V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 9, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #7,489 of 23,366
Is the bass the same as the LP2?

The Mids and highs same as M80 or a bit brighter?

I conclude that the M-100 is a combination of LP2 and M80 or is it close?

I might have to get an LP2 instead if the M100 mids and highs are a hair better than the LP2.

The M80 mids and highs could have been perfect for me , it just missing a little more bass. I also do not like the on ear design of the M-80.

Oct 9, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #7,490 of 23,366
I'm actually more interested in buying the case, cables, and boom mic. 
etysmile.gif

Oct 9, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #7,492 of 23,366
So I just asked about shipping for mine, and apparently it should take about 2 weeks to get to me!  Quite awhile but meh, I can wait. :p  I do regret not choosing the faster shipping though, even if it was $20 more!

/complaincomplain

Awesome that some people have them already though!  I guess that's what the overnight american shipping will get you!  I'm looking forward for the reviews and impressions to pour in over the coming weeks!

Oct 9, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #7,493 of 23,366
Finally got my unit. Can't believe V-Moda approve my shield design :p

Few issues:
1. They didn't send me 2 bass freqs that I ordered
2. The unit definately feels like PPU, with few scratches on the metal cups. Minor issues really but definately can be improved in future production.
3. The screws are horrendous, the sizes are inconsistent and the spare screws have different colours.
4. Isolation is mediocre. Isolate much worse than my old edition 8 but this is not really a problem for me. If I want isolation I will use my ciem.
5. Sound leakage. Not an issue if your iphone volume is about 30%. 50% and above people around you can start hearing what you listening.

I find the overall build quality to be outstanding! Absolutely love the orange cable.
I am absolutely happy with the sound quality. Perfect balance across all spectrum. The bass doesn't go as low as TH900 but for 1/5 of the price this is no slouch.

Just to point out that the orange cable don't have the locking mechanism.

Overall im happy with my purchase. I think my journey for mid priced closed portable headphone ends here :)

Oct 9, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #7,494 of 23,366
Quote:

4. Isolation is mediocre. Isolate much worse than my old edition 8 but this is not really a problem for me. If I want isolation I will use my ciem.
5. Sound leakage. Not an issue if your iphone volume is about 30%. 50% and above people around you can start hearing what you listening.

Well crap.. That's what I was worried about..

If it leaks past 50% volume.. I can't use these in any of the ways I want to.. I wonder if it's possible to cancel the order while it's en-route?

Also, my ATH-M50 officially breathed their last breath today. I have respectfully retired them, and am now can-less.

Oct 9, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #7,495 of 23,366
Well crap.. That's what I was worried about..

If it leaks past 50% volume.. I can't use these in any of the ways I want to.. I wonder if it's possible to cancel the order while it's en-route?

Also, my ATH-M50 officially breathed their last breath today. I have respectfully retired them, and am now can-less.

Well I should note that I did the test in a very silent environment. May not be an issue if you are outdoors

Oct 9, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #7,496 of 23,366
Quote:
Well I should note that I did the test in a very silent environment. May not be an issue if you are outdoors

Thing is, I like to use them in busses, libraries, classrooms, hallways, at home, in the car. Any leakage/isolation problems are a BIG no-no for me. I was told it'd be fine up to 75% volume.

I'm going to probably ask for them to cancel/call back the shipment, and hopefully someone else can have my M-100's. I'm sure the sound will be great, but on top of my reasons above, I find it rude.

If I hate hearing other people's music, I don't want to bother others with my music. It works both ways.

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #7,499 of 23,366

I got surprised about the build quality, all seems to be really strong, took a while to start listening to them 'cause I had a tuff time switching the shields. I hope I was the unlucky one because I got two broken screws while taking them off, still lucky I could take them off in one piece.

3. The screws are horrendous, the sizes are inconsistent and the spare screws have different colours.

It seems that some of the early units have issues with the screws. Hopefully this is addressed and fixed for future units.

According to Innerfidelity, the Edition 8's have a noise isolation of -14 dB, the LP at -9 dB, LP2 at -11 dB, and the M-80 at -12 dB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back