V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jan 22, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #11,731 of 23,366
I just had to post - I bought the PA2V2 and received it this past week - let me just say it is a MUST for ANY M-100 Owner! WOW, What a difference, beautiful sounds must I say the amp is much better than a FiiO or O2 Option!

Jan 22, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #11,733 of 23,366
Quote:
I just had to post - I bought the PA2V2 and received it this past week - let me just say it is a MUST for ANY M-100 Owner! WOW, What a difference, beautiful sounds must I say the amp is much better than a FiiO or O2 Option!

I imagined this amp would fit nicely with M100 as it's somewhat warm with a slight midbass (it mostly just adds "thumping" without audible frequency bloat around the 125Hz area) and midrange emphasis, probably makes the midrange come out quite nicely on M100 I'd imagine. A pretty "analog" / warm sounding amp to my ears.

Jan 22, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #11,734 of 23,366

Glad you like it, the bass & low-mid boost must be nice compliment to the M-100. What FiiO amps or O2 have you heard?

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #11,735 of 23,366
Quote:

I imagined this amp would fit nicely with M100 as it's somewhat warm with a slight midbass (it mostly just adds "thumping" without audible frequency bloat around the 125Hz area) and midrange emphasis, probably makes the midrange come out quite nicely on M100 I'd imagine. A pretty "analog" / warm sounding amp to my ears.

That thumping I think you are trying to say is the same kind of effect you get with the Sennheiser Momentum's when listening to Trance I found. If it adds the extra mids that the Momentum's have too, I can see it being an amp to look at.

This wouldn't allow you to connect to a digital output though would it? i.e if I used this on my phone, I would have to be double amping?

I know my phone has a Wolfson chip, but I'm still a bit wary of double amping, unless it can still be beneficial?

If it does increase the mids though, I may give it a try for the price, and its very small too...

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #11,737 of 23,366
An audiophile friend of mine suggested it a while back. He uses it with his KNS8400.

I might have to do a shoot out between the BH, E12 and Pa2v2 eventually.

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #11,739 of 23,366
The Pa2v2 is an old but well-received CMOY DIY-gone-commercial design. I haven't heard it, but there are many reviews for it to get a good idea. The engineer who designed it is a really nice guy to interact with.

The E12 is in a whole different class, it will cost 2x the price but offer 4x the output power, also be much longer (for the rechargable battery) but half as thick, with other specs listed on the intro page on FiiO's website.

This wouldn't allow you to connect to a digital output though would it? i.e if I used this on my phone, I would have to be double amping?
I know my phone has a Wolfson chip, but I'm still a bit wary of double amping, unless it can still be beneficial?

Neither AMP has a DAC (Digital-to-Audio-Converter, the Wolfson chip is a DAC), so neither accepts digital input. Few phones actually can connect to an external DAC, and those that can (FWIR) all need a bit of work. Apple devices probably have the most options because they're so popular, and they also have Line-out dock accessories that still use the IPhone/iPod's DAC but bypass the internal amp. Basically, Get the Pa2v2 if you want the strong bass boost and you think it'll compliment your headphone's sound signature, and the E12 if you want greater fidelity.

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #11,740 of 23,366
See I want to get all 3 for comparison sake, and try to figure out which of the three will have the best synergy with my M100 and FXZ200. It'll be a fun few weeks that's for sure. I'll probably end up with a pa2v2 before the e12 is released.

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #11,741 of 23,366
Woke up and my Yodel tracking showed the following

Parcel out for delivery  van  22nd Jan 2013 07:04

So naturally after what seems like the longest week I was

Then the next 9 hours I kept pacing around the house looking out of the window waiting............

20 minutes ago I see this update....

Bad weather, parcel delayed  van 22nd Jan 2013 15:43

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #11,742 of 23,366
Ahhhh, I ordered it from the V-Moda website and on tracking it says "ATTEMPTED DELIVERY ABROAD"....now I have no idea which Post Office it's at, if they'll try redelivering or anything...ordered it to my school in England. If it's not here by the end of the week, I have no idea what to do.

The guys that sent it from the States say that after it goes across the boarder, they can't track it anymore...

Any advice?

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #11,743 of 23,366
Quote:
Ahhhh, I ordered it from the V-Moda website and on tracking it says "ATTEMPTED DELIVERY ABROAD"....now I have no idea which Post Office it's at, if they'll try redelivering or anything...ordered it to my school in England. If it's not here by the end of the week, I have no idea what to do.

The guys that sent it from the States say that after it goes across the boarder, they can't track it anymore...

Any advice?

Did they leave any card? if not find out who the courier was and contact them directly, if it's Royal Mail it will be at your local sorting office.

Jan 22, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #11,744 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey Miceblue - just a quick question. Does the M100 fit nicely in the LP exoskeleton hard case? V moda are'nt yet selling M100 cases yet and the zip on my M100 case is tearing.

I tried this while comparing the LP's; they bareley fit.
The edges of the cable terminals stick out just far enough where they'll snag on the zipper if you dont pull on it while closing the case. I only tried this once; I'm unsure whether the case will eventually stretch out to accommodate the headphones, or fatigue the zipper strip, same as the M-100 cases.

Jan 22, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #11,745 of 23,366
Quote:
Did they leave any card? if not find out who the courier was and contact them directly, if it's Royal Mail it will be at your local sorting office.

No they did not leave any card. How do I go about finding who the courier was? I have no idea. Even the people who sent it to me from the States don't know either (apparently) because it's out of their hands after they send it across the boarder...it's a very weird situation. My $300 :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back