V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jan 21, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #11,716 of 23,366
Quote:
Holy Schitt. 

^^I see what you did there.  
wink.gif

Jan 21, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #11,720 of 23,366
Quote:
Probably not any serious problems. Usually a higher gain is meant for more demanding headphones (Schiit designed the Magni with orthodynamic headphones in mind, whereas Voldemort designed the O2 for more flexibility with more regular headphones).
For the case of the M-100 you might have to turn the volume knob down and you might be able to hear a background hiss.

Should I get O2 and ODAC seperately or should I get the combo? Does it even make a difference haha?

Jan 21, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #11,722 of 23,366
Supposedly it got fixed, I dunno for certain, but I'm sure Jason at Schiit addressed the issue.

Yea it has been fixed.

I own the Asgard and have used it with my M-100's.

But just as a extra precaution I wait till I hear the click when you first turn it on before plugging my headphones in (happens 5-6 seconds after turning the amp on) , and then I always unplug them from the amp before turning the amp off.

Jan 21, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #11,723 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
Supposedly it got fixed, I dunno for certain, but I'm sure Jason at Schiit addressed the issue.

Yea it has been fixed.

But just as a extra precaution I wait till I hear the click when you first turn it on before plugging my headphones in (happens 5-6 seconds after turning the amp on) , and then I always unplug them from the amp before turning the amp off.

Ah that's a good idea.

Quote:
Quote:
Probably not any serious problems. Usually a higher gain is meant for more demanding headphones (Schiit designed the Magni with orthodynamic headphones in mind, whereas Voldemort designed the O2 for more flexibility with more regular headphones).
For the case of the M-100 you might have to turn the volume knob down and you might be able to hear a background hiss.

Should I get O2 and ODAC seperately or should I get the combo? Does it even make a difference haha?

The only difference is that when they're together, you can't use the amplifier on battery power. I bought them separately since I sometimes use the O2 as a transportable amp while mobile listening. If you buy them separately, you can decide later-on to combine them into 1 unit.

Jan 21, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #11,725 of 23,366
Quote:
Yea it has been fixed.

How is the sound with the M-100 < Asgard pairing?

I think I shall get them separately so as to use the O2 as a portable amp with iPod LOD.

Jan 21, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #11,726 of 23,366
Quote:
You need to get a VoIP adapter to split the voice and audio channels (like this or this), then you just plug the audio cable into the amp and the mic cable into your computer.

Wait a minute, is the boom mic pro just the mic cable? Do you have to plug an audio cable to the other side of the headphone? If so I think non of this is necessary right?

Jan 21, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #11,727 of 23,366
What EQ app are you guys using on this for iphone. I need something good with gapless playback so it won't make little skips between tracks when it's supposed to be a smooth transition.

Which iDevice are you using? ITunes automatically has gapless support I thought and some iDevices don't support it.

I use Accudio by Golden Ears but its custom EQ is really hard to use (I only use it for the custom neutral EQ's tuned by Golden Ears themselves), and its media player doesn't have gapless playback. Does EQu support gapless?

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #11,728 of 23,366
EQu does indeed support gapless, and it does work. When I loaded EQu, gapless was on, and I HATE gapless so I turned it off. lol

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #11,729 of 23,366
External EQs don't seem to  work on my S3. I get distortion. 
I only use Spotify though which has its own EQ settings. 

I have a question. Would the O2 work with the S3 using an OTG cable when it is only an amp, but not a DAC? 
Is that what the other one does? 

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #11,730 of 23,366
Wait a minute, is the boom mic pro just the mic cable? Do you have to plug an audio cable to the other side of the headphone? If so I think non of this is necessary right?

The boompro cable carries both the audio from the source and the mic signal. You won't be able to get the mic to work by just plugging it into an amp. I'm not sure it would work if you plugged the boompro cable into the mic input on your computer and then plugging another cable into the other input on the headphone, but if you only want to use 1 cable then you'll need to get one of the VoIP splitters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back