V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 16, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #6,346 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm in a tight situation. Save some cash and get the M-80 right now but sacrifice over-ear and collapsible design? Or wait till M-100s come out with everything I want but end up shelling out extra cash (cash I'll have to wait till december for). Any advice?

Having the benefit of foresight that the M-100 is coming, why spend money now settling for a headphone you don't ultimately want and need to go to the trouble to sell in 2 months?  Also, with the M-100 coming out, I wonder what that will do to resale value for the M-80?

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #6,349 of 23,366
Quote:
Is selling really foolproof? I mean where would I sell them? Ebay? 

There's a sub forum here for buying and selling headphone gear. You can expect to lose a few dollars but you could also look to buy a used pair on here then resell them in a few months likely with minimal loss. I bought mine used through the forums, got a decent deal and they're basically in mint condition.

Quote:
Also, with the M-100 coming out, I wonder what that will do to resale value for the M-80?

I don't think it will do much to them, they're in two different price brackets. Right now used M-80's tend to fetch about $120 -150, I don't see them dropping beyond the $120 low point, after all it's not like they're discontinued or the street price is expected to drop so there's no real reason for the resale value to be effected other than there may be a few more for sale once people get their M-100's.

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #6,351 of 23,366
Quote:
Stay tuned boppers...

I can dig it.

From the CNET writeup:

Quote:

...the sound was remarkably open and spacious...

Check!

Quote:

Bass was deep, but not overdone...

Check!

Quote:

Comfort levels are high...

Check!

Quote:

This headphone was designed to sound great in noisy places, so it might sound too bass heavy at home.

...eh?  As someone who intends to use these as at-home cans exclusively, I'm hoping not.  With that, my anticipation continues to swell...

Sep 16, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #6,352 of 23,366
Quote:

From the CNET writeup:

Quote:

This headphone was designed to sound great in noisy places, so it might sound too bass heavy at home.

...eh?  As someone who intends to use these as at-home cans exclusively, I'm hoping not.  With that, my anticipation continues to swell...

This does not bother or concern me in the least.  I personally favor extra bass if it is done well and will mostly be listening portably anyway as these were intended.  If the bass is ideal portably but in the unlikely event it is too much at home, it will give me an excuse to purchase a home listening pair- perhaps repurchase my D600 or take the plunge for Mad Dogs.

Sep 16, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #6,353 of 23,366
Quote:

Me, problems? 
wink.gif

I don't listen on-the-go, only at home but these M100 looks like they have the sound signature I also prefer at home.

Sep 16, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #6,354 of 23,366
Quote:

Me, problems? 
wink.gif

I don't listen on-the-go, only at home but these M100 looks like they have the sound signature I also prefer at home.

I have a gut feeling M-100 and Momentum will have similar mids and highs, but the M-100 will trounce Momentum with bass that is tighter, punchier and deeper into the sub bass region.  It sounds like they will also be the clear winner regarding soundstage.

Sep 16, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #6,355 of 23,366
Agreed, this is V-MODA's element and the kind of sound sig they strive to perfect. I'm looking forward to the M-100 way more than the Momentum. IMO Senn has a knack for overpricing their products these days as well so I'm not really sure how much the Momentum is worth.

Sep 16, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #6,359 of 23,366
Quote:

Me, problems? 
wink.gif

Let's not ever forget that we can equalize for slight preferences, different environments, sources, genres or even the mastering of songs.  But, I haven't had to equalize M-100, personally after extensive use.

I haven't tried these production M-100s on stage yet as a DJ, playing live is always a little different and you need lots of bass to compensate for the loudness and monitors.  I am going to see Avicii tonight, I think he'll be using the new M-100s and I'll take some photos/videos.

-v 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back