China if I want a replacement. Is this really their policy or has anyone experience the same?

Just fill up the warranty form in V-Moda's website. They will give you instructions. I had mine shipped from Malaysia directly to their HQ in LA.

Oct 26, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #17,282 of 23,366
Just fill up the warranty form in V-Moda's website. They will give you instructions. I had mine shipped from Malaysia directly to their HQ in LA.

Thanks TJ. Seems like I have no choice but to send it back to V-Moda. But lesson learned, when buying at the store esp for items that are so called "controlled" as there are fake items out there, open it right away, inspect and test. Ask how to claim warranty, replacement and return policy too.

Oct 26, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #17,283 of 23,366
Hey, I'm worried that I might have gotten a fake m100 b/c I don't think my vmoda came with a registration code. Is there any way to check if it's real? Thanks

Oct 26, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #17,284 of 23,366
I believed credit should be given when it is due. Great Job V-Moda on releasing the XL pads to addressing comfort issue and thank you for taking into consideration of our comments and ideas . Well done Val .

To sum it all up not much changes in terms of sound quality apart from what have been mentioned here . Sounded a ted bit airy ... and I mean just a slight bit which to me is ignorable . Which can be a good or bad depends on personal preference . I personally think its a plus.

Also would like to thank miceblue for the youtube video and comments .

Cheers.

Oct 26, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #17,286 of 23,366
  I went to the store the next day, they don't offer outright replacement and I don't understand why. They told me to contact the distributor here in Singapore instead. Too inconvenient as it is only open during weekdays, which mean I need to apply for leave at work also. I tried to contact V-Moda support online but they also told me to contact V-Moda China if I want a replacement. Is this really their policy or has anyone experience the same?

So they don't allow returns period?  I would probably avoid shopping there in the future.  I would also send the details of your experience to V-MODA so that they are aware of the practices of their dealers.  

Oct 26, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #17,289 of 23,366
Yay! My package arrived. The pads are incredible, very comfortable and the different acoustics improve the sound by my tastes. I use these headphones ALOT, every day for several hours, and my ears were too big for the previous pads so this was an enormous improvement for me. There is an added punchyness for the upper bass range and the sub-bass is less "rumbly" feeling, which was slightly uncomfortable over long periods of time before the XL pads. The highs feel a little brighter and the mids a tad less recessed now. Also, the soundstage feels quite larger, and the pads isolate sound a tad less than the previous ones. I like the new sound alot, and the comfort is a world apart from the previous pads, for me.

I got new shields to boot, and this time I've made a very complicated, dithered, double sided design for them. I chose aqua blue, but it wasn't available, so I went for the darker blue which turned out to look WAY better than the aqua blue by my tastes. I should note that my M-100's are white, yet my XL pads are black, and I was afraid this might clash in the beginning, but it turned out to look incredible with my new shields. Check it:

Close up of the shield design:

Right side:

Left side:

I also got the new Boom Mic and the free Faders, which I would like to add are surprisingly high quality, and do a very good job of blocking sound. I'm going to start using them at the range :)

I play online games and have a really crappy microphone at home, and use my default laptop microphone when I'm playing at my base, so the new Boom Mic I got will replace those. Very happy about that.

I'm very satisfied with all this new stuff, I even recommended my M-100's to a good friend of mine, and he bought them when he was in Hong Kong. He got the default Shadow ones so I was all showing off the new stuff I got to him.

If only there was an option to buy the case as I lost it on the train :frowning2:

PGX out ;D

Oct 26, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #17,290 of 23,366
  So they don't allow returns period?  I would probably avoid shopping there in the future.  I would also send the details of your experience to V-MODA so that they are aware of the practices of their dealers.  

yea lol. In Asia, most stores do NOT allow return for anything. just different shopping practices.

Oct 26, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #17,291 of 23,366
Did the place where you got it happen to send it in a Casio box?
Anyway, there's a SN sticker on the inner side of the headband, above the left cup.

It didn't come with a  product registration card. Could you elaborate on that SN sticker on the inner side of the headband? I don't see it on mine :frowning2:

Oct 26, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #17,293 of 23,366
On the inside of the headband, above the left cup, there should be an L and text that says crossfade M-100. Above that should be a silver sticker that has the SN.

lol... it's totally not there....

So the fact I don't have a sticker with the SN, a product registration card, and I got it from a 3rd party on Amazon (totally didn't realize that until now)... probably means I have a fake right? I guess the price of $269 was too good to be true lol.

:frowning2: sadness.

Oct 26, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #17,294 of 23,366
lol... it's totally not there....

So the fact I don't have a sticker with the SN, a product registration card, and I got it from a 3rd party on Amazon (totally didn't realize that until now)... probably means I have a fake right? I guess the price of $269 was too good to be true lol.

:frowning2: sadness.

That isn't sounding too good. What did it come in?

Also Amazon.ca had them for $190 at one point. Don't know about other Amazons though.

Oct 26, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #17,295 of 23,366
^ I don't know, the M-100 achieves a pretty special balance of bass and tightness. FWIR the Monster Turbines are a nicely warm IEM of good head-fi reputation, not the same signature but probably good for your taste, and you can also read Joker's IEM reviews to see if you like one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back