V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 16, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #6,331 of 23,366
Quote:

regardless, we are completely sold out for months and our only goal is 100% customer satisfaction.  

If the M-100 sound signature doesn't wow you as a weapon of choice for its mission (and I believe it will wow many), then I will make another model down the road for the other musical tastes.  I actually have two sonic signatures in my head that I want my future "Revolver" to be that will come out sometime within the next 5 years.  Will Revolver be the best sounding headphone ever made?  In my mind, yes... but actually the true answer is NO.  The GOAT (greatest of all time) is too subjective, the best headphone in the world is what YOU are completely happy with and that is the only metric that matters.   

MY GREATEST OF ALL TIME (G.O.A.T.) SCORECARD
I have an internal scorecard made up of thousands of variables that I always guess before I launch products.  I score what I feel is my personal grade and what what I THINK will be the consumer's grade.  In my mind, I thought M-80 was a 92. Yet it was almost a 96 or even higher according to consumers.  M-100 is about a 98 to me, and I want Revolver to be 110+.  Keep in mind, I have to always think of "use cases" of our customer base as Steve on CNET said. I also usually score products against 2 primary products that I decided to compete against or I love myself (such as my former lover, the Pioneer HDJ-2000).  Interestingly, for the first time ever, M-100 had no primary competitors at all to compete against except to beat my own creation - M-80.  I was competing with myself, which leads to an "infinite loop" of revisions.

1 INFINITE WAY STEVE JOBS?
I have no idea if the above mindset is why Steve Jobs created Apple's primary address as "1 infinite loop way", but in my mind as a former programmer and hacker, I think I cracked the code by brute force...

^reply reminds me of my favorite joke of all time.  

A man walks into a bar with a backpack. He unzips the pack and takes out a mini piano. He then takes out a 10 inch man. The man begins to play the piano beautifully. The bartender walks up the the man and says "Gee, where did you get the little man?" the guy hands him a magic lamp and says "rub it and make a wish" the bartender rubs it and says "I wish I had a Million Bucks!" POOF a million Ducks come marching into the bar. The bartender looks at the man and says "I think you lamp is broken" the man in return says "Yah. Do you really think i asked for a 10 inch Pianist?"

LIVE YOUR LIFE, BE FREE >>>
PS - I'd definitely be fired for saying this joke online if V-MODA were any other brand in the world... "live your life, be free" is the theme for my bro Erick and I...
 ​
 ​

I've got a question Val - Does the V-Moda Revolver have a release date? "Yes" or "No" answer if you may. 

Sep 16, 2012 at 4:33 AM Post #6,334 of 23,366
Quote:
Did you just throw out a "The Warriors" movie reference?....Nice. And I'm guessing that's flying over most of the "young boppers" heads in here.

Lol good to see someone else on here saw the movie. I'm glad someone eventually made the connection.

Sep 16, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #6,336 of 23,366
The deciding factor which I think will probably steer me towards M100 is soundstage, V-Moda itself on the front side of the package advertises soundstage of ALL things that COULD be advertised. As well did the very respectable CNET reviewer point out exactly this from his impressions of it, expansive soundstage for a closed (or semi closed) headphones. Soundstage is exactly the factor I'd want an upgrade to the most as my Q40's perhaps weakest link is exactly soundstage but it does very well in other regards for me, so great that I can very much live with its less than ideal soundstage. However if M100 can do what Q40 does and maybe better while offering a more expansive soundstage, I'd probably love it. M100 just can't land soon enough in europe though, guess it'll be aprox a month before I'd be able to have one in my hands.

It's always difficult to get great soundstage from a closed headphone and I need at least some isolation (I keep mastering a lot of tracks for upcoming hardstyle producers these days) why I don't look into open headphones but V-Moda may very well have hit the sweetspot in terms of "isolation Vs. soundstage", at least this is among the top-interesting things I'm willing to find out in case I'd pick up the M100.

But yea soundstage is something which I have high hopes for in M100 when comparing to its biggest rivals; Sennheiser Momentum, Sony MDR-1R, AKG K267 Tiesto and Yamaha Pro400/500, by design these doesn't look like they feature similarly vented design, maybe they have tiny tiny openings which a lot of headphones do that might go unnoticed until you open them up but V-Moda by design, looks to have an advantage here. Having said that, I think it was smart by V-Moda to advertise exactly soundstage on the package and I guess this is something they felt the M100 did exceptionally well at and might have an edge compared to the competition.

Sep 16, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #6,339 of 23,366
Quote:
Will vmoda ship these out overnight or will they do it depending on which shipping choice we made? I do think since we preordered these as loyal fans they should overnight them to us.

I already emailed customer service about paying to upgrade to expedited shipping since I now regret going with free shipping.  They are shipping as ordered and shipping can't be changed unless you want to lose your preorder.

Sep 16, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #6,342 of 23,366
If the M100 costs $300, I wonder what the Revolver would cost? I know that it's not going to be out any time soon, but I was just wondering... This year I'm already buying the M100s and the Wii U (deluxe) so I shouldn't add things to the list of what I should buy

Sep 16, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #6,343 of 23,366
I'm in a tight situation. Save some cash and get the M-80 right now but sacrifice over-ear and collapsible design? Or wait till M-100s come out with everything I want but end up shelling out extra cash (cash I'll have to wait till december for). Any advice?

Sep 16, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #6,344 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm in a tight situation. Save some cash and get the M-80 right now but sacrifice over-ear and collapsible design? Or wait till M-100s come out with everything I want but end up shelling out extra cash (cash I'll have to wait till december for). Any advice?

Get the M-80's now then sell them once you save the difference to get the M-100's.

Sep 16, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #6,345 of 23,366
Quote:
I already emailed customer service about paying to upgrade to expedited shipping since I now regret going with free shipping.  They are shipping as ordered and shipping can't be changed unless you want to lose your preorder.

Same thing happened to me, how can you not change the addresses on orders?! Now I have to wait an extra 3 weeks to get to LA to pick up my pre-orders :frowning2:.

Anyway... mind if steal that joke, Val?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back