V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 14, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #7,906 of 23,366
Well, audio cut out on the right ear on my M-80, so I'm without a portable headphone until my VTF-100 arrives... Hopefully it gets here before I ship the M-80 off to be repaired and get it back!

Oct 14, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #7,912 of 23,366
Notes:

+I continue to be impressed by the highly-apparent build quality of this headphone.  Every time I've reached for it, I find myself holding it in my hands for a moment -- weighing and marveling -- before affixing it to my cranium.  Never before have I experienced this level of reassurance at this price point.

+Sonically, these are opening up nicely.  The "restrictions" that I'd initially assessed are subsiding and well-defined performance attributes are coming into focus.

+Within the first few hours, the bendable metal headband had proven to be a commodity.  This feature should be a prerequisite for all headphones.

Oct 14, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #7,913 of 23,366
Just to reiterate the noise leakage, since a lot of people were wondering about it, I have the M-100's sitting next to me on my desk, folded so that the earpads are touching each other, while playing pink noise at a pretty loud volume level for a quiet environment and the leakage is less noisy than when my external hard drive is connected to my computer. In short, leakage = NOT A PROBLEM at reasonable, no-brainer listening levels.

Oct 14, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #7,914 of 23,366
Well i'm late to this party, hello all after following this thread for a few hundred pages i figured it's time to create a account! Excited to join and know i'm not the only headphone geek. Looking forward to MP2 and getting my m-100 as I missed out on pre orders by one day 
mad.gif

Oct 14, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #7,916 of 23,366
Quote:
Just to repeat what's already been said, I think it's crazy that companies like V-moda, AKG and Sony are so unprepared as to lose out on the entire holiday season.

Val has been doing he's best to just get these out. It's not like he's been taking a vacation and happened to miss out on getting them out. 

Oct 14, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #7,917 of 23,366
emailed support for missing carabiner and allen wrench on thursday but they haven't replied yet :/ hopefully they'll get to it on monday.

Oct 14, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #7,919 of 23,366
For anyone wanting to have an easier time for shield replacement I highly recommend 

http://www.harborfreight.com/33-piece-precision-screwdriver-set-93916.html

It's cheap and makes the job much much easier.  (I have the older version, but it looks like the same bits are included)  I wouldn't mess with the allen wrench at all.

Oct 14, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #7,920 of 23,366
For anyone wanting to have an easier time for shield replacement I highly recommend  http://www.harborfreight.com/33-piece-precision-screwdriver-set-93916.html   It's cheap and makes the job much much easier.  (I have the older version, but it looks like the same bits are included)  I wouldn't mess with the allen wrench at all.

I get a 404 error.

The Allen wrench isn't all that bad...I don't know why people dislike it so much. Long side in the screw, hold the wrench in place near the screw with one hand, turn the wrench at the short-end with your other hand. It took me about 2 minutes to take off the screws with the included wrench.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back