V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 11, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #7,651 of 23,366
sorry for the double post, but forgot to add a huge THANK YOU personally to Val! the package was very personalized and so I just wanted to thank u personally for all your hard work! u do not disappoint, M-100 is badass
beyersmile.png

Oct 11, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #7,652 of 23,366
Quote:
So I came home today after a long day of work to find that not only had my M-100 arrived, but my brother had already opened up everything and was listening to them,......******* hahah hey at least they are finally here! and they are freakin' awesome! i'm going to put up full impressions tomorrow, but right now pre burn in the very first i noticed when comparing them to my M-80 is that the soundstage really is better and and they are obviously a lot more comfortable due to the design as well as providing MUCH better isolation(also due to design). leakage seems roughly the same as m-80, but one thing that really surprised me is that despite being bigger they actually feel LIGHTER than M-80

M-80s are like 180 grams while M-100s are like 260+ grams lol.

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #7,655 of 23,366
Quote:
Val, once production catches up with demand, I would be the first in line for leather pads.  Is this something you are considering down the road?

I brought this up a few hundred pages ago and El Nero and others concurred that they, too, would love to see a leather earpad option.  When I did a bit of research, I noticed that someone else had asked for that option for their M-80s months before.

We can't do mods on other earpads and have them fit because of V-Moda's specific design.

In the overly literal sense, I think you're twenty-fourth and I'm fifth in line for leather earpads (since I expect at least four other people mentioned their interest before I did). 

But fortunately, if Mr. Kolton ever makes leather pads available, no line will be necessary.

What's that?  You say you were speaking metaphorically and only meant to emphasize your enthusiasm for the idea?  Never mind. . . .

* * * * *​
 ​
Just received that fateful shipping notice email and, yes, my order still reads Awaiting Shipment

However, the tracking number works.  

Spoke to someone at customer service today to ask how everyone's order is coming.  The gentlemen yodeled that the only remaining hitch was the detained shipment of matte black headphones tweeted by Mr. Kolton. He said that everyone should be taken care of by next week.

I mention this not to revive people's kvetch-fest about shipping, but rather to reassure the final round of customers they're being taken care of.  I wouldn't care if I were last person in the VTF queue: That final customer is as important as I, and I'm as important as the first.

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #7,656 of 23,366
**** / **** this thread takes a toll on someone's life. Sorry, I just had to curse. :p 40 ******* pages for the past couple of days. Ok, I'm up to speed now. (On this thread) I still gotta check the recent posts on the other one. *facepalm* Another day.

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #7,657 of 23,366
Quote:
MY OFFICIAL TRAX
I am going to post our team's primary test tracks too later, but the songs I used the most during development were: . . . .

*2) Val Kolton - Once Bitten (WAV http://www.beatport.com/track/once-bitten-original-mix/3716645 )

Notice the not-quite-sotto-voce reference.

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #7,658 of 23,366
Yep that was me. Seriously though, I was just minding my own business and I still wonder til this day what was with that kid and his Solo's. If you thought that was funny you should have read my entry awhile back on another thread involving this one guy I've dubbed Blue Shirt Apple Hipster Dude and his girlfriend Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I seem to meet all the real interesting people when I'm out and about.

Can you link to this post?

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #7,659 of 23,366

I was interested too. I had some free time so I checked it out: http://www.head-fi.org/t/540242/getting-called-out-for-not-wearing-the-beats/1830#post_7703446

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #7,660 of 23,366
My M-80s just arrived last week. They sound absolutely fantastic for being portable cans at that pricepoint. 

Guess my wallet gonna have to tank another few bucks for the M-100.
Wish V-moda could get some resellers in the European Nordic marked. 

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #7,661 of 23,366
Quote:

While not the original quote, you can find the story in the middle of this page http://www.head-fi.org/t/540242/getting-called-out-for-not-wearing-the-beats/2205

P.S. I can NOT believe I found it in that hot mess of a thread.

P.S.S. Also, in an unfortunate turn of events, I just got done with one of my early gen-eds and am having my usual hour lunch break before the rest of my classes. The USPS guy tried to deliver while I was in class of course, and now all I have to do is drive to the office and pick up my sweet, sweet M100. Problem is, the driver is still out delivering, so I can't go get it now during my lunch break, and once I get back to classes I go straight through, 2-10 pm. I guess I have a dinner break between 6-7, but the office closes at 6:30. Maybe if I sprint to my car after class and speed furiously...

Also, if only driving worked like video games :L

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #7,662 of 23,366
Engadget has an M100 article up with their initial impressions.  Right now, it's on their main page. Happy reading!

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #7,665 of 23,366
ENGADGET, MUST READ ARTICLE/INTERVIEW!

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/11/v-moda-m-100-audiophile-headphones-hands-on-interview-val-kolton/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back