V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #9,931 of 23,366
After seen your post, I checked my email and got a shipping notice about an hour ago.  Not sure how long shipping to Canada will be but can't wait to give them a try.
:popcorn:

I am also in Canada and with the faster shipping option with tracking it took exactly 6 days. It would have been a day or so earlier if it wasn't for the post office being closed on thanksgiving.

Hope this helps,

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #9,932 of 23,366
Dec 4, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #9,934 of 23,366
Quote:
I am also in Canada and with the faster shipping option with tracking it took exactly 6 days. It would have been a day or so earlier if it wasn't for the post office being closed on thanksgiving.
Hope this helps,

Did you get hit with customs?

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #9,935 of 23,366
Quote:
Did you get hit with customs?

Winnipeg Canada checking in, when I got mine I paid nothing in customs fees. Whether you do will depend on the luck of the draw. I thankfully lucked out.

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #9,936 of 23,366
I also use the ZO2 and the M-100 and I couldn't be happier.
It gives you all the bass you will ever need and the bass is always tight and controlled.
I have the exact same opinion as Leon when it comes to this pairing.

What do you think would be better for bass since you have the zo2, the zo or a cmoy with bass boost with a opa2227 chip ?

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #9,938 of 23,366
What do you think would be better for bass since you have the zo2, the zo or a cmoy with bass boost with a opa2227 chip ?

I have never heard the cmoy so unfortunately I can't really comment.

But the bass boost is really great on the zo2 so I would go with that. But look for other opinions on it.

And also you really don't need an amp so I would say listen to the headphones by themselves first and decide then if you want a amp.

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #9,940 of 23,366
Quote:
From what I've seen, it seems like only the people who got shipping with tracking (in canada) had to pay customs charges?

I hope that's the case. Not to wish it upon fellow head-fiers, but so that I don't get hit XD

Dec 5, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #9,942 of 23,366
Who here admits that they're a basshead?
I'm honestly wondering how you can listen to music with more bass than what the M-100 already offers. The M-100 for me is borderline way too much bass; "increase" the bass using an EQ and it gets to the point where I can't listen to music any more because it just sounds so weird and unlistenable...

^ doesn't make much sense to me

Dec 5, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #9,943 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm honestly wondering how you can listen to music with more bass than what the M-100 already offers. The M-100 for me is borderline way too much bass; "increase" the bass using an EQ and it gets to the point where I can't listen to music any more because it just sounds so weird and unlistenable...

The same question crossed my mind reading some of the recent comments... Some preferences are quite hard to understand.
Why not buy the LP/LP2 when bass is the only concern? Please don't answer "because of the narrow soundstage" or something like that...

And your headphone will never give you the same earthquake-feeling like a wall of 18" or 21" driven, hornloaded subs powered by several kW you might have experienced at a concert or club... Most of the really satisfying feeling of bass comes via the body, not the ears. And no: a bit of rattling does not count as body sensation :wink:
Rant over.

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #9,944 of 23,366
Apparently the one day I can't get to the forums all day is the day I get talked about. Cool!

Anyway to Apo0th3karY and Carlos4996, the best condition in which the ZO2 works under with the M-100 is with the Paper Towel Modification in effect (as made famous by MiceBlue and DigitalFreak). I go over both the ZO2 and the Mod in my review, which Prakhar was so kind to link just a bit back.

The Paper Towel mod create a pocket in the bass of the M-100's. It 'neutralizes' it a bit, taking away some of the impact and punch it normally has. It also brings the mids and highs a bit more forward and improves the soundstage a little. With this Mod in effect, the ZO2 puts the bass punch back into the headphone, without compromising the rest of the sound. On rock songs, it's much less intense than on, say, a dubstep song. It's a smart amp that knows when to lay on the bass hard and when to hang back a bit. Personally, I always keep my ZO2 on a green-yellow contour in low-gain mode (due to my L9 LOD).

It's a wonderful combination that I plan to stick with for quite a while, seeing as I've been broke as hell with no real income in sight ever since the M-100 purchase.

Totally worth it, though.

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:11 AM Post #9,945 of 23,366
Quote:

The same question crossed my mind reading some of the recent comments... Some preferences are quite hard to understand.
Why not buy the LP/LP2 when bass is the only concern? Please don't answer "because of the narrow soundstage" or something like that...

And your headphone will never give you the same earthquake-feeling like a wall of 18" or 21" driven, hornloaded subs powered by several kW you might have experienced at a concert or club... Most of the really satisfying feeling of bass comes via the body, not the ears. And no: a bit of rattling does not count as body sensation :wink:
Rant over.

Quote:

^ doesn't make much sense to me

Hahah Yeah I admit I'm a basshead, but I know when enough is enough, and I've come to the conclusion that I'd like mids that are more inline with highs, so I'm interested in this paper mod too. I got the ZO for MadDogs, not M-100. It was moreso out of curiosity, as to how well the M-100 handles it, than actual application. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back