V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 8, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #7,381 of 23,366
Quote:
None of these threads are shipping specific. 

It's just excitement. They'll subside when people start inundating the thread(s) with unboxing pics/videos. 

At this point, three or four pages of shipping posts are adding a drop to a lake. Reviews probably will be posted to the M-100 headphone page, but impressions are always fun to post and see to discuss. Soooooooo

why not both?

Oct 8, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #7,382 of 23,366
Quote:
What about the 5 other threads related to the M-100? Including this "Discussions/Feedback, Reviews" thread and the "appreciation thread".

The appreciation thread has a few people that reserved spots in the first page to edit for reviews including myself. It will be much more organized on that and, of course, the actual product reviews that are submitted.

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #7,383 of 23,366
Quote:
Respectfully, could everyone honor Val's request and perhaps address individual shipping questions to V-Moda customer service? 

Things are bad when I am trying to be a voice of reason :wink:

You and I are in agreement, Craigster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eron /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So when I suggested to create a new thread for shipping statuses, I was called a troll.
When Val says it, it's ok?

The point of agreement is your and Val's not wanting to be burdened with shipping complaints on this thread, which means that people posting about getting the notice probably shouldn't, as those posts beggar embittered I-didn't-get-mine responses. 

The difference is that Mr. Kolton doesn't want to deal with the negative posts at all.  A shipping minutiae thread isn't necessary and the subject tends to devolve into self-absorbed kvetching. 

In one case (to which I chose not to respond), a person on this thread complained that the preorders were "a huge waste of time."  This despite the fact that person had joined Head-fi exactly two days before making the comment and had posted a total of three times -- first to talk about himself and the fact that he was waiting for the order, second, to say he'd ordered white M-100s and was "waiting patiently," and third to froth angrily and say obnoxious things about V-Moda. 

In other words, the poster had done nothing to support and develop the ideas that became the M-100 and many of the included extras, nor was that person here to criticize the initial V-Moda products which preceded the M-80 and now M-100.  All their three posts did was leech off of other people's long-term efforts and help to degrade the emotional tone of this thread.

Given that, it seemed breathtakingly entitled to hear the poster brag about "patience."  A new pair of headphones is not a cure for ADD.

I'll say this one more time:

It doesn't matter where you are in the queue because any one of us could be last.  Is that last person really less deserving than you?

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #7,384 of 23,366
I'm just hoping that my extra $40 was well spent, and I actually get mine this week. It'd be stupid to think I paid an extra 11% just to get them later than I would have normally. Tracking number is still giving me an error, and the "6 - 10" days quote hasn't been disproven yet...

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #7,386 of 23,366
Quote:
You and I are in agreement, Craigster.

The point of agreement is your and Val's not wanting to be burdened with shipping complaints on this thread, which means that people posting about getting the notice probably shouldn't, as those posts beggar embittered I-didn't-get-mine responses. 

The difference is that Mr. Kolton doesn't want to deal with the negative posts at all.  A shipping minutiae thread isn't necessary and the subject tends to devolve into self-absorbed kvetching. 

In one case (to which I chose not to respond), a person on this thread complained that the preorders were "a huge waste of time."  This despite the fact that person had joined Head-fi exactly two days before making the comment and had posted a total of three times -- first to talk about himself and the fact that he was waiting for the order, second, to say he'd ordered white M-100s and was "waiting patiently," and third to froth angrily and say obnoxious things about V-Moda. 

In other words, the poster had done nothing to support and develop the ideas that became the M-100 and many of the included extras, nor was that person here to criticize the initial V-Moda products which preceded the M-80 and now M-100.  All their three posts did was leech off of other people's long-term efforts and help to degrade the emotional tone of this thread.

Given that, it seemed breathtakingly obnoxious to hear the poster brag about "patience."  A new pair of headphones is not a cure for ADD.

I'll say this one more time:

It doesn't matter where you are in the queue because any one of us could be last.  Is that last person really less deserving than you?

Please, just keep writing and posting. Every single one of your posts is a pleasure to read.

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #7,387 of 23,366
Quote:
Don't eat me but how do the V-Moda 100 compare to Ath m50 and Dt 990? 

Well, we just need to find that out in the next couple of days, now don't we?

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #7,388 of 23,366
Quote:
Well, we just need to find that out in the next couple of days, now don't we?

Your darn right u do <3. I'm an active follower of the Bass head thread and it's nice to know what's recommended! I hear V-Moda alot so I figured it's time to start a following

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #7,389 of 23,366
The last thing we need is ANOTHER THREAD.

If you think people finding information here amid "irrelevant" posts is a problem now, just wait until all that is fragmented and splintered across a bunch of poorly organized and delineated threads.

So, stop. Please. One thread is good enough, two is more than enough, and more than that is ridiculous.

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #7,390 of 23,366
Quote:
The last thing we need is ANOTHER THREAD.

If you think people finding information here amid "irrelevant" posts is a problem now, just wait until all that is fragmented and splintered across a bunch of poorly organized and delineated threads.

So, stop. Please. One thread is good enough, two is more than enough, and more than that is ridiculous.

Oh please, welcome to head Fi almost all threads are like that. Heck the last 6 pages of the Pro 900 Appreciation THread are AGAINST them ... and the Pro 900 lovers r no where to be found, and you know what... that thread is ENTIRELY relevant to the pro 900

Point being TELL ME HOW THE V-Moda 100 SOUNDS :D when u figure it out

Oct 9, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #7,394 of 23,366
If its too hot, get out of the kitchen! We live in a consumer driven society. This is an independent thread and not V Modas? Or ami I wrong? If I offended someone , and you knwo who you are, by stating that the weakness of LPs was sound isolation, so be it. I am not the only who reviwed strength and weaknesses of the products. I also stated that the sound quality of LPs was great and looks witch 2 out of 3 attributes that every DJ values. I have proved that I have faith in the product and put my money where my mouth and pre ordered 100s. I follwed up with proof and not just text. CEO came out and admitted and apologized that pre orders were not handled In a best way. You have to give him credit and respect. This is my second v Moda product , so I am not sure what you are getting at??? I will never brown nose or disrespect any product or person without personal experience .

Oct 9, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #7,395 of 23,366
Quote:
If its too hot, get out of the kitchen! We live in a consumer driven society. This is an independent thread and not V Modas? Or ami I wrong? If I offended someone , and you knwo who you are, by stating that the weakness of LPs was sound isolation, so be it. I am not the only who reviwed strength and weaknesses of the products. I also stated that the sound quality of LPs was great and looks witch 2 out of 3 attributes that every DJ values. I have proved that I have faith in the product and put my money where my mouth and pre ordered 100s. I follwed up with proof and not just text. CEO came out and admitted and apologized that pre orders were not handled In a best way. You have to give him credit and respect. This is my second v Moda product , so I am not sure what you are getting at??? I will never brown nose or disrespect any product or person without personal experience .

I suppose my optimisitic spirit did not recognize that as a insult :O

Still I feel you on that! All the Raw data in the WORLD means nothing unless u hear a product, and when most companies have a sound Signiture to them that you ethier love or hate! So assume you liked V-Moda, I'm sure the new line will impress you as well, I've never heard one so I can't really say much. But They are recommeneded alot and I hear alot of praise for them <3 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back