V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 12, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #15,452 of 23,366
As an initial impression, how would you say the sound compares to your expectation?

To sum up, I thought/slightly feared that it would be TOO bassy, yet the experience is like the perfect dark-chocolate that isn't too bitter or painfully sweet. I thought it would sound closer to the LPs, but they're somehow both fun AND detailed, very happy listening to them :)

I tried to connect my E12, but my FiiO short interconnect recently went missing (I had one, but when I sold my AD700 + E5 + Recon3D USB gaming bundle, I thought it would be the right thing to do to include the interconnect). When I plugged my Shareplay into the iPod LOD (FiiO L11) and the regular one button mic cable into the E12, the coiled up Shareplay cable created a magnet and a lot of interference. Anyone know where I can find a inexpensive & short interconnect? Or should I just order another from FiiO?

DrGonzo,
Okay, I'll post it, and I'll try to merge the two clips together first. I'll submit it to YouTube either this morning or tomorrow. It may or may not be as funny as my LP review, I didn't blast my ears this time, LOL!

Jul 12, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #15,454 of 23,366
Jul 12, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #15,456 of 23,366
Quote:
Looks like a really high quality cable for $6.  I thought Evshrug was looking for an LOD though?

It is a good cable, as I have one of their older version for my NuForce Mobile.  I wasn't sure what s/he meant either, but a good quality LOD for cheap is hard to find.

Jul 12, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #15,457 of 23,366
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?index=0&sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=271192397404

It is a good cable, as I have one of their older version for my NuForce Mobile.  I wasn't sure what s/he meant either, but a good quality LOD for cheap is hard to find.

Hopefully 16 bucks isn't too expensive.

Jul 12, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #15,458 of 23,366
Quote:
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?index=0&sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=271192397404
Hopefully 16 bucks isn't too expensive.

You got a different link?  Can't get pass the company's firewall...

Jul 12, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #15,459 of 23,366
You got a different link?  Can't get pass the company's firewall...

Ahh...that sucks. Are you running Firefox? If so, download the plugin "Anonymox" and that should grant you proxy access to all sites:)

If not, I guess you'll have to wait until you get home, haha.

Jul 12, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #15,460 of 23,366
I really want to like these headphones, but they just get really uncomfortable after about 1-2 hours. Idk if I'm wearing them wrong or what, were these designed to have the ears go in the earcups completely or are they supposed to be more an "on-ear" type. I know they're listed as "over-ear" but seriously, the inside of the cups are so small i don't get how anyones ears could fit inside those.

Jul 12, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #15,461 of 23,366
Quote:
I really want to like these headphones, but they just get really uncomfortable after about 1-2 hours. Idk if I'm wearing them wrong or what, were these designed to have the hear go in the earcups completely or are they supposed to be more an "on-ear" type. I know they're listed as "over-ear" but seriously, the inside of the cups are so small i don't get how anyones ears could fit inside those.

Don't be afraid to bend the head band backwards to lessing the clamping force, plus the XL pads are coming so there is still hope.

Jul 12, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #15,462 of 23,366
Don't be afraid to bend the head band backwards to lessing the clamping force, plus the XL pads are coming so there is still hope.

Definitely helps a bit, thanks for the tip. Wish we could see the new pads already. I'm definitely not a large person (5' 8" 140 lbs) and consider myself to have a pretty small head/ears and my ears come no where close to fitting inside these things. The top headband also starts to hurt after awhile. It's just all-around pain in both the ears and headband.

Jul 12, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #15,463 of 23,366
Definitely helps a bit, thanks for the tip. Wish we could see the new pads already. I'm definitely not a large person (5' 8" 140 lbs) and consider myself to have a pretty small head/ears and my ears come no where close to fitting inside these things. The top headband also starts to hurt after awhile. It's just all-around pain in both the ears and headband.

Not much of a correlation; I'm smaller than you (5'6" 125 lbs) and I have a relatively big head/ears lol  
Extending the headband a bit might help if you feel pressure on top of your head. Also try putting a box (or stack of books etc) slightly wider than your head in between the earcups overnight. After a few nights the clamp should be slightly better.

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #15,464 of 23,366
This idea just hit me: try to have a bowing ball sit on top of your M-100 between the band.  I think most of the comfort issues with the M-100 comes from the fact that by default the headband shapes more like a V rather than a wide U, so after a while you will start to feel more of the clamping force.  I think creating 2 more banding points 1/4 the way up the band will help a lot, so try to make the top part flat but band on the side to see if this helps.

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #15,465 of 23,366
Plus they always have great photos... I like the one focussed on the orange cord with the burry M-100 in the back best.

Yes, nice photos. The author's daughter did a great job. I might've liked one shot that wasn't super-shallow Depth-of-Field, and not much time was spent neatly arraying the cables, but the photos did a good job of having attention-grabbing style and focusing on feature spots. The review itself was good, I think that it did a good job talking about the other benefits besides the expected great sound, and I also read it as placing the sound signature as warm but not very very bassy and dark away from what people would expect from a headphone (no ridiculous XB500 here, egads!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back