V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 31, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #15,767 of 23,366
It's actually a tough call and comes down to personal taste.  I pefer the M80's vocal presentation and clarity, but was surprised in a good way by the DNA.   Most Radio Shacks have the M80 for demo and they are on clearance around $130.
I listin mostly to rock and i like a slightly bigger bass. Nothing close to beats bass but a tad bit bigger than normal. Based on that which would you recomend?

Jul 31, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #15,768 of 23,366
Quote:
I listin mostly to rock and i like a slightly bigger bass. Nothing close to beats bass but a tad bit bigger than normal. Based on that which would you recomend?

The M80 then.  The bass is sooo good on the DNA if you prefer that sound sig, but that would be mostly reserved for hip hop, r&b and dub step.  I've had both at one time or another and I just liked how sensitive the DNA was when plugged directly into a source.  The V-MODA needed a little more volume to push it whereas the DNA had plenty to spare.  Both are fantastic, but the DNAs bass is probably a touch too slow for rock music.

Jul 31, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #15,769 of 23,366
Quote:

The M80 then.  The bass is sooo good on the DNA if you prefer that sound sig, but that would be mostly reserved for hip hop, r&b and dub step.  I've had both at one time or another and I just liked how sensitive the DNA was when plugged directly into a source.  The V-MODA needed a little more volume to push it whereas the DNA had plenty to spare.  Both are fantastic, but the DNAs bass is probably a touch too slow for rock music.

+1

Jul 31, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #15,771 of 23,366
For anyone interested, here are a few pics of the M-100 Matte Black w/ Midnight Blue Shields.  I think they look really good, but also love the matte black, so I will be switching them around from time to time.

Aug 1, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #15,775 of 23,366
I got my Sony MDR-1RBT yesterday, I am still getting used to them and to be honest, the first impression was disappointing a little bit, but I am learning to love them more and more. I should have already listened to them like 7h on them right now and... dang, these things are comfortable. What surprised me more was the bass punch. I wasn't expecting such high bass boost. They are completely different than the M-100, but I think I won't regret the change.

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #15,776 of 23,366
Quote:
I got my Sony MDR-1RBT yesterday, I am still getting used to them and to be honest, the first impression was disappointing a little bit, but I am learning to love them more and more. I should have already listened to them like 7h on them right now and... dang, these things are comfortable. What surprised me more was the bass punch. I wasn't expecting such high bass boost. They are completely different than the M-100, but I think I won't regret the change.

Personally, I wasn't that impressed with the 1RBT.  The standard 1R though, is a different story.  The 1RNC is a good NC headphone.  Not the best sound otherwise, and WAY too expensive.  

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #15,777 of 23,366
Personally, I wasn't that impressed with the 1RBT.  The standard 1R though, is a different story.  The 1RNC is a good NC headphone.  Not the best sound otherwise, and WAY too expensive.  

There's definitely a difference with the v-moda but at least I can wear them more than 15 min, and they are wireless, which is an extra. I still want to audition the mdr-1r thought. If they are good, I'll get those as well.

For home I have other stuff, but these are a great portable.

Aug 1, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #15,778 of 23,366
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
There's definitely a difference with the v-moda but at least I can wear them more than 15 min, and they are wireless, which is an extra. I still want to audition the mdr-1r thought. If they are good, I'll get those as well.

For home I have other stuff, but these are a great portable.

Seriously, read this and watch the YouTube vid.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/solid-sony-mdr-1r-mdr-1rbt-and-mdr-1nc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back