V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 19, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #10,832 of 23,366
Great to see this thread exploding again!  Congratulations to all the new owners of this fine 'phone! 
beerchug.gif

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #10,834 of 23,366
Quote:
The sound signature of the M-100 is muuch closer to the LP than the M-80 from graphs. For the record, I never said the M-100 is an LP as I couldn't even stand listening to the LP and I agree that the M-100 is leagues better.

Frequency response on a graph is one thing...my ears are another.  LOL...way more similar to the M80 as far as I'm concerned.  As I have some LP2s, some M80s and the M100s sitting in front of me right now.  Now that could be because of pads as you mentioned, it could be because of various states of burn in, or it could be I just have faulty ears, but the LP2 isn't in the same league sonically as the 80/100s which are much more similar than your graphs would suggest.  I'd bet on ears and pads.  :)

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #10,835 of 23,366
Quote:
Vamp was worth the $180 US I paid on Amazon the other day (very brief special, sold out now).  IMO, as good as it is, I would not have paid the list price, but it is a very, very cool product.  The sound is much fuller, alive, detailed and exciting with Vamp vs. E11 and I thought the E11 did a great job.

I'm so jealous you got a vamp for 180$! I wish that sale happened everyday. It's at 330$ now, no one would pay that for a portable amp, maybe a desktop amp. It was 500 a few weeks ago. SO I think they are slowly realizing the price is far too high lol. Hopefully Verza is affordable, if not I'll get Fiio E12, which releases right before Verza :0

Edit: Scratch that. I'm not jealous xD! I don't have an iPhone 4/4S to use Vamp with :p

Dec 20, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #10,836 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
Vamp was worth the $180 US I paid on Amazon the other day (very brief special, sold out now).  IMO, as good as it is, I would not have paid the list price, but it is a very, very cool product.  The sound is much fuller, alive, detailed and exciting with Vamp vs. E11 and I thought the E11 did a great job.

I'm so jealous you got a vamp for 180$! I wish that sale happened everyday. It's at 330$ now, no one would pay that for a portable amp, maybe a desktop amp. It was 500 a few weeks ago. SO I think they are slowly realizing the price is far too high lol. Hopefully Verza is affordable, if not I'll get Fiio E12, which releases right before Verza :0

Well if the VERZA is anything like the VAMP, it's a DAC and amp. The E12 is just an amp. From a functionality perspective, the VERZA will be more versatile than the E12.
But yes I agree, hopefully the VERZA is affordable....$500 for a phone DAC/amp sounds ridiculous to me and my wallet since it's more expensive than any headphone I own.

Dec 20, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #10,837 of 23,366
Quote:
Well if the VERZA is anything like the VAMP, it's a DAC and amp. The E12 is just an amp. From a functionality perspective, the VERZA will be more versatile than the E12.
But yes I agree, hopefully the VERZA is affordable....$500 for a phone DAC/amp sounds ridiculous to me and my wallet since it's more expensive than any headphone I own.

Isn't the Verza just a modified GoDap? What will the differences be if so?

Dec 20, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #10,838 of 23,366
Quote:
The M80 has different kinds of base. I noticed songs that had had a lot of mid-high bass, had very very little base on the m100s compared to my m80s, but most hiphop and electronic music in general should be MUCH bassier on the m100s

For my M-100, at least, every area of the bass is weaker. Kicks are stronger because the M-80 has a mid-bass hump. But the very low oscillating tone on Skrillex's Kyoto is weak on the M-100. That low tone is definitely in the sub-bass region. I asked my cousin to A/B my M-100 and my M-80 and he agrees the M-80 has more bass, though the M-100 are more comfortable.

Dec 20, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #10,840 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

Isn't the Verza just a modified GoDap? What will the differences be if so?

I don't know anything about the GoDap...sorry.

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #10,843 of 23,366
Ok I am really happy with my M100, beside the comfort which Im hoping my ears will get use to. One issue that im having though is that when I connect them to the computers at work and my external sound card on my computer the sound quality becomes so bad, and there is no bass. However on my iphone and my laptop they sound normal (good sound quality). Is the reason for this because the computers at work and my external sound card dont have enough power to power them? I found it weird because I thought the M100 was ment to be easy to drive, is anyone else having this problem?

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:13 AM Post #10,844 of 23,366
Quote:
Ok I am really happy with my M100, beside the comfort which Im hoping my ears will get use to. One issue that im having though is that when I connect them the the computers at work and my external sound card on my computer the sound quality becomes so bad, and there is no bass. However on my iphone and my laptop they sound normal (good sound quality). Is the reason for this because the computers at work and my external sound card dont have enough power to power them? I found it werid because I thought he M100 was ment to be easy to drive, is anyone else having this problem?

Yeah, chances are the computers at work have basic soundcards so not much power and your external being USB powered most likely will be the same.
I reckon you should invest in an amp.

Parcelforce since I paid duty went to 'delivery scheduled'. Still hasn't moved today... I want them today dammit!!

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:22 AM Post #10,845 of 23,366
Quote:
Ok I am really happy with my M100, beside the comfort which Im hoping my ears will get use to. One issue that im having though is that when I connect them to the computers at work and my external sound card on my computer the sound quality becomes so bad, and there is no bass. However on my iphone and my laptop they sound normal (good sound quality). Is the reason for this because the computers at work and my external sound card dont have enough power to power them? I found it weird because I thought the M100 was ment to be easy to drive, is anyone else having this problem?

Your best bet will be the AudioQuest DragonFly.  I know it is expensive, but it sounds good and you will never have to worry about sound quality from any computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back