V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 10, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #7,501 of 23,366
The leakage won't be that bad.  If it's anything like the M-80 then it'd be fine for use pretty much anywhere.  You'll still hear what's going on around you but you can listen to the music.  In places like a library, people will only hear your music if they're sitting about a foot away from your ear.

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #7,502 of 23,366
Quote:
ASAP please - and thank you very much. I would like to put in a shipment cancellation/return request asap if these wont be for me. 

Generally I don't know of any shipment service that has cancellation mid shipment. You'll have to return them after receiving your unit. You might as well try'em out (you know, actually test drive them) before sending them back.

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #7,503 of 23,366
LOVE/HATE CUSTOM RELATIONSHIP 
Head-Fi customers, I talked to customer service again the second I woke up and the issue they said is "customs".  It must of been too early, bc I said "What, WE DIDN'T DO THEIR CUSTOMS" (thinking somehow the laser engraving was not done).  After a quick cup of Jo, I realized they meant customs clearance is stuck and it has been an absurdly long time compared to normal.

Mind you, this shipment was sent like 2 day air!  I apologize, but it is out of our hands for the remaining units.  The only thing we can do is call and bug them over and over... We feel your pain more than you do, trust me!

Now you know what we go through once in a while in product development, random customs hold-ups hitting always at the worst times.

So, let's all take a collective deep breath and curb the shipping talk and focus on the product if we can!    

LOVE custom shields, HATE custom clearance holdups.

MP GREEN-LIGHT
I still want more impressions before fully pressing "GO" on MP2 units for the general public, but I am green-lighting the next stage in IQC (incoming quality control) of the parts.  For those with a few cosmetic blemishes OOB, it is because on the first run we have to rework them as we don't have as many spare parts - so sometimes they go through assembly twice.  Plus we QC checked these in LA as well.  So, I'd look at is as a collector's item as being part of the first few - just like the units me and Bill are using have gone through destructive tests.  Remember, we always have your back w six-star support!

MR. BRIGHTSIDE

More shipped today from LA!

-V

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #7,505 of 23,366
Quote:
This is very good that some of you guys are getting your headphones. I hope for those of you that haven't yet, just to hang on a little longer - you have, after all waited for so long already.

As for those that missed the pre-orders, I understand that attempting to get them for X'mas is although slim, but possible. However avenues on getting them may be difficult. Talking to Bill yesterday, you may be able to find them in Asia in-store (but they may not necessarily have an online presence). 

I realize you've probably been asked this hundreds of times but are you still planning on posting a review?  Seems like you've had them longer than anyone else

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #7,506 of 23,366
Quote:
i dont know about the tracking but the shipping 6-10 is correct.. for the $40(imo its really too expensive for a shipment like this) im from Canada too

Agreed, it's too expensive.

LOVE/HATE CUSTOM RELATIONSHIP 
Head-Fi customers, I talked to customer service again the second I woke up and the issue they said is "customs".  It must of been too early, bc I said "What, WE DIDN'T DO THEIR CUSTOMS" (thinking somehow the laser engraving was not done).  After a quick cup of Jo, I realized they meant customs clearance is stuck and it has been an absurdly long time compared to normal.

Mind you, this shipment was sent like 2 day air!  I apologize, but it is out of our hands for the remaining units.  The only thing we can do is call and bug them over and over... We feel your pain more than you do, trust me!

LOVE custom shieldsHATE custom clearance holdups.

-V

I'd love it if my headphones were shipped fedex - but it says they were shipped Priority USPS, rather than Express like I paid for. Also, to add to that, my tracking hasn't started working for the past 2 - 3 days now, on either USPS, Fedex, or Canada Post Tracking sites. A little help would be great.

Quote:
According to Innerfidelity, the Edition 8's have a noise isolation of -14 dB, the LP at -9 dB, LP2 at -11 dB, and the M-80 at -12 dB.

Where would the ATH-M50 be in that regard? Isolation/leakage wise? If it's at least the same for both, I'll be okay with it - any less, and I'll have problems.
Quote:
The leakage won't be that bad.  If it's anything like the M-80 then it'd be fine for use pretty much anywhere.  You'll still hear what's going on around you but you can listen to the music.  In places like a library, people will only hear your music if they're sitting about a foot away from your ear.

At 75%? I usually listen at one or two clicks above 50% on my iPod with my M50's, well, I did anyway, before they died. That would be around.. 60%, 65% max.

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #7,508 of 23,366
Crossing my fingers I get a flame tested unit.  They will whisper to me of fear and endless torture. Their unending spasms of pain lodged in my carotid artery while their nightmarish screams bounce off the inside of my skin and descend to the tips of my toes.

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #7,510 of 23,366
Agreed, it's too expensive.

I'd love it if my headphones were shipped fedex - but it says they were shipped Priority USPS, rather than Express like I paid for. Also, to add to that, my tracking hasn't started working for the past 2 - 3 days now, on either USPS, Fedex, or Canada Post Tracking sites. A little help would be great.

Where would the ATH-M50 be in that regard? Isolation/leakage wise? If it's at least the same for both, I'll be okay with it - any less, and I'll have problems.
At 75%? I usually listen at one or two clicks above 50% on my iPod with my M50's, well, I did anyway, before they died. That would be around.. 60%, 65% max.

Are you ever happy with anything Brs? Shipping, isolation, canceling your order after it has shipped? Are you serious?

Just wait until you get them and try them yourself. You've said before that you'll use the 60 day return policy if they aren't for you. Just have a little patience, I'm looking forward to yours and everyone's impressions and reviews. Mine have shipped but I'm not expecting them for 2 weeks at the earliest. So I'm enjoying all these opinions and pics!

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #7,511 of 23,366
Quote:
Are you ever happy with anything Brs? Shipping, isolation, canceling your order after it has shipped? Are you serious?
Just wait until you get them and try them yourself. You've said before that you'll use the 60 day return policy if they aren't for you. Just have a little patience, I'm looking forward to yours and everyone's impressions and reviews. Mine have shipped but I'm not expecting them for 2 weeks at the earliest. So I'm enjoying all these opinions and pics!

He's just having buyer's remorse after seeing the lineup of headphones this fall, that's all.

And the outback, crikey!

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #7,512 of 23,366
WARNING:

VVV-RATED HEADP0RN

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #7,514 of 23,366

Quote:
The M80 can hardly handle a sub bass frequency that good! It muffled in that category.
I returned two M-80s in 2 weeks...

Quote:
Funny, I feel the M-80 bass has excellent texture and reach.
I'm not a fan of the song, but playing Rack City by Tyga, I can hear, and feel the bass rumble all the way to the floor.

Although, I usually gravitate torwards headphones with crisp and present

That's what I'm sayin. No Hands by Waka Flocka - BOWOWOWOWOWOONG!
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back