V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #10,021 of 23,366
Val, thanks for the info, and I can't wait to pair my M-100 with the VAMP (pending shipment and firmware update.)  Please keep us in touch with the Verza too!!

p.s. Please consider making a holster or pouch for the VAMP and Verza...

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #10,022 of 23,366
Ordered Nov 1st and still awaiting shipment.

Just posting to get this thread on my 'recent activities' feed.

Cheers! 

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #10,024 of 23,366
Quote:
Does anyone know how long it would take to re-stock if the m-100 run out of stock?

[size=10pt]I have no idea, it's like a grade six maths question: "[/size][size=10pt][size=10pt]a cargo ship leaves [/size][size=10pt]China for the USA on the 7th of December, travelling west at 80 miles per hour ... what date will it arrive in Los Angeles?"[/size][/size]

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #10,025 of 23,366
[SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000]I have no idea, it's like a grade six maths question: "[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000]a cargo ship leaves [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000]China for the USA on the 7th of December, travelling west at 80 miles per hour ... what date will it arrive in Los Angeles?"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Never; it will crash into land. =p

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #10,027 of 23,366
Quote:
MY OFFICIAL TRAX
I am going to post our team's primary test tracks too later, but the songs I used the most during development were:

*1) Carl Kennedy / Tommy Trash - Blackwater (in WAV/AIFF at Beatport by Subliminal http://www.beatport.com/track/blackwater-feat-rosie-henshaw-club-mix/1187625 )
*2) Val Kolton - Once Bitten (WAV http://www.beatport.com/track/once-bitten-original-mix/3716645 )
*3) Dire Straits - Money for Nothing
4) Michael Jackson - Billie Jean

1,2,3 are my official "theme songs of' in the making M-100.  LP was by Sharam - Don't Say a Word and Dada Life Let's get Bleeped Tonight.  M-80 was "Beat It" by Michael Jackson.  LP2 was Once Bitten Twice Shy (mine) and Italoboyz Live Mixes 

Downsampled (24/96 to 24/48) versions of Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal" and "Bad" songs sound surprisingly good with the M-100's. His voice actually lines up pretty nicely with the bass line and doesn't sound nearly as laid back as other male vocals I've heard in songs (Fourplay, Seal, Ottmar Liebert, etc.).
...at least his higher notes sound good, his lower, more normal-sounding voice gets kind of drowned out.

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #10,028 of 23,366
I understand they just got the headphones in the last day or so...but it's kind of misleading when you say "shipped" on an order status when you don't have the product in stock as V-MODA did with my order on Monday.  Seems to me it is only correct to mark it as shipped when you actually have the product and ship them.  It just adds to the frustration of the wait.  Cuz looking at my doorstep is not getting any easier when I'm just thinking the website sucks and doesn't update w/ tracking quick enough.  But then again, with other headphones and accessories it did, so who knows.  All I know is my order said it shipped three days ago and I live like 20 miles from V-MODA headquarters.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Just a suggestion to ease the pain of waiting.  Like Google and the Nexus 4 (I was lucky enough to get two when I ordered for the wife and I on day 1), it just doesn't seem like the V-MODA site is setup to handle the hype and volume the M100s are creating.

Dec 7, 2012 at 4:11 AM Post #10,029 of 23,366
Quote:
Nice to see other Hawaii folks interested in V-Moda~ I've personally never seen anyone wearing a V-Moda headset around here...mostly beats lol.

Whilst riding the bus the other day I spotted a pair of M-80's... But I think that most people out here just don't have access to V-MODA. I mean, the only store out here in Hawaii where you can try headphones on is the Apple store, and then you're subjected to their strict MSRP prices... Not to mention that every Apple store that I've gone to has never had V-MODA products... 

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #10,030 of 23,366
Quote:
I understand they just got the headphones in the last day or so...but it's kind of misleading when you say "shipped" on an order status when you don't have the product in stock as V-MODA did with my order on Monday.  Seems to me it is only correct to mark it as shipped when you actually have the product and ship them.  It just adds to the frustration of the wait.  Cuz looking at my doorstep is not getting any easier when I'm just thinking the website sucks and doesn't update w/ tracking quick enough.  But then again, with other headphones and accessories it did, so who knows.  All I know is my order said it shipped three days ago and I live like 20 miles from V-MODA headquarters.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Just a suggestion to ease the pain of waiting.  Like Google and the Nexus 4 (I was lucky enough to get two when I ordered for the wife and I on day 1), it just doesn't seem like the V-MODA site is setup to handle the hype and volume the M100s are creating.

I am not sure about your order, but this is infinitely better than the Nexus 4 ordering/backordering/shipping fiasco. Val is reading this thread and posting direct responses. V-Moda support is extremely helpful. We are getting direct feedback from the source in near real time. Nobody is talking about what limbo level they are -- there is no limbo.

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #10,031 of 23,366
Marking an item as "shipped" when a shipping label is created is pretty common practice for most online stores; Under most circumstances the labels are only created when the product is going to ship at the end of the business day. They probably went ahead and created all the labels for the shipments going out this week ahead of time to decrease the amount of work they'd have to do on each actual shipping day. The site/email end of the system is likely automated so it spat out a bunch of "shipped" emails for all the labels that were created. Maybe something they should have considered ahead of time, but I can't really blame them for trying to make the process of shipping 1000's of units more efficient on their end.

The emails didn't come with tracking numbers but I get notices from UPS when shipments are sent to me, so I have my tracking #. It was actually shipped last night at 7:30 and is scheduled to arrive on Monday. My order was placed the night pre-orders went up... I doubt that info really helps anyone who's still in "awaiting shipment" though. :p

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #10,032 of 23,366
Quote:
I am not sure about your order, but this is infinitely better than the Nexus 4 ordering/backordering/shipping fiasco. Val is reading this thread and posting direct responses. V-Moda support is extremely helpful. We are getting direct feedback from the source in near real time. Nobody is talking about what limbo level they are -- there is no limbo.

There is absolutely limbo.  My order was said to have shipped, yet it has not.  No tracking number, no response to email after two days, nothing.  No idea when and if I'm getting the headphones.  Obviously I will at some point, but when?

At least when I get a shipping notice from Google, I got my tracking number and expected delivery date.  And I can send them an email and they'll get back to me.  I've gotten ZERO of that from V-MODA.  I have the 8gb N4 right now and ordered the 16gb during their last release and it said 2-3 weeks until shipping.  It shipped in a week and a half.  Just got my notice AND TRACKING NUMBER this morning ironically.

The only area Google screwed up is having a horrible website that can't contain the traffic...needless to say, the M100 pre-order isn't nearly as big as the N4 was.  Hell, Apple screwed up the 3G and 3GS launch as well their first time out.  They only recently have rectified their ordering systems.

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #10,033 of 23,366
Quote:
The emails didn't come with tracking numbers but I get notices from UPS when shipments are sent to me, so I have my tracking #. It was actually shipped last night at 7:30 and is scheduled to arrive on Monday. My order was placed the night pre-orders went up... I doubt that info really helps anyone who's still in "awaiting shipment" though. :p

I get my numbers sent to me as well via UPS...and I still have zero.  Being in LA, and V-MODA being in LA, I should have it in a day.  So we'll see.  :)

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #10,035 of 23,366
Quote:
Well I am still at "awaiting shipment", but I am not worried -- it would be nice to know an estimated ship date though.

Me too

Everytime my phone goes off, I'm hoping it's my e-mail with a shipping confirmation. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back