V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 29, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #16,396 of 23,366
Quote:
Can anyone convince me to buy these with the new XL pads in black (Matte Black + Black Pads)? Should I wait for white instead (White + White Pads)?

Are there any coupon codes or alternate purchasing options I can use to bring down the cost? Would Ibe able to have them match the $299.99 price on Amazon as well as use a coupon code? Would I be able to do that and still get an engraving?

I'm on the edge of getting these.. But idk yet..

White pads seems unlikely at this point. Best is to check with V-Moda customer support if they have plans to produce in the future. 

For alternate purchasing option, I just checked the Sponsor Announcement & Deals, www.acgears.com is having 10% labour day sale with a coupon code 'labor13' and free shipping over $75. So you can use the savings for XL pads. I think engraving is free when you buy a new pair?

Aug 29, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #16,397 of 23,366
Ok I am posting this again for anyone interested in the NuForce Transcuent cable.

Sound wise it is pretty much the same.

Aug 29, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #16,398 of 23,366
Can anyone convince me to buy these with the new XL pads in black (Matte Black + Black Pads)? Should I wait for white instead (White + White Pads)?

A V-MODA rep told me colours other than black aren't available "at this time". I imagine that Val wants to see just how many people actually buy them and if there is a genuinely high demand, he'll add the other colours. I understand they are more expensive to manufacture than expected, so it makes sense that he wants to ensure they're worth the investment.

I have white M-100s btw and have ordered the XL pads along with a black cable and engraved matte black shields. Hoping it will look good!

Aug 29, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #16,399 of 23,366
Quote:
Bigger level, as in to stretch them bigger/wider than you should stretch them to fit. Meaning, you'll have a slightly loose-fit for a few days or two, before you and the headphones start to adjust to fit comfortably.

Like my one

Oh right. Well i have left them overnight lengthwise on the box they came in which is slightly bigger than the width of my head, but ill try something even wider tonight. When I lay down my headphones like yours, the two earpads still touch.

Aug 29, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #16,400 of 23,366
Quote:
Oh right. Well i have left them overnight lengthwise on the box they came in which is slightly bigger than the width of my head, but ill try something even wider tonight. When I lay down my headphones like yours, the two earpads still touch.

When you widen the headphones, I would recommend using your hands and actually flexing the band down, to stretch it out, as opposed to the slow-paced version, where you place it over an object. 

Aug 29, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #16,401 of 23,366
The question that no one can answer yet is whether the XLs will be a pleasant change from the standard pads for people who find the latter comfortable already. 

Since I have no problem with the comfort of the standard pads, I'll be curious to see whether the XLs are even more comfortable for users like me or if they'll simply feel too large. 

That's what's held me back from preordering the XLs. I thought I'd let others who truly needed them beta-test them first.

Aug 29, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #16,402 of 23,366
Quote:
The question that no one can answer yet is whether the XLs will be a pleasant change from the standard pads for people who find the latter comfortable already. 

Since I have no problem with the comfort of the standard pads, I'll be curious to see whether the XLs are even more comfortable for users like me or if they'll simply feel too large. 

That's what's held me back from preordering the XLs. I thought I'd let others who truly needed them beta-test them first.

Last time when I beat CoD MW3 in 8 hours straight with my M-100, it started to hurt a bit by hour 6, so this time when OP2 and XL pads comes out, I will be able to tell you for sure.

Aug 29, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #16,403 of 23,366
Hey guys, have been using my m100 for about 5 days now, it was very uncomfortable, my ears were sore just right after 5 minutes, do you guys think getting the XL pads would be much better? I have stretched the headphone until its most! Now its very loosen up when it's around 7 notch high each, but it still hurts after 5 minutes. I really want to get the XL pads but its black! It doesn't match the white M100s I am having, thus it includes a free Faders VIP, is it a really a good earphone?

Aug 29, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #16,404 of 23,366
Quote:
No - I remember seeing that V-MODA has a policy on their site saying they will match any lower price on their products - I was asking if I could combine that policy with a discount code or the like. 

In my experience, when price matching is used, any other "double dip" discount would go out the window which is understandable from the retailer's perspective as they are in business to make a profit.

Aug 29, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #16,405 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey guys, have been using my m100 for about 5 days now, it was very uncomfortable, my ears were sore just right after 5 minutes, do you guys think getting the XL pads would be much better? I have stretched the headphone until its most! Now its very loosen up when it's around 7 notch high each, but it still hurts after 5 minutes. I really want to get the XL pads but its black! It doesn't match the white M100s I am having, thus it includes a free Faders VIP, is it a really a good earphone?

None of us really know. I'd like to say "yes" but that is just a guess based on the looks of the pads and my subjective experience.

Also the Fader VIPs aren't headphones at all, they are tuned earplugs. Meaning they attenuate the more damaging frequencies at concerts than others [like the extremely harsh highs]. 

Aug 29, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #16,408 of 23,366
Did it like a thousand times, bended it until the padding was seeing as if it was trying to come out

Strange..
Then why are some of us able to get the headphones stretched in under 10 backwards bends?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back