V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 10, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #10,276 of 23,366
Quote:
I kinda didn't care about the custom shields cause they didn't have any matte ones...amazon has that 10% off promotion going so i saved $30 bucks off the top...then im a prime member so i saved another 25 or so bucks there on shipping and will get them in 2 days...hell im sure i can get some custom shields for less than 55 bucks....win win situation for me.

and yes that is a slk55 ...that c63 got slept on...beasty engine....i love the new two door one they put out...

im about to get something else myself....but i feel like i have to get something exotic or really sophisticated now....maybe an audi r8 or something...or a matte orange and black c63 coupe to match my headphones!!! lol   depends if i can negotiate a good deal.
music and cars...the only things that make me happy...smh...sad...so be it!!!

Off topic: the R8 V10 is nice, and I was actually in favor of the last generation of SLK55 over the C63... until the coupe came out.  I am still active over in mbworld.org just so you know.

On topic: I REALLY wish we can have white red and not white silver.  The V-moda logo on my red shields turn out too be WAY too small, so I might have just as well getting the stock shadow black with red to match my black GT-R BE...  I guess white and silver does work well in the snow.

Dec 10, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #10,277 of 23,366
Initial impressions. First track I listened to was Merzbow '716'.  Felt like I was sucker punched with a lead pipe and lay unconcious across railroad tracks.  Coming to, I can hear the freight train but its too late. I watch as its rusty wheels slice through my torso like a hard boiled egg. Trembling hands clutching the dirt, my worthless heart pumps through its last rhythmic cycle but not before a '69 Mustang does a hole shot across my face. Lovin' the bass and feel of the M-100!

Dec 10, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #10,278 of 23,366
If you can get over the horrible mastered parts, 2CELLO's songs don't sound that bad with the M-100's. The lower cello notes have more weight than with the SRH940, which is helpful considering those notes are in-itself quiet compared to the cello playing higher-pitched notes.

I can't wait for their second album coming out next year. Hopefully their new audio team includes a better mastering engineer.

I also can't wait for my Piano Guys CD to come through the mail (It's on-sale via Amazon [use the coupon code: PIANOGUY to get an additional $1 off, offer ends on the 20th this month] and Barnes & Noble [be sure to purchase their exclusive version, which I mistakenly didn't order because I didn't see it]):

aaand a couple of Vanessa Mae's CD's too:

Yeah I think I'm a bit into classical crossover music, no? XD

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #10,279 of 23,366
My tracking seems to have stopped

I think the one I got with the email from stamps.com was just to confirm they were at the destination ready to be sent over to the UK, as I got 3 time stamps over a couple of days, ending at International Service Center.

Haha you do. I will give them a listen

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #10,281 of 23,366
It's not completely related to the M-100 per se, but the VAMP has been mentioned in this thread, and Val did say at one point that the iPhone 4S+VAMP was his testing gear for the M-100:
Quote:
Quote:

VAMP VERZA     THE NAME OF THE NEW V-MODA AMPLIFIERS???????

Nice found, and here is my rough translation of the 4 bullet points:
  • unified design: DAC decode plus amp plus backup battery.
  • high quality audio: enthusiast level AKM DAC, support uncompressed file format (FLAC?)
  • low loss: Burr-Brown Op-amp, with 6 layer circuit board
  • high efficiency: 150mW enough to drive any headphones
And yes, the line before the bullets mean it is the world first DAC that supports ALL platforms (USB, Win PC, iOS, and Android.)  This will looks like to be another buy for me, can't wait.

BTW, I finally got my RMA from V-moda and my VAMP is going back for a firmware update.

I wonder if this is what it looks like:

I got this straight from the 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (which strangely isn't on the front page of Head-Fi yet).

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #10,283 of 23,366
Yes, V-moda still has my VAMP, and when it get back I will do a comparison between the official sound (VAMP + M-100) vs. DragonFly and M-100.  I guess I will throw in a line or two when there is no DAC / AMP from the iPhone 4S or iPod Touch 5G.

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #10,285 of 23,366
Quote:
I honestly don't know whats going on with amazon....they appear to sell out...then bam...restocked..all of a sudden they have every color again? what the hell? 

Val must have resupplied them somehow.  Either way, it's good for us.

Dec 11, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #10,289 of 23,366
I listen to Hip-Hop, EDM, Pop, Indie Rock, Grunge/Post Grunge, Hard Rock, and some classic rock.

Reading the reviews makes me think it would do very well for the 1st three, but what about the rest ? I am coming from a JVC HA-S500, which I like, but I want to get a more comfortable can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back