V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 6, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #9,991 of 23,366
Quote:

Once again, the M-100 is still my number one headphone for mobile listening, but for home listening.

I'm sure in part that's down to all the attention you've been getting :wink:

Once again, appreciate your in-depth comparisons Miceblue, I'm inclined to agree about home use, but the second you step out the front door I find that the bass evens out a bit and you get the detail that is drowned out on other headphones. Lucky for me I only use headphones to make music in coffee shops so I'm just fine :D.

EDIT: Curiously, I still haven't heard any convincing alternatives for the M-100s in the price-range, I tried the Momentums and they were (to my ears) not up to the grade, and I've only tried things that are $100 more or less expensive, $300 seems to be an odd price for a portable. 

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #9,992 of 23,366
Once again, appreciate your in-depth comparisons Miceblue, I'm inclined to agree about home use, but the second you step out the front door I find that the bass evens out a bit and you get the detail that is drowned out on other headphones. Lucky for me I only use headphones to make music in coffee shops so I'm just fine :D.

EDIT: Curiously, I still haven't heard any convincing alternatives for the M-100s in the price-range, I tried the Momentums and they were (to my ears) not up to the grade, and I've only tried things that are $100 more or less expensive, $300 seems to be an odd price for a portable. 

Have you heard any better IEM's for portable use than the M100 ($300) just wondering what sound I'm getting for my money...(pre ordered already)

Dec 6, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #9,994 of 23,366
Still no confirmation :frowning2:

I actually hope that these headphones don't get so popular that loads of people buy them, "because everyone else has one", like what happens with Apple and Beat products. I like the fact I'm getting a headphone hardly anyone has, or will have.

Dec 6, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #9,996 of 23,366

I have not heard the M100 but if you are curious for alternative you can look for the new AKG line. The K167 get good review and it's only $180. :D just saying

Dec 6, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #9,999 of 23,366
Quote:
Still no confirmation :frowning2:

I actually hope that these headphones don't get so popular that loads of people buy them, "because everyone else has one", like what happens with Apple and Beat products. I like the fact I'm getting a headphone hardly anyone has, or will have.

If thats the case, get yourself some good-sounding ugly-azz headphones. There's a higher probability of consumer antiflocking; only the geeks on these forums would approach you
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #10,003 of 23,366
Quote:
i think mainly because they arent in the big box stores, or celebrity endorsed as much as the others
even though these just came out, im wondering about when the revolvers will come out...
next summer?
biggrin.gif

[size=10pt]only Paris Hilton, 50 yr old DJ's (yes i'm talking about you Mr Oakefold) and the Cover Girl cosmetics line ... ugggg ... i'm just not going to think about it.[/size]

Dec 6, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #10,004 of 23,366
10K AND COUNTING - "V THE PEOPLE" AND CHEERS TO YOU!
Quite amazing guys (and perhaps girls?), this truly was a collaboration and an amazing experience.  We learned a lot and we'll improve it the next go around.  Everybody should thank Dave who is in charge of customer service, he really worked hard handling such a new concept.  I sincerely appreciate all the honest feedback, I hear every voice in my head during product development.  We have off-the charts press and editor's choice awards piling in faster than we can believe!

Updates on orders: we shipped a ton today and more are coming in every 2 days.  We do predict we'll be sold out before Xmas as we have to allocate enough for our Asia markets as well.  If you order now you are safe and I'll try to have a forecast of exactly when we'll be out.  I undershot my forecasted demand and shipped too many by boat, it is VERY complex to plan a global supply chain (trust me you don't want to do it).  

Celebrity Endorsement Idealogy - we never pay to play, all consumers, celebs, artists who use V-MODA are real.  Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible used Crossfade LP2s and we had no idea and did not give them to him.  Crystal Method, Prodigy, Avicii, Green Velvet, Empires of the Sun, etc.. contact me daily saying they use them and I had no idea.  I saw P___ may have switched to _____ and NERVO are legit b!+ches, amazing songwriters and I love them as two of my best friends and you would too, so - it's all good.  Look out soon for M-100 listening stations worldwide in a VERY cool store that I just inked!  (TOP SECRET BUT WE ALWAYS AIM TO KEEP UNDERGROUND AND NON-COMMERCIAL).

VAMP VERZA IS SHIPPING SOON
And PERFECTLY match the new M-100s... you won't believe this product.  I've kept it top secret, but it is launching in days... This is why I've been a bit muted, in addition to being in Milano brainstorming the future and recruiting new V-MODA employees.

Engadget's Holiday Gift Guide made M-100 #1 in portable audio!

http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/03/holiday-gift-guide-portable-audio/

[size=1.17em] V-MODA M-100[/size]

Created with heavy input from the audiophiles at Head-Fi, the M-100s are a cross between V-Moda's M-80 on-ears and LP2 DJ headphones. The result is a striking set of portable, fashion-focused cans with HiFi DNA. Military-grade construction, with swappable cabling, replaceable leather earpads, customizable ear plates and folding earcups, helps ensure that these over-ear (yet still low-profile) headphones will also be ready for your abusive commutes. The M-100s won't be available until later this holiday season, but you can get your pre-order filled out in the meantime.

Key specs: Cliqfold earcup hinges, highly durable MIL-STD-810G metal construction, carrying case, dual cable inputs, replaceable and customizable earcup plates, Kevlar-wrapped cable with a one-button remote / mic, memory foam earpads.

Price: $300 to $310 from V-Moda

Users who are viewing this thread

Back