V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jan 20, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #11,686 of 23,366
Quote:
Beats PRO has more bass, M-100 wins everywhere else- mids, highs, soundstage, portability, weight, comfort, etc.  I could even argue that M-100 has superior, tighter bass, just not as much quantity.

Your posts were one of the main reasons I finally decided to order the M100's, I mean did quite a bit of research but reading through the 2nd half of this thread was key and your posts seemed to always magically answer questions I had (but never asked) and I must admit i'm now quite looking forward to recieving these especially since I currently have no headphones to use on my laptop and am having to rely on the laptop's internal speaker for sound *shudders*

Jan 20, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #11,687 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
how do the v-moda m-100 and the beats pro compare all around

Beats PRO has more bass, M-100 wins everywhere else- mids, highs, soundstage, portability, weight, comfort, etc.  I could even argue that M-100 has superior, tighter bass, just not as much quantity.

Yeah for sure. I think the Pro's sound OK, but the M-100's kind of destroy them as a whole. I would honestly pick an ATH-M50 over the Pro's for sound quality.

Jan 20, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #11,688 of 23,366
Quote:

Your posts were one of the main reasons I finally decided to order the M100's, I mean did quite a bit of research but reading through the 2nd half of this thread was key and your posts seemed to always magically answer questions I had (but never asked) and I must admit i'm now quite looking forward to recieving these especially since I currently have no headphones to use on my laptop and am having to rely on the laptop's internal speaker for sound *shudders*

I hope they live up to my genuine enthusiasm and enjoyment of them.  Their versatility is remarkable.  I just listened to some David Guetta on the treadmill and am winding down with Jim Croce now.  Both couldn't be more diverse, yet sound equally amazing.

Jan 20, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #11,689 of 23,366
Quote:
On a random note, I know that Val was designing a headphone stand earlier in this thread...probably about 300 486 pages back or something like that. XD
If anyone needs a headphone stand, I found one at Best Buy for cheap (cheap as in < $10 USD).

Rocketfish™ Universal Headset Stand, padding might be beneficial to prevent dents in the headband

Or if the chrome-coloured plastic isn't to your liking, grocery stores sometimes have metal banana stands.

^ something like that; foam shelving liner can be used to make the hook thicker and less likely to leave a dent in the headband (although it's not like it's going to seriously affect the comfort levels, I think)

Yes, I have the RocketFish one and I got it for $5, but you can generally have it for about $7.  Its base is weighted and works pretty well.  Highly recommended.

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #11,690 of 23,366
I know you guys don't like spam, but I figured that since these headphones sound so good with electronic music, I figured I would share a remix I made. Feel free to check it out and vote for it: http://clarity.zedd.net/tracks/371

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #11,691 of 23,366
Quote:
I know you guys don't like spam, but I figured that since these headphones sound so good with electronic music, I figured I would share a remix I made. Feel free to check it out and vote for it: http://clarity.zedd.net/tracks/371

I like it. Just a bit repetitive imo. 

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #11,693 of 23,366
Quote:

Not bad. It sounds like something that would be played in a rave hall or something of the sorts (I don't know my clubbing terms).

Jan 21, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #11,694 of 23,366
Hey was wondering if anyone could answer this: when I get the boom mic pro, whenever it comes out. How am I supposed to use the boom mic pro with an amp?

Is it possible?

Jan 21, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #11,695 of 23,366
Really should've ordered from Amazon...ordered from V-Moda and it was "shipped on" the 8th. The last upadte I have from my tracking number is "attempted delivery" on the 19th...I don't know what that means but it's still not here. Better get here this week cause this is getting ridiculous.

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #11,696 of 23,366
Have you done a comparison of soundstage with amped and un amped M100s? I know people say its 'wider' and 'deeper', but here I see you stating instrument specific location cues and even the direction of the instruments sounds transverse to those locations.. Is there anyway you could do that for the amped version as well? More specificallyl the FiiO E07k Andes, or maybe even just the E7 that I saw in one of your vids

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #11,697 of 23,366
Quote:
Really should've ordered from Amazon...ordered from V-Moda and it was "shipped on" the 8th. The last upadte I have from my tracking number is "attempted delivery" on the 19th...I don't know what that means but it's still not here. Better get here this week cause this is getting ridiculous.

It means they came to your shipping address to deliver, but no one answered the door.

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #11,699 of 23,366
Quote:
Would you get a XB800 heavily modded with a $400 amp, or a M-100 with a $100 amp? Hard decision ...

Not being a wiseguy, but do you only care only about bass volume or is overall music including vocals, instruments and highs important to you?  If the answer is the former, go for the XB; if the latter, go for the M-100.  There are also many other headphones that fall in between.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back