V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 10, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #7,621 of 23,366

Leakage will be a non-issue, man. I rock my V-80s everyday with Kpop blasting and no one hears it. I use a cMoyBB and have the volume on my sourse (Infuse 4G) at about 80% and my cMoyBB turn just a notch or two below halfway. I turn it up louder if I'm on the subway, but if they are leaking at that volume, I'm still on a subway. Subway noise > V-80 leakage.

There were only a few times where the leakage was overwhelming and it was when I handed my cMoyBB and V-80s to some n00b friends of mine to try with their iPhones and they immediately turned the volume knob to MAX. With the headphones on their head it sounded like they were playing music through the phone's internal speaker at 75% volume. I doubt you would wear them on your head at that volume. Apple iBuds. Those stupid things leak!

Is it just me, or does it seem like anytime someone's headphones/IEMs are turned up too loud and leaking it's always hip-hop or rap? Are these the only music types that leak?

I know, and I've acknowledged that it probably wont be an issue at all for me. I was just telling that person that in the unlikely case that leakage is worse than I want - I may be able to sell if he still wants it.

It's a very unlikely situation.

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #7,623 of 23,366
MY OFFICIAL TRAX
I am going to post our team's primary test tracks too later, but the songs I used the most during development were:

*1) Carl Kennedy / Tommy Trash - Blackwater (in WAV/AIFF at Beatport by Subliminal http://www.beatport.com/track/blackwater-feat-rosie-henshaw-club-mix/1187625 )
*2) Val Kolton - Once Bitten (WAV http://www.beatport.com/track/once-bitten-original-mix/3716645 )
*3) Dire Straits - Money for Nothing
4) Michael Jackson - Billie Jean

1,2,3 are my official "theme songs of' in the making M-100.  LP was by Sharam - Don't Say a Word and Dada Life Let's get Bleeped Tonight.  M-80 was "Beat It" by Michael Jackson.  LP2 was Once Bitten Twice Shy (mine) and Italoboyz Live Mixes 

Good to see Dire Straits in there! Money For Nothing will be one of the first songs played on my M-100 when I get it!

Oct 10, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #7,624 of 23,366
Quote:
Id really like to see some more pictures of the M100 on people´s heads...I understand that many wont want to upload to a public website though so perhaps Val could release a couple more...I have a tiny head so headphones look stupid on me :frowning2: 

Cheers 

Ask and you shall receive, I'm not that afraid to put my face on the internet. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 10, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #7,627 of 23,366
Ask and you shall receive, I'm not that afraid to put my face on the internet. :)

They actually look pretty snug/fit/flush on a person's head.

On a different note, has anyone noticed that the M-100 custom shields seem kind of blurry/rough on the edges relative to other customs I've see, for the most part?

^ jonnio's shield; might be due to the camera

^ Wleyraud's shield

^ blotto5's shield

^ discretesound's shield; the only "clear" M-100 shield I've seen so far

^ swbf2cheater's M-80 shield

^ dweaver's M-80 shield

^ DigitalFreak's shield

From V-MODA's Facebook page:

Oct 10, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #7,629 of 23,366
Quote:
They actually look pretty snug/fit/flush on a person's head.
On a different note, has anyone noticed that the M-100 custom shields seem kind of blurry/rough on the edges relative to other customs I've see, for the most part?

Don't necessarily use mine as a guide, the design is way to small for the file I sent, but I take the blame.  I tried to put the file on the template, but it kept losing the B&W, so I just sent the file alone and assumed they would maximize it on the shield.

I am going to give it a few more days, but I think my red shields will turn into my wood ones and some day down the road I will order a new set and try again.

Oct 10, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #7,630 of 23,366
My design would be the ultimate engraving litmus test. It's a vector placed on the template, there's absolutely no reason it should turn out to be anything other than perfect.

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #7,631 of 23,366
My design would be the ultimate engraving litmus test. It's a vector placed on the template, there's absolutely no reason it should turn out to be anything other than perfect.

Me too.

Does anyone here plan to compare the M-100 to the UE6000 *other than Craigster75*. I tried the UE6000 at an Apple Store, man do those sound great!

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #7,633 of 23,366
Sorry for talking about the shipping topic, but my m-100's were delivered today; however, I had never received any notification from neither UPS tracking nor V-moda's website. In fact, my order information from V-Moda's website still says that my order is awaiting shipment. Must have been a bug? 

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #7,634 of 23,366
Sorry for talking about the shipping topic, but my m-100's were delivered today; however, I had never received any notification from neither UPS tracking nor V-moda's website. In fact, my order information from V-Moda's website still says that my order is awaiting shipment. Must have been a bug? 

It seems that tracking/shipping has been pretty buggy for pre-orders. Mine still says "awaiting shipment" so maybe in reality it's on its way. :)

I think Val should take note of this...or they [V-MODA] might be seeing some unhappy customers for future orders.

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #7,635 of 23,366
Quote:

I suppose it's better than the opposite occurring :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back