V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 15, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #6,301 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm very excited about these headphones, but am also a little nervous - whenever there's a lot of pre-release hype and expectation there's increased scope for disappointment.  Reading the story above, I get nervous hearing stuff like "...might sound too bass heavy at home..."  and "midrange and treble presence were quite good".  Only "quite" good?  I absolutely love the signature of the M80s, and hope the M100s don't veer too far from that (in the direction of the LP2s).  I'm not a DJ and don't listen to dance music - I want something that also sounds fantastic playing acoustic folk and rock (like the M80s do).  I guess we'll know soon enough!

All you have (we) to go on for now is that these will be around 80% M-80's, and only 20% LP2 from what we've heard. That's my guess anyway - I've never heard either, and I bought these based on the great things I heard about V-MODA and Val Kolton. I'm actually a bit nervous about these specific headphones, because the vents may leak more of my music than I'm used to.

Other than that - they sound good for me, but with so many headphones coming out, I don't think I need to worry about not finding anything for me.

Sep 15, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #6,302 of 23,366
Yeah you guys are right, it's just the nerves getting to me.  :)

Sep 15, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #6,303 of 23,366
Quote:
All you have (we) to go on for now is that these will be around 80% M-80's, and only 20% LP2 from what we've heard. That's my guess anyway - I've never heard either, and I bought these based on the great things I heard about V-MODA and Val Kolton. I'm actually a bit nervous about these specific headphones, because the vents may leak more of my music than I'm used to.

Other than that - they sound good for me, but with so many headphones coming out, I don't think I need to worry about not finding anything for me.

I listen to music quite loud in my M80's and they leak absolutely NOTHING, and I'm in class and it's dead silent in there. 
The LP2's don't leak much either, a bit more, but if you're not listening at damaging levels I wouldn't worry.

Sep 15, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #6,304 of 23,366
Quote:
I listen to music quite loud in my M80's and they leak absolutely NOTHING, and I'm in class and it's dead silent in there. 
The LP2's don't leak much either, a bit more, but if you're not listening at damaging levels I wouldn't worry.

How loud is "quite loud"? Halfway on an iPod Touch volume rocker? 1/3rd? 

Sep 15, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #6,307 of 23,366
If I turn the M-80 up to half volume on my 3GS, you can just barely hear it in a quiet library sitting across from it on a desk, while it is on someone's head.  It's not distracting at all and you can't even pick out what song is playing.

Sep 15, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #6,308 of 23,366
I've tested my M-80's on my iPod Touch 4 at 13/16 volume (I'm pretty sure we can all agree that this is loud) in a dead silent room with my sister 2 feet away and all she can hear was a quiet murmur: she was able to figure out the lyrics to the song, but it was very quiet and she had to concentrate; leakage is not a problem for the M-80's.
 ​

Sep 15, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #6,309 of 23,366
I thought they leaked too, until I put them on someone's head...

Sep 15, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #6,310 of 23,366
Quote:
I've tested my M-80's on my iPod Touch 4 at 13/16 volume (I'm pretty sure we can all agree that this is loud) in a dead silent room with my sister 2 feet away and all she can hear was a quiet murmur: she was able to figure out the lyrics to the song, but it was very quiet and she had to concentrate; leakage is not a problem for the M-80's.
 ​

I listen about that loud and noone can hear it in a dead silent classroom. 

Sep 15, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #6,312 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm very excited about these headphones, but am also a little nervous - whenever there's a lot of pre-release hype and expectation there's increased scope for disappointment.  Reading the story above, I get nervous hearing stuff like "...might sound too bass heavy at home..."  and "midrange and treble presence were quite good".  Only "quite" good?  I absolutely love the signature of the M80s, and hope the M100s don't veer too far from that (in the direction of the LP2s).  I'm not a DJ and don't listen to dance music - I want something that also sounds fantastic playing acoustic folk and rock (like the M80s do).  I guess we'll know soon enough!

Don't be nervous if you are an audiophile that also appreciates fantastic bass. My gut tells me these are the first headphones to satisfy audiophiles that are secretly bassheads and bassheads who have been searching for a basshead can that also provides audiophile mids and highs (I am the latter).  Mark my words- take the best bass you ever heard in a headphone- impactful, tight and deep (not overpowering; something like the M-Audio Q40 or ATH-PRO700MK2 and combine with clean, transparent mids and smooth highs, THAT WILL BE THE M-100!!!!) [TURNING INTO THE HULK AS I TYPE THIS I AM SO PUMPED].

Sep 15, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #6,313 of 23,366
I'm pretty sure that I've seen this picture somewhere here before, but anyways, I'm just sharing with everyone 
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14598015@N07/7856551112/

I got the matte black, however both withe and black are really good looking for me 
biggrin.gif

Crossing my fingers the shipment will occur as soon possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back