V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 12, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #15,481 of 23,366
Quote:
From what val said they'd be both bigger and deeper

That's what she said...

EDIT: Guess I should have read the picture...
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #15,482 of 23,366
For them to fit me they would need to be about 2x as deep, but the circumference of them was OK. I don't think that is the problem, it is the depth that they need to improve, I think deeper pads might actually improve the sound as well.

Jul 13, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #15,485 of 23,366
One of my hinges on my m100 doesn't click. It affect sound or functionality, just wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if there is a fix

Jul 13, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #15,486 of 23,366
One of my hinges on my m100 doesn't click. It affect sound or functionality, just wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if there is a fix
I've had this happen. It doesnt affect sound or functionality. If you want to fix it, you can tighten the hex bolts that are on the inside of the hinge in question. I used a needle nose plier to do the trick

Jul 13, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #15,487 of 23,366
Ahh thanks. Sorry, that was a typo, meant to say it DOESN'T affect sound or functionality. 

Not a big deal if it can be easily remedied. 

Jul 13, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #15,488 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey Evshrug, looking forward to seeing that video.

You asked for it, LOL!
I really shouldn't say "a quick unboxing review," because the first part clocked in at 8 minutes. I'll upload the next part once I get back from work, but here's the first:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_4Hq2QH9Jw

I hope you guys find humor and enjoyment in my humor and enjoyment of opening these. Sound review to come, AFTER I hear a bunch of good songs through them :wink:
I will add, that after, oh, somewhere in 2-3 hours, my ears did start hurting and the pads felt "hard," but to the fingers they were still soft (but warm and kinda moist). Comfort was definitely better with the pads resting on the outer rim of my ear to pin it back a bit, if I let my ear inside then it would touch against the driver enclosure. Adjusting the position helped, as did short breaks. Tom Clancy's "Splinter Cell: Conviction" sounded cool, though I was reminded how echo-ey Dolby Headphone can be processing surround (though it did sound "surround"), because the M-100s seem to be surprisingly detailed. Definitely $300 headphones, definitely a different league from Bose (which we have and use at work) and Beats (also have, though I avoid).

Jul 13, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #15,490 of 23,366
Quote:
Evshrug, just watched your part 1 unboxing vid, nice work. Great color choice with the matte black. Looking forward to seeing part 2.

Oh awesome, just saw this post. The matte black is awesome, really looks stealthy, though I like the option to add the flair of the coppery-orange shields. When I do my sound review, I'll have the orange shields on :)
Btw, teaser for part two (which picks up right where the last left off), the headphones did survive falling onto my concrete porch with no visible scratches :)

Jul 13, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #15,492 of 23,366
What's going on with your posts in this thread, Nicholars?  You seem to delete a lot of your previous comments.

I've seen your other posts in the Momentum thread and many of them are constructive. I get the impression you don't intend to troll. 

Unfortunately, your reactions to what you perceive to be others' negative reactions have sometimes set you up for unnecessary altercations in the past. 

Don't despair and don't bother commenting on whatever you perceive to be the emotional content of others' responses. 

Here's something to try:  Anticipate good will instead of acrimony.

Jul 14, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #15,493 of 23,366
Quote:
What's going on with your posts in this thread, Nicholars?  You seem to delete a lot of your previous comments.

I've seen your other posts in the Momentum thread and many of them are constructive. I get the impression you don't intend to troll. 

Unfortunately, your reactions to what you perceive to be others' negative reactions have sometimes set you up for unnecessary altercations in the past. 

Don't despair and don't bother commenting on whatever you perceive to be the emotional content of others' responses. 

Here's something to try:  Anticipate good will instead of acrimony.

He's been trolling frequenting the X1 thread too...not sure what the point is really.  He def likes to argue I've noticed.

Jul 14, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #15,494 of 23,366
Quote:
Has anyone had a chance to compare the fiio e12 and JDS Labs C5 with the m-100?

Mhmm I have.

If you had to decide between the 2, the C5 offers a larger soundstage, better instrument separation, cleaner overall sound, more detailed and textured, more forward midrange no channel imbalance, and a deeper bass boost.

E12 on the other hand seems brighter than the C5, its soundstage is more congested, and the midrange is warmer and more laid back.

Jul 14, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #15,495 of 23,366
I just spent some serious time with the M-100/C5 combo on a long plane ride. Probably put in four to five hours on the plane and another couple while laying poolside. Very very enjoyable. I cannot compare to the E12 having not heard it but the M-100/C5 combo was a blast. Bass rattling if you so desire but just plain fun. Both the amp and the V-MODAs are new to me but I was very pleased with the quality. My point of reference is my PC system which has an ASUS STX sound card that is usually coupled with a pair of Grado PS500s and some Grado GR-8s I use for portables. Source unit is an iPod Classic (5.5 gen) on the portable side. All the headphones sound better from the C5 and the M-100s sound really good. Bass is controlled, highs are not harsh, mids didn't seem overly recessed as others have mentioned but perhaps could be more prominent. Will spend some more time with them and gladly so. Another bonus is I did not find the V-MODAs uncomfortable at all. Was worried about all I've read but couldn't be happier. I know it's real for some but I guess I'm lucky in that regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back