V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 23, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #16,682 of 23,366

off topic but i'm just curious why do people like working out with "headphones" not iems or ear buds but earphones?

i see mostly ppl wearing beats and skullcandy at my gym. can't imagine working out with them on, i have my on ear noontecs in the summer with the hot weather (not even moving, my ears are sweating and it gets really uncomfortable)

if your working out your sweating so much, the headband, earpads must get drenched.... why not use iems? Aside from sound quality i just find iems more practical while working out

why do you think people work out with headphones (especially the m-100, if i had a pair, i would be babying them so much, not sweating on them, especially not working out in them) too afraid of them falling off especially while on the treadmill)

When I am at the gym, I want to not only hear the music but want to feel it vibrate my kidneys and my LP's do that with ease regardless of the genre of music I am listening to ( I am big into this track right now:  Stefan Biniak - The Read All About It Bootleg ).  Secondly they are extremely comfortable, whether I am at the gym for an hour or 2 hours, no comfort issues.  And lastly, I tend to see anywhere from 3 to 4 or more people I know at the gym everytime I am there.  With earbuds, it is common for one or more to come on over and stop to talk, even when I am in the middle of a set.  With the LP's, all I get is a hand wave - MUCH PREFERRED!!!  Allows me to continue my workout as I am there to lift, not chat.

Sep 23, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #16,684 of 23,366
Baa..... Where's my shipping notice lol. I think I ordered them the same day they were announced, but I did order custom shields at the same time so guess it depends if they made them ready for me or are only engraving them now.

I've got to wait for international shipping too, glad I paid a bit extra so everything comes faster.

ETA: Scrub that, my order has been despatched! Now just the 6-10 business days to arrive!

Sep 23, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #16,685 of 23,366
  When I am at the gym, I want to not only hear the music but want to feel it vibrate my kidneys and my LP's do that with ease regardless of the genre of music I am listening to ( I am big into this track right now:  Stefan Biniak - The Read All About It Bootleg ).  Secondly they are extremely comfortable, whether I am at the gym for an hour or 2 hours, no comfort issues.  And lastly, I tend to see anywhere from 3 to 4 or more people I know at the gym everytime I am there.  With earbuds, it is common for one or more to come on over and stop to talk, even when I am in the middle of a set.  With the LP's, all I get is a hand wave - MUCH PREFERRED!!!  Allows me to continue my workout as I am there to lift, not chat.

On the negative side, the pads get all sweaty and gross
frown.gif

Silicon tips can be washed easily, but I don't know about pleather.

Sep 23, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #16,687 of 23,366
  On the negative side, the pads get all sweaty and gross
frown.gif

Silicon tips can be washed easily, but I don't know about pleather.

i agree! thats why i don't like buying used headphones!!! lolll but all jokes aside. yea nasty sweat on pleather, u can wipe that off but what about the headband?! it just sucks it all up like a ordinary car seat

i'll stick with iems! i use only cheap ones that i won't cry when they broke or get caught when i'm lifting!

too much to worry about when working out

Sep 23, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #16,688 of 23,366
So I just got the email that my XL Pads have shipped. Hopefully I'll be able to provide impressions soon!

Sep 23, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #16,689 of 23,366
  So I just got the email that my XL Pads have shipped. Hopefully I'll be able to provide impressions soon!

Nice!  Hopefully I will get mine soon too.

Sep 23, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #16,690 of 23,366
I know the answer is somewhere in this thread, but it's too much to go back and search the entire thing!

I'm just looking for a shorter AUX cable that work for the M-100.

What have people ordered and what works for the M-100?

Thanks!

Sep 24, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #16,691 of 23,366

+1 exactly !!

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #16,693 of 23,366
I still haven't received a shipping notification for my XL pads. What's up with that? I was one of the first people to order them.
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back