V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jan 22, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #11,747 of 23,366
First thing to do is phone your local royal mail sorting office and ask them if they're holding any mail for you, give them your address and name etc. because if it was handled by Royal Mail the postman would have returned the item to the sorting office. Also another thing to note is that if V-Moda themselves are unaware of who the UK courier is I think it's safe to assume it would have been handled by the standard uk mailing service which is Royal Mail and not DHL UPS etc.

Jan 22, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #11,748 of 23,366
Quote:
No they did not leave any card. How do I go about finding who the courier was? I have no idea. Even the people who sent it to me from the States don't know either (apparently) because it's out of their hands after they send it across the boarder...it's a very weird situation. My $300 :frowning2:

Go to:

http://www.parcelforce.com/track-trace?page_type=parcel-tracking-details

Type in the tracking number you got from stamps.com in the states you have been following, and it will automatically convert to the UK side.

You can now track.

You will most likely be at one of these points:

18-12-2012 08:47 Manchester Piccadilly Depot Awaiting payment of charges
18-12-2012 05:33 Manchester Piccadilly Depot Received at delivery depot
17-12-2012 09:46 National Hub Received and processed
17-12-2012 05:54 International Hub Revised charges to be paid
17-12-2012 05:53 International Hub Forwarded for UK processing

Either way, once you get the waiting payment of charges, ring your local collecting point on the phone, tell them the reference, and you can pay over the phone, or even online.

Once that is done, they can arrange delivery.

Jan 22, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #11,749 of 23,366
Quote:

Go to:

http://www.parcelforce.com/track-trace?page_type=parcel-tracking-details

Type in the tracking number you got from stamps.com in the states you have been following, and it will automatically convert to the UK side.

You can now track.

You will most likely be at one of these points:

18-12-2012 08:47 Manchester Piccadilly Depot Awaiting payment of charges
18-12-2012 05:33 Manchester Piccadilly Depot Received at delivery depot
17-12-2012 09:46 National Hub Received and processed
17-12-2012 05:54 International Hub Revised charges to be paid
17-12-2012 05:53 International Hub Forwarded for UK processing

Either way, once you get the waiting payment of charges, ring your local collecting point on the phone, tell them the reference, and you can pay over the phone, or even online.

Once that is done, they can arrange delivery.

LIFE SAVER THANK YOU!!!

Mine says it's awaiting payment of charges in the London NorthWest Depot (Dunno if that's Royal Mail, is it?). 

I'll try to resolve it tomorrow but at least I know what on earth is happening. Thank you so much. 

Jan 22, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #11,750 of 23,366
Quote:
LIFE SAVER THANK YOU!!!

Mine says it's awaiting payment of charges in the London NorthWest Depot (Dunno if that's Royal Mail, is it?). 

I'll try to resolve it tomorrow but at least I know what on earth is happening. Thank you so much. 

No problem :)

The charges should come to around £59.60 or something daft like that

On another note, I'll have to tell you my thoughts when I get the PA2V2 amp.
I prefer the M-100's to be more balanced, and have EQ'd the bass down by 1-2db, but my hopes is this amp may help with mids, and bring the voices out slightly better than it does now, but we'll see.
I'd also be interested in seeing what the E12 is capable of

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #11,751 of 23,366
FYI, V-moda just updated their website, and now we can get gold shields for the M-100!!  Sadly however that the orange one is still MIA.

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #11,753 of 23,366
Quote:
Originally Poste,  d
chevy454 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

this headphone is looking like the best thing out right now...d. o they need a portable amp to reach their full potential? th.) ) e thing I keep running into is distortion when I tweak the eq for added bass

They do not need extra amping no but that does not mean that they won't benefit in some way from extra amping depending on the source of course (was not meant to rhyme

What you using as a source

Some EQs work against the sound by amping a signal that has ready been fully processed by the internal sound chips so becomes software implemented only which can and will cause distortion at higher settings when sent through the jack

Depending on your source you may benefit from an amp with bass controls if you feel you want more rumble

Sorry about lack of punctuation
Adding it on phone as you can see from the quote makes it jump back up and edit the quote

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #11,754 of 23,366
Quote:
They do not need extra amping no but that does not mean that they won't benefit in some way from extra amping depending on the source of course (was not meant to rhyme

What you using as a source

Some EQs work against the sound by amping a signal that has ready been fully processed by the internal sound chips so becomes software implemented only which can and will cause distortion at higher settings when sent through the jack

Depending on your source you may benefit from an amp with bass controls if you feel you want more rumble

Sorry about lack of punctuation
Adding it on phone as you can see from the quote makes it jump back up and edit the quote

im using my galaxy note 2. I have the hdj-2000's and when i tweak the eq for bass it became so distorted that i almost threw them against the wall lol

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #11,755 of 23,366
~~~[ouch charges]~~~
I prefer the M-100's to be more balanced, and have EQ'd the bass down by 1-2db, but my hopes is this amp may help with mids, and bring the voices out slightly better than it does now, but we'll see.

The Mont Blanc (E12) is very flat, without boosting any range in particular. The hardware bass boost bumps the sub bass (I'd guess 80hz and down, like subwoofer bass) up by around 3 dB, it's subtle but doesn't bleed into the mids. Mine sounded flat at first in an OK but kinda boring way, but it surprised me by becoming noticeably musical after a few hours. Feiao surprised me by saying the WIMA capacitors will burn-in a little over the first 20-40 hours, but mine is already pretty exciting after just one charge cycle (I started really noticing the improvement after the first 3 hours). The development wasn't huge, but I think it changed by a % similar to the % change of the bass boost effect.

It doesn't boost the mid frequencies over the rest, but the overall fidelity has improved with the Mont Blanc and that might be enough of an improvement.

Jan 23, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #11,756 of 23,366
Quote:
this headphone is looking like the best thing out right now...do they need a portable amp to reach their full potential? the thing I keep running into is distortion when I tweak the eq for added bass

They sound just fine un-amped, but amping does help it a bit yes.
If you're using EQ's, reducing the "bars" will yield less distortion than raising them.

^ Something like this

Quote:
Hey Miceblue - just a quick question. Does the M100 fit nicely in the LP exoskeleton hard case? V moda are'nt yet selling M100 cases yet and the zip on my M100 case is tearing.

I honestly have no idea unfortunately. My M-100 case's zipper is busted as well because of the super tight fit...I only had the M-100's and 1 cable in it [unplugged] when I used to use it.

Quote:
I just had to post - I bought the PA2V2 and received it this past week - let me just say it is a MUST for ANY M-100 Owner! WOW, What a difference, beautiful sounds must I say the amp is much better than a FiiO or O2 Option!

Nice! Sounds like an interesting portable option. I wonder how an Altoids CMoy would sound with the M-100 (mine is currently dead so I can't test it).

Quote:
FYI, V-moda just updated their website, and now we can get gold shields for the M-100!!  Sadly however that the orange one is still MIA.

Gold and matte black would look pretty nice in my opinion. No idea why they cost twice the price though.

Jan 23, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #11,757 of 23,366
I think that's a coding error on their page, as $45-50 is the price with the custom logo and not just the shield.  I just paid $45 for my blue ones with the Hi-Nu Gundam logo on it, so $50 for the gold one is not too bad.

Jan 23, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #11,758 of 23,366
Quote:
I think that's a coding error on their page, as $45-50 is the price with the custom logo and not just the shield.  I just paid $45 for my blue ones with the Hi-Nu Gundam logo on it, so $50 for the gold one is not too bad.

Is it? I recall the gold shields being twice the price even during the VTF-100 ordering rush. I was once considering the gold shields for a different design I had in mind until I saw the price.

It appears to be the same $50 even with the custom engraving.
confused.gif

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #11,760 of 23,366
Quote:
No problem :)

The charges should come to around £59.60 or something daft like that

£60...ridiculous!!! So in total, I've spent more money on postage and all this bs, I might as well have ordered from the UK, I ordered from overseas cause I thought it was cheaper!!

So do I call this Parcelforce people directly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back