V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 19, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #15,077 of 23,366
Quote:
does anyone know if the v moda m100 come with extra shield on their website if so how many?

They should come with two additional shields of the color, and design, of your choosing.  If you want them blank, include no artwork I believe.  Don't quote me though :wink:  I'd confirm this with V-Moda CS though. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #15,083 of 23,366
Quote:
the farthest point my ear is from my head is about an inch. do you think i will have comfort issues?

I did a rough measurement with my ears, which stick out ~7/8 inches, and I have comfort issues after about an hour or so. Your mileage may vary though. You can always try out V-MODA's 60-day test trial guarantee.

Quote:
thanks miceblue, and tinyman392! also if you choose custom design on it does it go on the extra shields free?

I was browsing V-MODA's website and when you select your own design for the shields, the cost didn't appear to change at all. So yes it looks like the custom engraving is free.
Crossfade M-100 (1. Base Color: White Silver, 2. Extra Shield: Dark Purple, 4a. Your Design: Yes, 4b. Your File: Screen Shot 2013-...)
$310.00

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #15,085 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
I did a rough measurement with my ears, which stick out ~7/8 inches, and I have comfort issues after about an hour or so. Your mileage may vary though. You can always try out V-MODA's 60-day test trial guarantee.

do you think my ears will touch the mesh if so is it uncomfortable.

My ears do at least, and it does get uncomfortable since the metal dome underneath the earpad presses against my ear.

Jun 19, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #15,088 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey what changes color when you change the colors between the white, ,black and, black and red

White silver: chrome silver plastic accents on the earcups, matte finished silver steel yokes, matte finished creme-coloured plastic earcups and wingplate (near the adjustable headband) with silver V-MODA logo, spotted creme-coloured pleather headband, grey headband padding, grey earpads, matte finished silver shields, grey SharePlay cable, grey SpeakEasy cable, white case with red lining

^ that is NOT the correct way to fold the M-100
.....also I just realised the wingplate there; this photo is from the CNET review -.-

Matte black: matte finished black plastic accents on the earcups, matte finished black steel yokes, matte finished black plastic earcups and wingplate with black V-MODA logo, black leather-like pleather headband, black headband padding, black earpads, matte finished black shields, black SharePlay cable, orange SpeakEasy cable, black case with orange lining

Shadow: matte finished black plastic accents on the earcups, matte finished black steel yokes, glossy black plastic earcups and wingplate with red V-MODA logo, black micro-suede fabric headband with red stitching, black headband padding, black earpads, unidirectional brushed shields, red/black SharePlay cable, red/black SpeakEasy cable, black case with red lining

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #15,089 of 23,366
Ok thank you
White silver: chrome silver plastic accents on the earcups, matte finished silver steel yokes, matte finished creme-coloured plastic earcups and wingplate (near the adjustable headband) with silver V-MODA logo, spotted creme-coloured pleather headband, grey headband padding, grey earpads, matte finished silver shields, grey SharePlay cable, grey SpeakEasy cable, white case with red lining

^ that is NOT the correct way to fold the M-100
.....also I just realised the wingplate there; this photo is from the CNET review -.-

Matte black: matte finished black plastic accents on the earcups, matte finished black steel yokes, matte finished black plastic earcups and wingplate with black V-MODA logo, black leather-like pleather headband, black headband padding, black earpads, matte finished black shields, black SharePlay cable, orange SpeakEasy cable, black case with orange lining

Shadow: matte finished black plastic accents on the earcups, matte finished black steel yokes, glossy black plastic earcups and wingplate with red V-MODA logo, black micro-suede fabric headband with red stitching, black headband padding, black earpads, unidirectional brushed shields, red/black SharePlay cable, red/black SpeakEasy cable, black case with red lining

ok thank you very much!!

Jun 20, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #15,090 of 23,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielJohnP 

Originally Posted by miceblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was browsing V-MODA's website and when you select your own design for the shields, the cost didn't appear to change at all. So yes it looks like the custom engraving is free.

I got the custom design on mine, no difference in cost between stock designs. And you get both the stock shields and the extra shields with the design on them. I was surprised, I expected I'd have to pay extra :-D

And as for the amp stuff, thanks. Yeah, clipping was exactly what I was trying to explain. But the rest of what you said makes sense and I suppose I'm just happy with how things are sounding right now. I highly recommend trying out different music apps (if you're on Android) because they all have their own flavour. I never really noticed prior to my M100s.

Also reporting in on comfort, they seem to be getting better for me. I had them on last night and fell asleep, not even noticing I had them on :)  Things are looking good for my upcoming 13hr flight~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back