V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jan 23, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #11,761 of 23,366
Quote:
£60...ridiculous!!! So in total, I've spent more money on postage and all this bs, I might as well have ordered from the UK, I ordered from overseas cause I thought it was cheaper!!

So do I call this Parcelforce people directly?

Except as of yet, you still can't order from the UK...:frowning2:

Jan 23, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #11,762 of 23,366
Quote:
£60...ridiculous!!! So in total, I've spent more money on postage and all this bs, I might as well have ordered from the UK, I ordered from overseas cause I thought it was cheaper!!

Amazon would have been better, £245 is what I payed with an import fees deposit included so no nasty surprises.

Jan 23, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #11,765 of 23,366
@phlashbios:

Amazon doesn't have them in stock though I'm afraid! A marketplace seller has them in stock. And by in stock they mean they'll put the order in for you, still make you wait for the 2-3 weeks delivery from the US and then charge you an extra £25 for the privilege. Its all in the details my friend :)

Still though, not quite sure what the delay with V-Moda is on a world-wide release. The last comment I saw stated they were trying to get them out at the same time as the US release! A month later, still nothing.

Jan 23, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #11,766 of 23,366
Mine just arrived, finally! nice little surprise considering they were meant to arrive yesterday and were then 'delayed due to bad weather' so didn't expect them today but my BlueAnt Embrace's also turned up today so get to test them both out.

Jan 23, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #11,767 of 23,366
Quote:
Is it? I recall the gold shields being twice the price even during the VTF-100 ordering rush. I was once considering the gold shields for a different design I had in mind until I saw the price.

It appears to be the same $50 even with the custom engraving.
confused.gif

That's what I am saying, it makes no sense for the gold ones to be the same price with or without the engravings.

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #11,768 of 23,366
Quote:

No, call your local pick up office. Go to Post Office's site and check where your local one is and ring them to pay.

Once you listen to them for a few weeks, you'll forget all about the extra you paid to be honest.
I know its really bad though.

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #11,769 of 23,366
I've only been trying them out for about 2 hours but i'm blown away by these, they were worth it....the word i'm looking for is.... outstanding! I didn't wait around and hooked them up to my Fiio E07k and strait from the off they sounded amazing no burn in needed, I can't really give a detailed review yet but for the music I like (pretty much most stuff with a leaning towards Hip Hop RnB and movie soundtracks) these are spectacular. On the issue of comfort though....well there is no issue (for me) i've been wearing them for two hours strait now and i've not suffered any irritaton or discomfort.

Thanks to Craigster75 and Miceblue for all their helpful posts and reviews, an epic win of a purchase.

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #11,771 of 23,366
I've owned quite a few head phones and the M-100s are definitely worth the $300.  They are extremely versatile, well thought out, and stylish.  I've already had the unfortunate experience of dropping them and there is no apparent damage to them.

They are what I'd consider fun headphones with a strong bass emphasis but if you listen to electronic, hip-hop, and rock music these are great for that.  No, they are not the most precise of headphones, but they will definitely have you rocking your head back and forth and in some cases breaking out in random acts of getting jiggy with it. :)

I love these headphones.  I've compared them to the Sennheiser Momentums and while those are definitely more analytical, I prefer the M-100s over them for the type of preferences that I have.

My current primary headphone is the Fostex TH-900 and I find myself wearing the M-100s more than them because of how well designed they are for portability.  I've been doing errands around the house all day jamming out to my M-100s and haven't missed my TH-900s one minute.

Now, these do not in any way shape or form compare to the TH-900 aside from the "fun" factor, but price difference considered, one should not expect them to do so...but the M-100s will definitely keep you happy while you are away from your high end headphones and if you have never heard any of the flagship headphones, then by all means get the M-100s and be content until you are ready to move up. :)

Jan 23, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #11,772 of 23,366
Quote:
No, call your local pick up office. Go to Post Office's site and check where your local one is and ring them to pay.

Once you listen to them for a few weeks, you'll forget all about the extra you paid to be honest.
I know its really bad though.

Ahh, well I called the Parcelforce people directly and paid through them. They say I should receive it tomorrow morning. £57 but whatever I guess, I've come this far lol

Jan 23, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #11,773 of 23,366
I must say how I love how the headband pretty much disappears. Its feels like it's not even there. 

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #11,774 of 23,366
Quote:
what would be a good amp to power them?

One of the issues I had with the M-100s was the soundstage. Rather than a wide soundstage, it was more deep, like the layers were standing in a line. I paired it up with the O2 amp from JDS Labs and these two pair very nicely. It seemed to fix the soundstage issue, and the vocals came out of my head and little more in front and a tad lower. 

The O2 amp doesn't bring out the bass if that is your thing, but it seemed to improve SQ all around.

I've read people say the mids are recessed, but when it comes to female vocals, the M-100s are really good, especially with the O2 amp. I now own the HE-500, which was raved for its mids and both male and female vocal presentations, and honestly, I found vocals such as Sarah McLaughlin better with the M-100s. They sounded clearer, and more open, airier. The M-100s with the O2 amp made my unamped HE-500 seem a little recessed in the mids, at least with female vocals! I'll be getting the RSA SR71B amp to pair with the HE-500 soon and we'll see if that changes any.

I did end up sending the M-100s back and kept the HE-500s. I found the M-100 bass impact to be on par with the HE-500, but the HE-500 goes deeper, with a velvety sounding bass that I love.

However, no doubt the features of the M-100 were awesome! I will dearly miss all the extra touches and the build quality. A job well done there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back