V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 28, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #16,381 of 23,366
Aug 28, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #16,382 of 23,366
I haven't checked at most of the recent messages on this thread for a bit, so I was wondering: Has Val talked abut any other colors for the XL Memory pads? I would very much prefer a white M-100.. But if there will never be a white set of XL pads, I'd have to settle on a matte black for my second M-100 attempt. 

Aug 28, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #16,383 of 23,366
Quote:
I haven't checked at most of the recent messages on this thread for a bit, so I was wondering: Has Val talked abut any other colors for the XL Memory pads? I would very much prefer a white M-100.. But if there will never be a white set of XL pads, I'd have to settle on a matte black for my second M-100 attempt. 

Nope, and at this point I am not counting on it.

Aug 28, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #16,384 of 23,366
I don't know if anyone noticed an update on the XL pads on the V-Moda website,

http://v-moda.com/xl-memory-cushions/

~ Now ships in 3-4 weeks
~ A set of two cushions
~ Actual size and specs

Excited :)

Good call! (At least there's progress, evenif only a superficial one). And for the price, i'd hope they're selling me TWO cushions!!

Has anyone gone though the exchange process? How long does it usually take?

Takes about 1-2 weeks.

The way i read it, glasses was asking about how long it takes to change the pads(?). I truly hope it takes less than a week or two.

P.s. the updated page seems to say that the xl's are black only.

Aug 28, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #16,386 of 23,366
Wonder how hot the XL pads get, due to the smooth surfaces it looks like there's little room for any breathing. :p At least that's my experiences with other extremely smooth pads.

Aug 28, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #16,387 of 23,366
Quote:
It always baffles me why anyone would honestly thinks that the Momentum can be more comfortable than the M-100 when 1, it has a smaller ear pads with even smaller inner dimensions; 2, cloth instead of leather for the inner piece; 3, M-100 hand band can be bended over much more than the Momentum; 4, XL pad is out for the M-100.

Don't get me wrong, I think m-100 is a really great headphone, In fact I keeped both momentum and m-100. But for me comfort-wise momentum wins hands down. Even without bending momentum clamp much less, pads are really soft like ear cushions and the internal cloth padding keep the ears fresh.  When XL pads will be out and available also on amazon, I think I will definitely try them

Aug 28, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #16,388 of 23,366
Can anyone convince me to buy these with the new XL pads in black (Matte Black + Black Pads)? Should I wait for white instead (White + White Pads)?

Are there any coupon codes or alternate purchasing options I can use to bring down the cost? Would Ibe able to have them match the $299.99 price on Amazon as well as use a coupon code? Would I be able to do that and still get an engraving?

I'm on the edge of getting these.. But idk yet..

Aug 29, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #16,389 of 23,366
Quote:
Can anyone convince me to buy these with the new XL pads in black (Matte Black + Black Pads)? Should I wait for white instead (White + White Pads)?

Are there any coupon codes or alternate purchasing options I can use to bring down the cost? Would Ibe able to have them match the $299.99 price on Amazon as well as use a coupon code? Would I be able to do that and still get an engraving?

I'm on the edge of getting these.. But idk yet..

Doubtful. Manufacturers sell their product at full MSRP so as not to step on their dealers' toes. If they sold it at the same price, a lot of people would buy right from the manufacturer and that would screw over dealers (at least that's how its been explained to me in the past). For that reason I doubt they'd budge with their price.

Aug 29, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #16,390 of 23,366
i have a question about the nuforce cable. does it change the sound of the m100 and in what way? i find the cable included with the m100 very irritating
http://www.amazon.co.uk/NuForce-Stereo-3-5mm-Transient-Cable/dp/B00AZ7XVZO/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_1
and does someone have the red cable? can i see a picture of it what it looks like with the m100.
and does it boost the sound with mobile devices?

Aug 29, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #16,391 of 23,366
Quote:
Doubtful. Manufacturers sell their product at full MSRP so as not to step on their dealers' toes. If they sold it at the same price, a lot of people would buy right from the manufacturer and that would screw over dealers (at least that's how its been explained to me in the past). For that reason I doubt they'd budge with their price.

No - I remember seeing that V-MODA has a policy on their site saying they will match any lower price on their products - I was asking if I could combine that policy with a discount code or the like. 

Aug 29, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #16,392 of 23,366
Quote:
It always baffles me why anyone would honestly thinks that the Momentum can be more comfortable than the M-100 when 1, it has a smaller ear pads with even smaller inner dimensions; 2, cloth instead of leather for the inner piece; 3, M-100 hand band can be bended over much more than the Momentum; 4, XL pad is out for the M-100.

Why not? Even if the Momentum's earpads come in contact with the ear, they are much lighter, the clamping force isnt as bad, and the leather earpads are more comfortable.

I just received my M-100s a week ago, and I am struggling to make them comfortable. The clamping force is like a vice grip on my head. I have managed to loosen it up a little bit by stretching out and twisting the headband 50+ times, as well as stretching them over a box for 4 consecutive nights. Still not good enough though. The earpads cause soreness and redness after about 15 minutes of use unless I adjust them constantly, however I think if i can reduce the clamping force, this will be less of a problem.

However, I read in one review that it takes up to 2 weeks to fully break in the M-100, so I'll stay patient until then.

Aug 29, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #16,393 of 23,366
Why not? Even if the Momentum's earpads come in contact with the ear, they are much lighter, the clamping force isnt as bad, and the leather earpads are more comfortable.

I just received my M-100s a week ago, and I am struggling to make them comfortable. The clamping force is like a vice grip on my head. I have managed to loosen it up a little bit by stretching out and twisting the headband 50+ times, as well as stretching them over a box for 4 consecutive nights. Still not good enough though. The earpads cause soreness and redness after about 15 minutes of use unless I adjust them constantly, however I think if i can reduce the clamping force, this will be less of a problem.

However, I read in one review that it takes up to 2 weeks to fully break in the M-100, so I'll stay patient until then.

And have you ever attempted to stretch the headband to a bigger level?

I did that to my pair to get a bigger space, in which it will shrink lightly over a few days to provide a better comfort.

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #16,395 of 23,366
Quote:
Yes. Its written there in my initial post.

Bigger level, as in to stretch them bigger/wider than you should stretch them to fit. Meaning, you'll have a slightly loose-fit for a few days or two, before you and the headphones start to adjust to fit comfortably.

Like my one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back