V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Nov 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #9,573 of 23,366
No they're earplugs.

Nov 18, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #9,575 of 23,366
Quote:
!!!

How are they different then?

I haven't heard the LP's in a while, but I'm guessing the M-100's bass sounds much cleaner and extends deeper, things are more defined in general, and the highs are more sparkly.
From the frequency response graph, basically the entire midrange is the same as the LP except for the upper-mids at around 3 kHz is less on the M-100, and the treble extension might be less than the LP.
From the 300 Hz square wave curve, the M-100 looks like it has less sharp highs than the LP.
Again, I'm not an expert at interpreting graphs, so I could be wrong.

Does someone with a M-100 have an LP to compare it to?

Quote:
I was under the impression they were IEMs?

Nope, they look like it but they're actually tuned earplugs. My friend who went with me to the concert said "wait where are these plugged into??? o.0" upon seeing the Faders. So you're not the only one who thinks they were IEM's. :wink:

Quote:
Yeah. 

Here you are. Now it should work fine, as the white will be what is engraved, and the black will be left as the shield color, creating your image. 

(click for full size - WARNING: BIG IMAGE)

Erm, black is engraved into the shield as silver/white. White is left as the shield colour.
e.g. the Chinese text on my shield was black on my template, so the black got engraved as silver/white on my ocean blue shields.

Nov 18, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #9,576 of 23,366
Quote:
Erm, black is engraved into the shield as silver/white. White is left as the shield colour.
e.g. the Chinese text on my shield was black on my template, so the black got engraved as silver/white on my ocean blue shields.

You can do it either way. I sent mine in with black as the background, and they did it right. Either way - all it takes is a quick invert to do it the other way, so there's no issue.

Here's the alternate reverse image if you need it. Click to download, again, warning, it's big.

Nov 18, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #9,577 of 23,366
I'm gutted...

My PX-100's have been fine for 2 years and more, and haven't had any issues in that time. Haven't even had to twiddle the wires.

Well, yesterday, I finalised my order of the M-100's. I've been on the fence with them in my basket for ages.

Today, I have biked it to work with my PX's and riden back with no issues. Come tonight (around the same time I hit go on the order of the M-100's) and the left ear now doesn't work!!!
Wire twiddling does nothing.

How weird is that?!!!! Sod's law isn't it.
I'm now without headphones for a month or more, because I decided to buy new ones to replace these.

Nov 18, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #9,578 of 23,366
Look here...buy off someone who has the pre-orders then and cancel the V-moda order.

Nov 18, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #9,579 of 23,366
Quote:
You can do it either way. I sent mine in with black as the background, and they did it right. Either way - all it takes is a quick invert to do it the other way, so there's no issue.

Here's the alternate reverse image if you need it. Click to download, again, warning, it's big.

thanks a lot! I sent them an inverted copy. Can't wait

Nov 18, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #9,580 of 23,366
Could someone upload the shield Illustrator template saved as CS2? I unfortunately do not have access to the most updated versions of Illustrator.

Nov 19, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #9,583 of 23,366
Quote:
I was told the black is what will be engraved >.>

On a white background yes, but the people doing the engraving do know what they're doing so they can easily just invert the image if it's backwards. I think I sent my shields in with white design to see how it'd contrast with the matte black (and accidentally left it there)?

Anyway concerning different shield colors and having multiple, you can ask them via support. I don't really think anyone here has a solid answer about that.

Nov 19, 2012 at 7:24 AM Post #9,584 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey is it possible to get two shield colors as a pair ? As in request two colors for either side ?

No. You have to order them in pairs of the same color. You can get different engravings on each pair, though.

Nov 19, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #9,585 of 23,366
hey Val, m-100 just came out in UK and I was looking on Amazon at prices and... 
eek.gif
 my eyes boggled at the screen, I refreshed it several times but, to my dismay the price would not budge any lower than £270! ever since the m-100 came out in USA it was $300 and I did a few quick checks and roughly around £200, I can afford that (really only just) does anyone know why on earth the UK price is this high. This isn't an angry grrr post this is just confused post, somebody please help me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back