V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jan 19, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #11,656 of 23,366
I contacted AQ support and they were ready to RMA it.  Funny thing is that it worked on my HP Netbook perfectly.  I did a reinstall of OSX 10.8.2 in place, hooked up the DragonFly and it works again. Definitely a software problem on my MBA.  Now I'm enjoying the M100 through the DF again.  Still getting used to the sound signature but I'm liking it.  The M100 really brings back life to classic 80s & 90s music and am liking it with classic rock. I find the bass overpowering with stuff like Deadmou5 and that's when I pull out my HD700s. I'm going to stick with Audirvana+ for now.
MV, I would definitely call AQ support. I spent several hours last week on the MBPro with the DF and my ACS T1's...Gorgeous! I am running Amarra as well. It works with just iTunes, but Amarra is so much better.

I'm an Audirvana Plus user. :)
I don't use iTunes so I'm not a big fan of Amarra, but it probably has the best iTunes integration of the major audiophile Mac music players (Amarra, Audirvana, Fidelia).

Now why is it that Mac users have to pay for audiophile music players and Windows users have free ones (Foobar with WASAPI output or Winamp)? XD

Oh, if anyone is looking for a radio station app on the iPhone (dunno about Android or Windows), "TuneIn" is a pretty good app. It's not the best of sound quality but it's good for casual listening. They have radio stations world wide including Antarctica...I must say, I enjoy China's top 40 songs exponentially more than America's top 40 songs even though I don't completely understand the lyrics. There's some pretty good Japanese radio stations too.

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #11,659 of 23,366
Should do fine for acoustic as long as it's not poorly mastered. There's clarity in the midrange like you wouldn't believe, but that said, the bass is strong. But if you don't mind a healthy dose of bass, then these should be fine for you. 

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #11,665 of 23,366
On a random note, I know that Val was designing a headphone stand earlier in this thread...probably about 300 486 pages back or something like that. XD
If anyone needs a headphone stand, I found one at Best Buy for cheap (cheap as in < $10 USD).

Rocketfish™ Universal Headset Stand, padding might be beneficial to prevent dents in the headband

Or if the chrome-coloured plastic isn't to your liking, grocery stores sometimes have metal banana stands.

^ something like that; foam shelving liner can be used to make the hook thicker and less likely to leave a dent in the headband (although it's not like it's going to seriously affect the comfort levels, I think)

Jan 20, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #11,666 of 23,366
Quote:
On a random note, I know that Val was designing a headphone stand earlier in this thread...probably about 300 486 pages back or something like that. XD
If anyone needs a headphone stand, I found one at Best Buy for cheap (cheap as in < $10 USD).

Rocketfish™ Universal Headset Stand, padding might be beneficial to prevent dents in the headband

Or if the chrome-coloured plastic isn't to your liking, grocery stores sometimes have metal banana stands.

^ something like that; foam shelving liner can be used to make the hook thicker and less likely to leave a dent in the headband (although it's not like it's going to seriously affect the comfort levels, I think)

I just use my lamp that kind of looks like this:

Except the light part is bigger and rounder. Efficient use of space if you ask me. The top doesn't even get hot either because I use a shorter energy saving bulb than the one necessary.

Jan 20, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #11,667 of 23,366
I just put my headphones on the table. No harm done. I also have a shelf on my laptop stand (DJ rig) so that's where I put them

But then there's this  Talk about diminishing returns. 

Okay I concede. I'll get a Verza WAY before one of those. 
deadhorse.gif

edit:this is why I don't go on mu computer when I'm drunk

Jan 20, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #11,670 of 23,366
Quote:
THE WIRES ON THE RIGHT EARCUP SHORTED OUT FOR THE SECOND TIME IM THINKING ABOUT GETTING BEATS PROS

Ew why? Send it in for repair. That's much more worth it than giving up and buying Beats?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back