V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 9, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #7,456 of 23,366
MisterEwing,
Thank you for the accessories review. I can understand you might wait to give a full analysis or breakdown of the sound of the M-100 itself, but of course we're all dying to know, lol!
So, in brief, is the first impression a "Wow!" Or an "ooooooh..." or an "mmmh Hmm that's right!" type of emotional response for you?

Oct 9, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #7,457 of 23,366
Quote:
MisterEwing,
Thank you for the accessories review. I can understand you might wait to give a full analysis or breakdown of the sound of the M-100 itself, but of course we're all dying to know, lol!
So, in brief, is the first impression a "Wow!" Or an "ooooooh..." or an "mmmh Hmm that's right!" type of emotional response for you?

Hi Evshrug,

Although woefully less qualified to evaluate sound than many if not most current/soon-to-be M-100 owners; I can say, from an entirely novice perspective, my initial response was 'WOW!'. I don't have, nor have I had much experience with, any of the competing models mentioned in this thread; I can say having spent some time with the B&W P5s there is no comparison. The clarity and 'tightness' of sound is far better on the M-100s.

Oct 9, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #7,458 of 23,366
Really glad for the first impressions Wleyraud!  It just so happens that mine are shipping this Thursday so I bought a Sansa Clip Zip today (with Amazon Prime) to couple with my incoming M-100's.  I also have laptop with a subpar sound card and I used to prefer listening to my music on my DAP but that changed when buying a FiiO E7 like others have mentioned in this thread.

I hope you could give us some more updates about the accessories once you're feeling up to it.

Oct 9, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #7,459 of 23,366
Glad to see people finally getting these things - I'll give my impressions when I get mine, hopefully sometime this week.

In other news, I'm going to email V-MODA. 

My tracking still says:
And the email is really bugging me. (6 - 10, rather than 3 - 5) If I paid extra for nothing, I want my money back.

Try track it with canada post. Somehow USPS don't update their tracking info. My package is out for delivery now and USPS still says "shipping info received"

Oct 9, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #7,464 of 23,366
Am I the only one who ordered the V-MODA VOIP cable thinking it was the only way to get the boom mic to connect to PC? 
confused.gif

From what a few of you are saying the boom mic works with any of the supplied cables on a PC?

Oct 9, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #7,469 of 23,366
One word pretty much sums it up: WOW.

Everything included in the whole package:

The matte black finish looks amazing. The case is beautiful, I especially like the new zipper design with material overlayed on top of the teeth, and the redesigned tab that feels pretty heavy duty. Don't have to worry about the tab slipping out like on the original Crossfades thanks to a completely closed tab ring.

Inside of the case is not lacking in beauty itself.

Nifty little Shareplay cable, and a close-up of attachment to the cord

Boom Mic

And finally, the "corks" included to close the audio ports when not in use

Couldn't be more satisfied, thanks for all the hard work Val!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back