V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 20, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #16,652 of 23,366

The E17 will be great, then. It's a little tricky getting it to play nicely with Windows 7, but it's leaps and bounds over my on board sound card and it synergizes well with the M-100.

What about usability with Windows 8?

It should work fine. Windows 8's audio settings are the same, or really close, to that of Windows 7.

Just plug-in the E17 to your computer's USB port and it should install the drivers automatically.

Then right-click on the speaker icon in the Taskbar, Playback devices, find the E17 in the list (it's called Speakers - USB Audio DAC for the E7) and right-click on its icon, Properties, Advanced tab, select the highest resolution from the drop-down menu, check both the exclusive access options, apply, OK, OK.

Sep 21, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #16,656 of 23,366
  Any news about the XS or we have to wait until CanJam?

The what now? 
confused.gif

Sep 21, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #16,660 of 23,366
Just found the mentions:

Again, sorry about fast typing but I am finishing XS and more products right now, you'll see it in a few weeks... It is not an over ear or an amp, but every V-MODA product has the same care and love by all.

ROADMAP
V-MODA has an uber-flagship that has been in development for 9+ years and a new IEM coming out in 2014... Plus I own every version of our headphones wireless (I hate them all). Truly.. prove me wrong I've tried every chipset on the planet and they all ___ long term.

M-100 and "XS" are the versatile models that will fit 95% of the market's needs.  But I am doubling down on analog as always with crazy products like VAMP VERZA.

As Oakenfold once told me when I was on Madonna's tour - that's how we roll!!! 

So I suppose an in-ear isn't out of the running. I'd be curious to find out if the "XS" is the new IEM due in 2014, or if it's a separate product. My guess is it's separate, since Val says the XS is already near completion, but the wording does make it a bit unclear.

Sep 21, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #16,661 of 23,366
Anyday now i'll order the xl-pads, along with a pair of new shilds and the boom mic :D

I just come to wonder how the xl-pads will change the sonic preference of the M100s.
Like how will it affect the soundstage? Maybe the soundstage will get deeper and not just very wide like the current. Maybe the bass will get very boomy and make the M100s loose clarity?

What do you guys think?

Sep 21, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #16,662 of 23,366
 Anyday now i'll order the xl-pads, along with a pair of new shilds and the boom mic :D

I just come to wonder how the xl-pads will change the sonic preference of the M100s.
Like how will it affect the soundstage? Maybe the soundstage will get deeper and not just very wide like the current. Maybe the bass will get very boomy and make the M100s loose clarity?

What do you guys think?

I think you'll have to wait and see after people start getting them. There's absolutely no way of knowing how much and in what ways the sound will change.

Sep 21, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #16,664 of 23,366

What do you guys think?

I suppose we won't know until we hear them, but it seems that Val put a great deal of time into developing a more comfortable earpad that would have minimal impact on the sound of the M-100 compared with the stock pads.

Sep 21, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #16,665 of 23,366
I suppose we won't know until we hear them, but it seems that Val put a great deal of time into developing a more comfortable earpad that would have minimal impact on the sound of the M-100 compared with the stock pads.

I do remember some post from Val in the past describing different materials/dimensions and how they all affected sound in various ways. I assume him trying the various types is to try and maintain the original pad sound as much as possible, but we will find out for sure soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back