V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Nov 13, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #9,422 of 23,366
Just curiously, are these actually meant to completely encapsulate my ear? They press on the top and on the lobe for me... It's fine, but I was just wondering if I have an over-sized ear.

Nov 13, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #9,424 of 23,366
Thought I'd post this because I thought it was relevant.

Last night I had a dream I met someone with the M-100s, I was extremely ecstatic to see them and then within my dream I fell asleep, I was awoken by a knocking on my door, so I opened the door and the UPS man was at my door with a package. I opened the package and found my M-100s.

I thought the dream was so real that I woke up screaming (according to my roommate) saying "YESSSSS I GOT THEM!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

This all happened at 4am :frowning2: I am extremely anxious and excited to get my pair :D

Nov 13, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #9,425 of 23,366
Quote:
Thought I'd post this because I thought it was relevant.

Last night I had a dream I met someone with the M-100s, I was extremely ecstatic to see them and then within my dream I fell asleep, I was awoken by a knocking on my door, so I opened the door and the UPS man was at my door with a package. I opened the package and found my M-100s.

I thought the dream was so real that I woke up screaming (according to my roommate) saying "YESSSSS I GOT THEM!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

This all happened at 4am :frowning2: I am extremely anxious and excited to get my pair :D

LOL  When did you order yours?

Nov 13, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #9,426 of 23,366
One quick question: can we use the 3-button cable of UE6000 on M-100? anyone have tried this yet? If it works, I do not have to order another 3-button cable from Vmoda...and the bule cable would perfectly fit my blue shield :)

Nov 13, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #9,431 of 23,366
Quote:
Well at least it's only the case...I thought this problem would occur eventually as from day 1, I noted that the zipper was hard to zip/unzip and is rather stiff.

Oh gawd... :frowning2:

I seriously want mine to come so I can listen on my own, and find my own thoughts/impressions.
I do intend to do a video review, but I'm not sure how I'm going to convey experiences yet.
I'll think of something

Nov 13, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #9,432 of 23,366
Quote:
Review still imminent, but Tyll's test report sheet landed a few hours ago: http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/VModaM100.pdf

That's a lot of THD noise, but again, that was most likely done on purpose.

And yup that really explains the laid-back midrange, and especially the lower mids; that's a pretty deep dip. Most of the THD noise is also in this region.
blink.gif

The upper-mids are slightly emphasised relative to the lower-mids, as I have observed (around the 1-2 kHz region).
I can't explain what causes the lower-treble to sound sibilant though. Is it that peak at the ~4 kHz mark in the raw data?
The laid-back upper-treble might also be due to the steep treble slope on the rightmost portion of the graph. A high amount of THD noise is found in this region too.
The channel imbalances in the upper frequencies is also confirmed for me (it wasn't an issue though).

The shape of the 300 Hz wave definitely matches with sibilant-sounds, or edgey treble.

The shape of the 30 Hz wave kind of matches the slightly loose bass that I've brought up here-and-there.

Isolation rating is -13 dB, which is more than the ATH-M50 and the SRH940, interesting. I didn't find that to be the case, but OK.

...BUT I'm not an expert at reading headphone measurements, so I could be totally wrong. XD

Also, a totally random thing. I have noticed that more girls sit near me since bringing the M-100 to school. This feels so awkwarrrd. >.>

Nov 13, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #9,433 of 23,366
I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices the sibilance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back